Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
So I installed the hop up chamber today and am noticing a big improvement in accuracy. apparently the stock chamber was a piece of junk. Im still not getting 100% straight shots every time but I can hit a tree at roughly 30-35m with great consistency. might shim the arm to get a bit more performance out of it. bt I want to take it to a game first and see how it performs on man size targets at range.

have a question though. I normally PTFE tape my bucking to my barrel. Didn't do that this time because of the metal part that slides over that barrel to keep it centred in the chamber. Did any of you still use the tape or did you find it unnecessary? every now and then I will still get a wild flyer, although I am using unwashed BBS so it might be down to that.

· Registered
97 Posts
So I have had some more time with the chamber and it is frustrating me a bit. I absolutely love it when it shoots nice and straight but its still not giving me the consistency that I am looking for. Im running it with a PDI W hold bucking on a 500mm 6.03 laylax barrel. Any advice for getting more consitent shots? at the moment I am mainly getting shots pulling off to the left.

· Registered
97 Posts
ye thats what I thought. I also have no choice other than sticking with .30 as the BB's have to be Bio BBs Have you done any other mods to increase the accuracy out of your VSR? also. every how many shots should I be cleaning it to get good consistency? maybe it just needs a good cleaning. though it was cleaned recently

· Registered
97 Posts
Using .30 biovals. Said to be the best bbs available. Barrel is still brand new except for the test shots I've been shooting to find out how the new parts perform. I'm just looking for as much consistency as possible. Maybe my expectations are to high. How much variation should I expect from my rifle?

· Registered
97 Posts
FPS helps accuracy? I would have thought It would just amplify the inaccurate shots? 500 is the limit however, which I thought a M150 would get me close to (dont own a chrono so cant test) looks like this is as good as its going to get.

· Registered
97 Posts
Could someone let me know what are good hop rubber solutions for the AA chamber. I know 1tonne runs a maple bucking with the prommy hop tensioner, but i believe that rubber is elongated and requires the window in the barrel to be dremeld.

after doing some research i have come up with some options that i still need some help with.

- Rhop, would still like some info on what nub and bucking to use in combination with the patch.
- firefly.
- nineball.

My questions for the other two is whether they are a simple plug and play solution or whether i need to install other parts such as nubs for them. also, which version of these rubbers should I get.

I am currently using a PDI w hold vsr rubber which just is not giving me the performance im looking for. left and right curves are very common and I just want some solid reliability in combination with the AA chamber.

Thank for any suggestions.

· Registered
97 Posts
so for the r hop i would have to cut off the piece of the arm that the nub goes into and replace it with a m-nub? dont feel fantastic about doing that in case i mess it up. is the prommy drop in tensioner not compatible with rhop then? are there any drop in nubs that will make it unnescisary to cut off a piece of the arm?

· Registered
97 Posts
thanks, standard round tensioner would be the thing that the AA chamber comes with right? also any recommendations on hardness of the bucking? ive heard extra soft be highly regarded. wont this rip in a 500 fps setup?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.