Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
601 - 604 of 604 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #601 ·
I do really like the TTI trigger but I have not tried the cylinder. Though, preferably, I would get a bore up as you mentioned. (Not a PDI bore up)
Also, you would need a longer inner barrel to match the cylinder volume. I also like 6.00mm barrels.
Not sure on piston weight. Maybe 30-40gm
No air brake

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do really like the TTI trigger but I have not tried the cylinder. Though, preferably, I would get a bore up as you mentioned. (Not a PDI bore up)
Also, you would need a longer inner barrel to match the cylinder volume. I also like 6.00mm barrels.
Not sure on piston weight. Maybe 30-40gm
No air brake
1tonne,
1. What conclusion did you come to after your tests with the 5.98mm ID barrels? It seems you gained some muzzle energy with the 5.98 over the 6.01, have you done any additional testing?

2. I saw in another thread that you wanted to do a comparison of the TNT BU cylinder kit and the one from CZ, has that gained any traction?

3. Piston weight, an additional 30-40gm over whatever stock weight is, or 30-40gm total weight?

4. In regards to barrels, I see a few people putting AEG cut barrels into their VSRs, is there a benefit or stick with the standard VSR/GBB cut barrels?

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
1. 5.98mm barrels are about as good as the 6.00mm. I would stick with 6.00mm though as they seem to be more reliable.
2. Did not do bore up test
3. 30-40gm in total
4. No advantage between AEG and VSR Barrels. I used to use Action Army AEG barrel as they also work with VSR's

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I partially disagree with that last statement, as I think that in an AEG platform with an HPA engine you'd on average see an improvement when using an open window barrel.
This would be when using R-hop as the BB would stop sooner when being chambered violently, and would likely have a more consistent seating depth, and therefore better overall accuracy. In a gun like this both barrels have the potential to be the exact same, but you would likely have to do less when using an open window and an R-hop versus a closed window and an R-hop. You could simply use a normal bucking, but this would be if you wanted the slight FPS advantages of a larger contact patch.

This is likely why GBBs and GBBRs have open windows, or at least part of the reason I think is safe to say.

601 - 604 of 604 Posts