Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 676 Posts

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It can work with the TDC mod. Infact I still have my old nut for my TDC mod still in. So I can adjust it that way if I wish to.
I will work with R-hop but ER-Hop is a little too long (11mm). Although you can modify the chamber a little so that the ER-hop will work. It is a very easy mod and it would only take about 5-10 minutes to do. (Just grind the hole where the hopup nub fits though to be 11mm long. It is already 7.5mm long).

You will most likely find that ER-hop is more a pain in the backside.
I wanted to show people why the ER-hop is just plain overkill for 99.99% of what you could possibly want to do. The ER-hop was designed to lift 2 gram TUNGSTEN ball bearings for long range target shooting. It really isn't going to do much for the average end user aside from be more sensitive and fickle than a regular R-hop(which also is overkill for most of the applications here).

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

· Registered
51 Posts
thanks 1tonne ive been looking all night just ordered it!

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

· Registered
51 Posts
will do, should have everything in order by the time it comes in. I'm gonna be upset if i drilled a hole in my barrel for nothing haha!

· Registered
47 Posts
Ok, I might be getting myself confused but can an AEG barrel be used in the chamber, or does it have to be a VSR barrel?

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok, I might be getting myself confused but can an AEG barrel be used in the chamber, or does it have to be a VSR barrel?
Yes. An AEG barrel will work but you may have to cut the little bit of rubber that normally fits into the grove on a VSR barrel.
Also note that if you purchase an Action Army AEG barrel, they put the VSR10 cut groove into them and so you can use the barrel for both AEG and VSR10.

· Registered
261 Posts
So I got mine today and did some test shot today.

1)hopup arm have too much play, it wiggle around -> shimming work is necessary
2)hex key with rounded head will not work on the HU adjuster hex screw -> I thought the scew is worn out
3)it feed well
4)I have the feedling that my bullet is still driifting right after 50-60meters with Bioval 0.3g

@1tonne

did you use the maple leaf aeg or vsr bucking? mine maple vsr bucking is about 1mm too short than other brands -> the barrel spacer is not long enough to hold the bucking in place -> you can move the barrel back and forward :|

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
So I got mine today and did some test shot today.

1)hopup arm have too much play, it wiggle around -> shimming work is necessary
2)hex key with rounded head will not work on the HU adjuster hex screw -> I thought the scew is worn out
3)it feed well
4)I have the feedling that my bullet is still driifting right after 50-60meters with Bioval 0.3g

@1tonne

did you use the maple leaf aeg or vsr bucking? mine maple vsr bucking is about 1mm too short than other brands -> the barrel spacer is not long enough to hold the bucking in place -> you can move the barrel back and forward :|
I did notice that the hopup arm had a little wobble but not much to worry about and once the hopup is all together it should not have any wobble. I did not bother to shim it and I still have really awesome results.

I used a Maple VSR10 Bucking with an Action Army AEG Barrel (AA Barrel has the groove in them so you can use VSR buckings) and I have filed the part off to make it an open cut window much like any other VSR10 barrel.
Push the bucking as far in as possible (grease the bucking first)(Note: there will be about 1mm left because the bucking slot is curved at the end and so the bucking will not go 100% all the way in but this is how it is meant to be and should not be an issue). Once in tighten the lock screw so that it does not move back or forwards.
Next put your rubber nub onto the hopup arm and lower it so that it is in place. check to see if the nub is coming down. It should quite hard to lower the arm (this is why I did not bother to shim it as it will not move. You may wish to shim it with aluminium wielding tape but I am not going to bother)

Also I did not understand "
2)hex key with rounded head will not work on the HU adjuster hex screw -> I thought the scew is worn out"
I just used normal Allen keys (hex keys) and they worked fine.

· Registered
97 Posts
So I installed the hop up chamber today and am noticing a big improvement in accuracy. apparently the stock chamber was a piece of junk. Im still not getting 100% straight shots every time but I can hit a tree at roughly 30-35m with great consistency. might shim the arm to get a bit more performance out of it. bt I want to take it to a game first and see how it performs on man size targets at range.

have a question though. I normally PTFE tape my bucking to my barrel. Didn't do that this time because of the metal part that slides over that barrel to keep it centred in the chamber. Did any of you still use the tape or did you find it unnecessary? every now and then I will still get a wild flyer, although I am using unwashed BBS so it might be down to that.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I did not use any Teflon tape. Since the bucking is so snug in the chamber you should not have any air leaks.

@ Sharingan:
Try reinstalling the bucking but do not push it in extra hard. Use a little Teflon grease around it and once it does not push any further, stop pushing. It may look as though it needs to go in about 1mm more but that is only because of the shape of the slot for the bucking guide. The chamber is actually designed like that. So 1mm at the end is OK. Push the arm down on the bucking and see if it engages with the nub.

· Registered
97 Posts
So I have had some more time with the chamber and it is frustrating me a bit. I absolutely love it when it shoots nice and straight but its still not giving me the consistency that I am looking for. Im running it with a PDI W hold bucking on a 500mm 6.03 laylax barrel. Any advice for getting more consitent shots? at the moment I am mainly getting shots pulling off to the left.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
So I have had some more time with the chamber and it is frustrating me a bit. I absolutely love it when it shoots nice and straight but its still not giving me the consistency that I am looking for. Im running it with a PDI W hold bucking on a 500mm 6.03 laylax barrel. Any advice for getting more consitent shots? at the moment I am mainly getting shots pulling off to the left.
What bb weight are you using? Also, I am not sure how well the PDI W Hold bucking will work as the extra ribs may put it out of alignment.

· Registered
161 Posts
Whats your fps?

21 - 40 of 676 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.