Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
661 - 676 of 676 Posts

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #661 ·
Hello 1 tonne,
Could you please be of assistance? You seem quite knowledgeable .

I just installed a AA hop and chamber into a bar-10 but I am now having a jamming issue every few minutes. I take the magazine out to clear the chamber a two or three bb's fall out.
After searching I found the problem may be the bb stoppers and the solution is to tighten them.
How do you do this?
Thanks
Take the hopup out of the barrel. You will then see the black screws on the outside of the chamber. They are the big black screws. Just tighten it one turn and then reinstall and test. You may need to tighten more but just to one turn at a time and then retest.

· Registered
224 Posts
Take the hopup out of the barrel. You will then see the black screws on the outside of the chamber. They are the big black screws. Just tighten it one turn and then reinstall and test. You may need to tighten more but just to one turn at a time and then retest.
Thanks again 1tonne it worked!
Note: I just gave the two screws on the chamber one turn and they were snug. I am guessing that whenever you install a AA hop up chamber you should turn them snug?

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #663 ·
Thanks again 1tonne it worked!
Note: I just gave the two screws on the chamber one turn and they were snug. I am guessing that whenever you install a AA hop up chamber you should turn them snug?
Not necessarily. Most I have installed only needed to just fit into the outer barrel

· Registered
188 Posts
Currently using aa chamber with a maple leaf 60 degree wonder bucking and I am not getting much hop on .45 bbs? .40 get plenty of hop... I have the hopup chamber turned as far as it can go clockwise and it's just not cutting it. I heard the wonder buckings were good for heavy ammo. Any ideas?

· Registered
969 Posts
What nub are you using, if any? What power level are you shooting at? How is your air seal?

Answering those questions will likely either lead you to the solution, or help us help you do it.

FYI, the autobot is generally regarded as superior to the wonder buckings for VSR systems due to the alignment tab on the side. In addition, the best nubs for VSR's with AA chambers and ML buckings are either the skeee or panthera nubs. The ML omega nubs have poor QC and can be a pain to align properly.

· Registered
188 Posts
What nub are you using, if any? What power level are you shooting at? How is your air seal?

Answering those questions will likely either lead you to the solution, or help us help you do it.

FYI, the autobot is generally regarded as superior to the wonder buckings for VSR systems due to the alignment tab on the side. In addition, the best nubs for VSR's with AA chambers and ML buckings are either the skeee or panthera nubs. The ML omega nubs have poor QC and can be a pain to align properly.
I'm sorry I should have mentioned those. Im using the ML nub. I'm shooting at 495 fps with a m130 aa spring. Air seal is fantastic. I'm waiting on a spring custom works trigger and piston/spring guide. Then I will be installing a m150 spring. Current aa piston and trigger are 45 degree.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 ·
495fps with an M130 is a lot. What is your inner barrel length?

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
That is a lot for an M130. Normally an M130 will produce about 430fps and especially with a 430mm barrel.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 ·
I get the feeling that in the factory, if they find a spring lying about they just chuck it in a packet and hope it is the correct size stated on the pack. Though 448fps is only 18 fps more than I said.

· Registered
105 Posts
I get the feeling that in the factory, if they find a spring lying about they just chuck it in a packet and hope it is the correct size stated on the pack. Though 448fps is only 18 fps more than I said.
I tried a m150 and that gave me 540 fps which is wayyyy to hot for what I need. The last spring I tried was a maple leaf m135 and that was 518 fps.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #676 ·
The rifles I normally make have a 100% air seal too.
If you are over hopping it could cause more fps. The VSR has a trait where the more hop you apply, the higher the fps. So you may be getting more of an ark shape trajectory compared to what other people prefer. (each to their own with this though).

661 - 676 of 676 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.