Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a shoot out either review or video comparing 250ft + distance shoot between a AEG DMR and a springer sniper hit rate?

I am trying to confirm some facts of the multi shot capability of a AEG DMR, and can a springer sniper beat it out if one side of a team was equipped with a springer and the opposite team had a AEG DMR.

This is assuming that both rifles are shooting at its best and a good marksman behind each one.

·
Registered
398 Posts
if both rifles are optimized, and shooters are equal, then AEG is better. The biggest limitation on Airsoft range and accuracy is the fact we are using spherical projectiles. the Springer might have a range advantage due to most fields giving an FPS advantage to BASR's.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Not to sure if this will help you out, but from what I read this is the closest I could find. Its from redwolf airsoft and they are testing out the accuracy of their so called "top three snipers." It has the gas l96, aeg svd, and the aeg barret m82 hope this helps.

·
Registered
951 Posts
It all depends on what the setups are. Seeing as a BASR makes much less noise, but has less firepower, and a DMR has more noise, but more firepower, Its what you look for.

In a shoot out, it would depend on the strategies used. a BASR would be better for stealth, and a DMR more for an assault/support.

This all assuming that the DMR and the BASR are on the same FPS and upgrades.

IMHO.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I happen to have a teammate who uses the Snow Wolf M82... thing is HUGE. so make sure you have the strength to haul that thing around. Also, the mags are huge.

Basically, it really hinders you in movement, weight and carrying capacity.

but damn, does that thing look awesome.

·
Registered
951 Posts
All AR10/SR25 models, also known as Extended V2 gearbox. Using special spring guides, pistons and sector gears. (Am not quite sure about the cylinder)

Also, the old Action Army L85 also used the extended gearbox.

·
Registered
398 Posts
honestly, given your questions, it seems like you are wanting a more accurate, longer ranged AEG then most people who are running stock gear. Given that, i would think you want to buy something cheap, and do some cheap simple mods to it, like an r-hop and barrel lockdown kit from HS5. those two mods alone will give you more range and better accuracy then any stock AEG or BASR. and do it for less then $50.

also, it is most SR-25's that use the elongated V2 boxes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not all SR-25s have V2.5s. The JG (and Echo 1) and G&G either have longer nozzles, or longer cylinder heads, and still use standard pistons and gears.

But on topic, given that both guns are tuned properly, the DMR will have the clear advantage. Depending on your trigger finger, ~10rps will GREATLY over shadow the 1 or 2 rps that a BASR will have, even if that much. I'll also point out that a properly tuned AEG is not much louder than a BASR, almost making it a moot point. Generally speaking, you don't fire within 20ft of the enemy, aiming at another enemy 100ft away.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had a chance to hold a RS SVD, does this thing have real steel outer barrel is it just heavy alum? Real wood as well?

Also is it just an ordinary V2 gear box in it.

It is a pricey rifle but I need to justify.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The T3 gearbox is mostly proprietary. You can't install new parts without more than normal modification. That said, RS does sell replacement parts for their gearbox, if you break something. For field Legal fps limits, it will be fine with just a spring change. However, AoE still needs correcting, and the shimming should at least be checked.

The hop up will not support an ER-hop without cutting the outer barrel and installing a TDC mod. The stock up is good for a regular R-hop, as it acts as a TDC in a smaller scale.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The T3 gearbox is mostly proprietary. You can't install new parts without more than normal modification. That said, RS does sell replacement parts for their gearbox, if you break something. For field Legal fps limits, it will be fine with just a spring change. However, AoE still needs correcting, and the shimming should at least be checked.

The hop up will not support an ER-hop without cutting the outer barrel and installing a TDC mod. The stock up is good for a regular R-hop, as it acts as a TDC in a smaller scale.
Does anyone make upgrades for the T3 gear box. ... or does it need any upgrading at all?

RS SVD has good reviews and I have seen enough people using it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.