Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
41 - 60 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
I wonder airleak does have any effect to acuraccy and grouping ? my vsr-10 clone got new bucking ( brand new KJW M700 bucking ) and it work pretty much better than stock ( bucking similar type in Well Mb-01/UTG ). But I notice it got airleak at end of bucking. before replace bucking, I got 450 FPS or little more. After I only got 420 FPS.

Since my gun still vsr-10 type so I just post here :D

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
An airleak will affect your accuracy and you will lose FPS. To fix the airleak try teflon tape (plumming thread tape).

·
Registered
838 Posts
An airleak will affect your accuracy and you will lose FPS. To fix the airleak try teflon tape (plumming thread tape).
look like I have to take apart my gun.

thanks for fast reply:tup:

problem solved. my fps come back again lol, not sure about accuracy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great guide 1tonne! I had a couple of questions to yall in general. 1)I have a JG Vsr10 as well. Im looking into a 6.03x550mm barrel, what brand barrel do you recommend? 2)I've purchased an EZ-lrb and Er-hop from hunterseeker. Do I install both or only one or the other? I've already done the tdc mod ;)

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I have had a few people PMing me asking about the 500-550mm barrel.
If anyone does try these length barrels, please put a comment on here at to how well it went.
I know it is a bit of a debate as to what length barrel but the more people who comment the more new snipers will be able to eveluate if it is good.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I'll be ordering a 500 or a 509 soon I'll be sure to do a stock vs the new with only swapping the barrels out. I'll post my specs as well. Anyone have recommendations for a descent chrono? Might pick one up as well to get even more specs for each
Be great to hear your outcomes of your barrel tests.
I have had 3 chrono's and the best is the Xcortech X3200

·
Registered
627 Posts
I couldn't help it, I ordered a 550 Prometheus (it fit better with the suppressor I'm getting) and a few other things XD (side arm for when I'm sniping, Kwa 93r) also picked up that chrono. Probably won't see the parts til next week but I think I'll start a build thread once it all comes in and I get time to play with it.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I couldn't help it, I ordered a 550 Prometheus (it fit better with the suppressor I'm getting) and a few other things XD (side arm for when I'm sniping, Kwa 93r) also picked up that chrono. Probably won't see the parts til next week but I think I'll start a build thread once it all comes in and I get time to play with it.
What length silencer did you get?

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
It can be a little annoying having a long gun. It does make a little differnece having a silencer but not too much

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yeah I was debating that, but if I don't like the length I'll chop it all down shorter. I just wanted a realistic looking suppressor length. And if you're referring to the noise levels, I only got it to hide the inner barrel. I wasn't really expecting it to quiet it down any. Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to post once everything gets here. In the mean time I'll start tying jute :D lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have done many of the things outlined in this guide, actually most of them, to great effect. I have installed an Angel Custom vsr-to-aeg hop chamber and installed a Prometheus 6.03 550mm barrel in my JG Bar10. I noticed a slight accuracy increase from my old Laylax 6.03 430mm barrel and a very noticeable decrease in noise from each shot. *All hail 1tonne! :bow:* The only things I have left to do are to r hop my gun, to taper the cylinder head, and possibly to install a LRB. I don't know if the LRB is compatible with a tdc mod and r hop so if someone would like to answer this it would be greatly appreciated! (I'm shooting 530-550fps with a .2g judged by the poor man's chrono) :yup:
Cheers from the U.S.!

Reactions: 1tonne

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The LRB works fantastically with the TDC an r-hop. When you say poor man's chrono, you are talking about the coke can method, right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, I was talking about the coke can chrono :). How much range increase will the LRB give me and what are the downsides? The other problem I might has is that my inner barrel extends past the outer barrel by a decent bit and is hidden by the mock suppressor (150mm) so would that make installing a LRB a problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
There really aren't any downsides I can think of off hand. How much range increase you get depends on how well you do it. That's like asking how much range you should be getting after you install x y and z parts. It all depends on how well you do it and how well you can fine tune it later. Read through the "diy one piece barrel spacer and LRB guide" in the general section. Read the comments too. That should tell you what you are looking for.

How easy it will be to do an LRB in a suppressor will depend on what's inside. If it is just a tube inside the suppressor like the outer barrel, it shouldn't be too hard. If it is a bunch of foam or a hollow space, it will be a little harder. Like I said, look through the LRB guide in the general section (it's stickied) and there are different methods people use of doing the LRB.

One more note on the LRB: if you do it, put the rear spacer at the rear 1/3 of the barrel and the front spacer at the far front. It's better to have a gradual bend rather than a sharp turn. And don't do the LRB if you have a bull or a steel barrel. After a little while they will hold their bend, unlike the thinner normal brass barrels.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is it really a problem if the barrel starts to hold it's bend? If you plan on leaving the barrel in the BASR permanently wouldn't that just guarantee little to no deviation in the bend in the barrel? I recently picked up a PDI 6.05 554mm inner barrel for my VSR-10 and have been debating trying to LRB it due to multiple people saying you cannot since it's a steel barrel. But if the only issue is that the barrel holds the bend then I am failing to see why not.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I would have thought that it would still work. I have a stainless barrel and plan to try the LRB. I just need to find the time to do it.
I will post it up on here and add it to my tutorial once I have done it.-Then my tutorial might finally be finished. Yah

·
Registered
309 Posts
That would be great! As well as how you went about doing it would be appreciated. I am honestly scared to try it myself since I won't be able to purchase a new barrel to replace it right away. But if initial results are good/promising I wouldn't mind taking the risk.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Unfortunitly I am busy for the next few months and so it will be quiet some time beofre I can do it.

41 - 60 of 616 Posts