Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
41 - 60 of 676 Posts

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm using .30's, what bucking would you suggest?
0.3gm bb's are OK. The heavier the bb normally the more accurate the rifle will be but you need the FPS to carry the extra weight.

· Registered
161 Posts
I would still go heavier if you are using an m150. Try .36. I use .43 with my M170.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
M150 should mean you have about 440-470fps. I would stick with the 0.3gm bb's

· Registered
97 Posts
ye thats what I thought. I also have no choice other than sticking with .30 as the BB's have to be Bio BBs Have you done any other mods to increase the accuracy out of your VSR? also. every how many shots should I be cleaning it to get good consistency? maybe it just needs a good cleaning. though it was cleaned recently

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
ye thats what I thought. I also have no choice other than sticking with .30 as the BB's have to be Bio BBs Have you done any other mods to increase the accuracy out of your VSR? also. every how many shots should I be cleaning it to get good consistency? maybe it just needs a good cleaning. though it was cleaned recently
Cleaning the barrel is really important. How often you clean the barrel can depend on the type of bb's you are using. For instance I used to use Madbull 0.4gm Tan bb's and I had to clean the inner barrel every 200-300 rounds as the bb's left a heap of crap in the barrel. Other brands of bb's that I have used have been better and I only have to clean the barrel every 1000 rounds or so.
It is best to get into the habit of just cleaning it after each game.

· Registered
97 Posts
Using .30 biovals. Said to be the best bbs available. Barrel is still brand new except for the test shots I've been shooting to find out how the new parts perform. I'm just looking for as much consistency as possible. Maybe my expectations are to high. How much variation should I expect from my rifle?

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Using 0.3gm at approximately 470fps I would expect you to hit a A4 sized target at 50m about 60% of the time.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Heavier weight bb's with the right length barrel. More FPS will help a lot too.

· Registered
97 Posts
FPS helps accuracy? I would have thought It would just amplify the inaccurate shots? 500 is the limit however, which I thought a M150 would get me close to (dont own a chrono so cant test) looks like this is as good as its going to get.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
FPS does help with accuracy but you need to match the right barrel and bb weight to get the right consistancy

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I was wondering if you could try this: Maple Leaf AEG Hop Tensioner ( OHM ) / MLTW-AHT | WGC Shop - Airsoft Supplier
It's made for the maple leaf buckings.
I'm wondering if the bucking performs better with it compared to the flat alternative.

Edit: Did you have to cut the prometheus to make it fit?
That nub is more suited to a G-hop since it is concaved. Flat hop nubs will work better with the maple bucking.

I did not use a Prometheus barrel. My one is an Action Army AEG barrel.

· Registered
558 Posts
That nub is more suited to a G-hop since it is concaved. Flat hop nubs will work better with the maple bucking.
Well you would think that, but I'm starting to second guess it, as all the nubs maple leaf makes for there own buckings are concave.

Like these: Maple Leaf Hop Up Arm for VSR-10 / MLTW-HUA-VSR10 | WGC Shop - Airsoft Supplier

Maple Leaf I Key / MLTW-KEY-I | WGC Shop - Airsoft Supplier

Maple Leaf T Key / MLTW-KEY-T | WGC Shop - Airsoft Supplier

Maple Leaf AEG Hop Tensioner ( OHM ) / MLTW-AHT | WGC Shop - Airsoft Supplier

I'll try to make a comparison myself, but I don't have access to a good range at the moment.

I did not use a Prometheus barrel. My one is an Action Army AEG barrel.
Sorry I meant the Prometheus Hop Up Tensioner Set ( Flat ) and not the barrel.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
They may be fine. They are still long and but just concave. It will push the bucking down evenly.

I did not have to cut the Prometheus hopup spacer to fit.

41 - 60 of 676 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.