Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Any of you guys run AEG sidearms along with your main sniper rifle? I've got a full sized HK416 and an SSG10 for that extra reach at 3.8 joules. However MED is 30 meters for the BASR and the HK is rather big and bulky. Weight isn't as much of an issue but I have no idea how to keep reasonable mobility with both guns on me. So I normally run either or.

I have a really crappy GBB M9 from way back but it shoots quite poorly and especially now in the colder temperatures it stops working after 3 shots or so. So I've been looking in to using a small AEG of some sort, like a replica of MP5K or one of those Amoeba CCP M4.

Does anyone have experience running those alongside a BASR? How do you carry them?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I don't have any experience with one, but I was curious, so I put a sling on my M4 and ran around with my VSR-10.
It felt terrible, I prefer pistols lol.
I would suggest something small, like a G18C from CYMA or Tokyo Marui, just something compact and light weight.
Other than that, I feel that everything else is too big or too heavy to use.

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
I run a few different AEGs along side my bolt action. Depending on what your playstyle is, and the games you prefer, there are a few ways to work it.

GBB pistols are an obvious choice, but you are looking for a different approach. I have a CCP, P90, and numerous pistols. I generally pack either the p90 or CCP now. The trouble I get into requires something more then a pistol.

The biggest drawback to carrying a CCP or P90 (or whatever short compact weapon of your choice) is actually carrying the thing and still have it be useful in a somewhat quick fashion. All of my slings for long rifles are Mission Spec M2P slings. (I am sure there are similar slings, but those are my choice.) I have the P90 or CCP one-point connected to my rig, (usually an sso smersh, or my old FullClip rig) and "attached" to me via one of these.

https://www.airsoftmegastore.com/14514-uk-arms-precision-weapon-link-for-belt-tan-AC-513T

https://www.airsoftmegastore.com/14516-uk-arms-precision-weapon-link-for-webbing-dark-earth-AC-512T

Reactions: DJsnipe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run a few different AEGs along side my bolt action. Depending on what your playstyle is, and the games you prefer, there are a few ways to work it.

GBB pistols are an obvious choice, but you are looking for a different approach. I have a CCP, P90, and numerous pistols. I generally pack either the p90 or CCP now. The trouble I get into requires something more then a pistol.

The biggest drawback to carrying a CCP or P90 (or whatever short compact weapon of your choice) is actually carrying the thing and still have it be useful in a somewhat quick fashion. All of my slings for long rifles are Mission Spec M2P slings. (I am sure there are similar slings, but those are my choice.) I have the P90 or CCP one-point connected to my rig, (usually an sso smersh, or my old FullClip rig) and "attached" to me via one of these.

https://www.airsoftmegastore.com/14514-uk-arms-precision-weapon-link-for-belt-tan-AC-513T

https://www.airsoftmegastore.com/14516-uk-arms-precision-weapon-link-for-webbing-dark-earth-AC-512T
Yup, carrying the damn thing is the challenge. I do get in to plenty of trouble and an AEG would be perfect in many situations. Last time I was in a game my ssg10 got hit like 4 or 5 times during the day. Which was funny on it's own but when the gun gets hit you can't use it anymore. So it's either sidearm or walk to the spawn.

I currently run a 1 point sling attached to my plate carrier but the longer AEG tends to dangle between the legs, can't really run with it. Maybe that wouldn't be a problem with a shorter gun... pistols just seem so unreliable to me, maybe I just haven't used a good one yet.

I will look in to those links though, thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have owned both an Ares Amoeba CCP (the second posted) and the CCC (https://www.evike.com/products/46545/).

I personally prefer the CCC since it has a charging handle and folding stock.

As an AEG, they are decent enough for the ranges you would need a sidearm for. Certainly they will outperform an AEP or GBBP with minor tuning while also having a higher capacity magazine. Do keep in mind that the Amoeba uses an e-gearbox with a magnet embedded in the sector gear, so gear changes can be a bit tricky (but far from impossible).

My CCC currently has a P* FE in it, so it's a slightly different beast.

My current AEG 'sidearm' is a P90 and tuned to the TCA SMG class. The first one worked out so well that when my son got in to sniping I just handed my rig down to him and built a second.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have owned both an Ares Amoeba CCP (the second posted) and the CCC (https://www.evike.com/products/46545/).

I personally prefer the CCC since it has a charging handle and folding stock.

As an AEG, they are decent enough for the ranges you would need a sidearm for. Certainly they will outperform an AEP or GBBP with minor tuning while also having a higher capacity magazine. Do keep in mind that the Amoeba uses an e-gearbox with a magnet embedded in the sector gear, so gear changes can be a bit tricky (but far from impossible).

My CCC currently has a P* FE in it, so it's a slightly different beast.

My current AEG 'sidearm' is a P90 and tuned to the TCA SMG class. The first one worked out so well that when my son got in to sniping I just handed my rig down to him and built a second.
Nice! How do you carry it along side the BASR? Does it hang on a sling or you have a holster of some sort?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I use my M27 which has loads of upgrades including a gate titan, my local is semi only unless it’s a recognized support weapon as the M27 is, it is very satisfying when the opposing team see me and think bolt action, single shot and then I let them get about 50 ft away and pop up a do a few shorts burst and the surprise team leg it for cover.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have you considered running the short sidearm with just a carabiner or a modified short sling (like 10 cm) so it minimizes the dangling? You could hang it off your belt or somewhere from a chest rig if you have a good one.The sniper rifle would go on the back imo, or just leave it on the ground if you intend to come back after a short assault.
Maybe even use some sort of 3D printed hip/leg holster if it is something small. The challenge I think would come if it is something longer.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Nice! How do you carry it along side the BASR? Does it hang on a sling or you have a holster of some sort?
I run a fairly heavy set up compared to most, using both a JPC and a connected battle belt. It runs 40mm shells across my chest, VSR mags in front at my waist, double stack M4 pouches around both sides with a dump pouch in back.

I have a piece of 1" webbing that connects mid-back and runs through my shoulder pad with a quick release buckle on front. On both P90's and the Amoeba CCC I have mounted corresponding female buckle. Whatever I have attached hangs under my right arm and nestled between the M4 pouches mounted on the battle belt.

Moving fast, I keep my BASR slung cross chest with my sidearm in hand. Sniping I can detach the sidearm if I'm in a good spot. If I need to kick in doors, I abandon my BASR somewhere.

Pics of the rig with both a P90 and the CCC attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been running a g&g firehawk as a sidearm last couple of games but i find it very annoying having it swinging about on a sling! It keeps getting mud in the barrel as well so it isn't very practical in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
@marsaz

Any specific reason you want to sidearm an AEG?
Like many have said so far, small compact AEGs might work...but the typical M4 platform may be a bit much

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would focus on weight and ease of movement. I just traded my Mp7 for an SRS and even that one would be a big sidearm. Especially since I get on the field to shoot my Srs. I’m currently running an old ‘M93R - but still, thats 1.2 kg strapped to my leg, that I’m trying not to use.

If I need a change of pace and run around spraying bbs like a madman. I’ve got an M41A pulse rifle in reserve, so I can switch between games.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I think that for a sidearm the SSX23 is probably the best, save for a Tokyo Marui G18C, Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, or SSE-18 as they are all quite light, and the Capa and 18C have aluminum mags available for even more weight saving.

Or be like Corriander and carry a 40Mike or a few and blast some enemies off the field

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Side arm need to be light. So one of those Ares are good. My kids use a slightly different model but they are great.
With a pistol, I would go for either a MK23 or KJ Works MK1 with a silencer added. These are really quiet but another advantage that a lot of people do not think about is that they have such good gas consumption, that you do not need to carry gas. If you carry 2 spare mags and a speed loader, then you have about 120-200 rounds without filling up on gas. So no bulky gas. Just 2 spare mags. Works a treat.
My pick of these 2 pistols is the Mk1. It is way lighter and more compact.

·
Registered
96 Posts
are there any smg (like mp7) that can be put into a quick draw holster? That way you have to bolt action for those further away and if they come closer you have the mp7 to send them back. I dont worry about the weight to much, as long as it is well secured and mounted on the chest.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts