Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I am a noob here and am stressing out and in need of some good advise. I recently purchased a fully loaded JG Bar-10.. here is what I have under the hood:

internal upgrades/
-Action army zero trigger
-Action army piston (blue)
-Laylax 190 spring - downgraded to SP170
-Laylax teflon cylinder
-Laylax cylinder head
-Stock Tokyo Marui hop up chamber
-Firefly hop up bucking
-x1 anti blow by ring on the front of the bucking
-Prometheus 430mm 6.01 tightbore barrel
-Dynamat installed in every part of the gun-stock

The problem as mentioned in the above title is with my trigger box. I believe it is a clone of the PDI VSR Zero trigger. At first my problem was I have no idea how to re-assemble. I managed to get it fully assembled and somewhat functional.. here is the problem.. I can cycle the bolt, chamber a round but when I squeeze the trigger.. 9/10 nothing happens.. it takes 2-3 trigger pulls to get it to fire.. Does anyone have a nice map drawn up of 100% correct way to re-assemble? I am sure my error must be a combo of shims (or whatever those little metal rings are called in the trigger assembly) and possibly the wrong lay out of pins/posts.

Here is a video of my current problem:

This is a picture of how I have it set up interally, I added some shims to the trigger and piston sear. And the blue circle and arrow show where I re-located the spring and that is how I currently have it set up..

If anyone can help me it would be very much appreciated! I just want to snipe! I had this functioning for a while with an SP190 I dialed it in, then it started doing the whole multiple trigger squeezes to work.. I downgraded the spring.. and it was fine again.. then it started doing the multiple trigger pulls to function again.. so I tore into the trigger assembly and it took me a while to get back together and now I am at the same multiple trigger pulls to function problem.. if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Why did you mess around with the internals of the z-trig? I'm not saying it can't be made better, I'm saying it works perfectly as it is and it doesn't need shims or relocation of any springs. Try getting it back to it's original setup and try that. Also, did you file/sand the sides of the spring guide stopper when you got it? I can compare that layour to mine later when I get a chance to open mine up. And please make an intro post. Forum rules.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, the reason I opened it up was because the trigger started to not fire on the first pull like it should, so I decided to take it apart and service it.. not really knowing what I was doing but willing to accept the challenge. Anyway I have it back together it is just giving me whole sticky trigger problem, the only other thing I can think of.. aside from me setting it up incorrectly.. would be to add some lubrication? My sears seem to be in functional condition and both the springs work and I believe I have it set up correctly, it just takes a ton of force to make the trigger pull all the way. If you do open up your AA trigger I would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE a photo of the layout before you remove anything :D

ps yes the spring guide stopper has been properly sanded down

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I just opened up mine and besides having one of the black pins switched with a silver one (which shouldn't matter), all you have to do is move that spring back to where it was, on the bottom silver pin. Mine actually is lubed. I guess I lubed it with something back when I first got it, but I don't remember doing it.

Also, move the washer you have at the top left of the spring guide stopper to the bottom right. You want a washer on either side of the stopper to keep it centered. So one on the bottom of the black pin and one on top of the black pin. It may seem like there is room for the pin to fall down but once you put it all together it will stay put.

@Silentball- I have no idea what you're talking about. The AA z-trig is perfectly fine. It has lasted me and other people a long time without anything happening to it. There is nothing about it that isn't "top notch." Heck here's a review on it. Granted it is for the L96 version but it's made by the same people using the same mechanism.
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=5070

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay thank you very much I will be making those adjustments tomorrow.. So you are saying to put the spring on the pin where I have the arrow pointing? That is where I have it, the circle and arrow were my way of illustrating that I moved the spring to that pin.. lol Thank you for your input, I will be also trying to lube the bearing that touches the moving piece with the sears attached to it.. That seems to be where it would be needed, since when I pull the trigger that part that is supposed to roll over the bearing gets almost stuck until I jam on the trigger a few times.. could this be a misalignment somehow? Or would a dab of lube save the day? As you can see in my picture.. this trigger box is bone dry.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Masterjuggler98,

What I am suggesting, that two trigger groups from Action Army may not have the same spec being these are mass produced off-shore.

It should drop in and work, but it doesn't. That is an indicator tolerances are off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
MasterJuggler98,

Can you please tell me where all of your bearings are? I re-assembled it with the extra bearing on the other side of the spring guide stopper and it still is giving me the same problems.. I really am starting to think maybe something is too worn out in the main moving part to operate with ease.. that or I am not putting it back together 100% and there is unwanted tension or pressure somewhere inside of my trigger box making it not come together the correctly. please help:shrug:

UPDATE:

I added a very small amount of white lithium grease to the bearing which allows the rest of the mech to slide over it.. and viola.. I just went through an entire magazine with one trigger squeeze per shot.. I think it is fixed. But I will keep this thread up to date in a week or so with some stress testing. Thanks again for the help Masterjuggler98!

G

·
So when a new Action Trigger is purchased, it should be simply opened up and lubed?

I want to build another sniper with a 190-210spring, and have been tossing up whether to get the Action or Laylax triggers. I heard the Action triggers are clones of the Laylax ones?

I was going to start a thread about this, but thought i'd jump on this one instead.

Who is running an Action trigger at the moment and how are they holding up? Is anyone running anything higher than a 190 spring here?

I've been wanting to build a rifle to achieve the highest fps possible, not concerned about range or anything, its just something to do for fun and to see what will break, how long it will last, etc.

The 170 spring is just so easy to cycle, i thought damn i wouldn't mind a 190 in here. But the Bar10 is nearly where i want it now, and i don't want to push the 45degree sears any further for what i have is reliable. I dont know, has anyone successfully used a 190 spring with enforced 45 sears and a standard trigger box?

But yeah would love to hear if anyone has been running anything with high fps with a laylax or Action trigger?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Why would you want a 190 in the first place? No reason to aim for 600 fps...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.