Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
561 - 580 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
And I also agree that you can't just grab a sniper out of the box and expect to be Robin-Hood level accurate. If your sniper even comes with a scope (which most don't), I recommend to not use it in a match. You need an actual name-brand scope to be that accurate and you need to zero that scope to your rifle. I have a bad example from a scope that came with my first rifle from the factory. If you jiggled it around the reticle moved and the adjustion dials didn't do anything. I couldn't hit the side of a barn with that thing because of that stupid scope. I waited for months trying to find a new scope. But I finally decided on one and after zeroing, it just drove tacks.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
I have always gone with no name scopes. Work a treat.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am currently using a Vortex scope. Its nice to have a warranty on your scope and it has a very clear image.

You need a good scope to enjoy sniping. That doesn't mean it is necessary to be expensive or from a certain brand.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello guys,

you solved all my previous VSR problems. I hope you can solve my current one aswell.

I am using the AA cylinder. It has around 13mm screws in front for the cylinder head. The AA cylinderhead goes around 8mm deep into the cylinderhead. That means my piston moves across 5mm metalscrews. This ruins the sealing, makes FPS variations and damages my pistoncup. Is there a cylinder, that has shorter screws in front? On the photo you see my cylinder. The silver screws are used, the black ones are not.

I would like to use the laylax cylinderhead, because it goes only 5mm deep into the cylinder, therefore creating more airvolume. Does anyone know, how deep the cylinderscrews for the Laylax cylinder are?

Is there maybe another cylinder, that I can use for having maximum airvolume? Without using a bore-up kit, that needs a special receiver?

Thanks for your help.
Marco

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
You are meaning thread. Not screw.
If you add a rubber damper onto the cylinder head, then this should take up the area where the thread is. Meaning your piston cup does not get damaged.
You may also want to try and fill some of the thread that is not used with a 2 part epoxy or Needit or JB Weild.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the advice with the epoxy.
I will try a few different cylinder brands, to see if there is a cylidner with shorter threads. While doing that I might find a cylinder with a shorter trigger cutout and can increase my cylinder volume that way.

After that I will see if I can add the epoxy to the unused threads in a way, that the piston does seal with it.

Without the thread issue I would perfectly fit your airvolume recommencations for the 0,49g BBs. With the Sorbos in, I am lacking some air.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
Consider getting a TNT bore up cylinder or something like that. Bore up cylinders I've been testing!
In reality though, the stock cylinder has enough volume. A bigger cylinder will only make the bolt pull a little easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning fellow snipers,

would you may have a quick look on my setup to tell me if you experienced guys would change anything really important?

Well MB03 Body
ML Crazy Jet 430mm
AA Hop up Chamber
Normally used the 60° Autobot but changed to the Modify X-Range for testing (any experience here?)
Tridos TDC 2.0 with one of the supplied CNC tensioner
Synthesis Steel cylinder
Airsoftpro Nozzle
Airsoftpro Piston & Springuide
Airsoftpro 90° Triggerunit

Shoots at about 3.12J with M170 and .45gr (with the Modify Bucking / the old Autobot shot at about 3.02-3.07J, so only a slight difference)

Is there any really recommendable change to take care of to make it smoother and let's say better in any way?

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·
Looks fine to me. I would run with that rifle.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·
Possibly a shorted barrel maybe. But 430 long is fine

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
You will get the smallest of energy gain but nothing to be excited about.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I'd go for a lapping the barrel and maybe taking off 40mm with a saw a d file.
Other than that, I'd try making my SS-arm and try getting an R-hop or Maple Leaf Autobot 2021 70°-85° bucking.
Should be good as it is, but that stuff will make it a noticable amount better.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #577 ·
The maple leaf barrel has the porting system down the end though. So cutting it gets rid of that. Though there is no real proof that the porting system makes any real advantage.
Also, even though the barrel it 430mm long, since it has the port, it is more like 420mm long. So only 20mm off the recommended cylinder to barrel to bb weight ratio for 0.45gm. Not really worth worrying about.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #579 ·
I just checked some data that I have and you will only gain 0.02 joules. So don't bother.

561 - 580 of 616 Posts