Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as my other thread has stated.... I have received my Ares Wa2000.

So I took some time today and did some figuring with her, and got her all taken down. Was able to get the cylinder out and everything measured and written down. With some figuring with the original cylinder was able to get some things turned and made up.

I cut down some delrin and had some fun on the lathe.

So I figured I would take some pics of the parts that were made, and how they turned out. I am not sure if I am going to keep the delrin for the piston, or if I am going to get some aluminum and go that route.

Though I must say that it does slide inside the cylinder very VERY well. I may try and make a hybrid of the two and see what happens, or use an old barrel or something for the air shaft.

But here are the pics of the piston as well as my lathe, and work bench.

·
Banned
215 Posts
You should be screamed at for leaving that chuck key in ;)

Guess it's not so dangerous on a little bitty lathe, but still a bad habit to ever have that key in without your hand resting on it.

That delrin is certainly some fun stuff to turn on the lathe though with as easy as it cuts.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the lathe is off, so no harm done

In my old car there was a dent in the side from a chuck key
My 9x20 JET lathe was out in my garage, and I turned her on with the key still in her..... and yeah I about pooped myself!

It is a blast to cut, as it cuts just like butter! Though all the little strands really get everywhere.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Link to that lathe? Having a small one to toy around with would be fun. And the 7"x10" means the max size of the stock could be 7" in diameter and 10" long correct?

Also, I say you should build an HPA WA2K, it would be a first!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey man, your lathe is just like mine. It makes a huge mess! Nice job with the delrin, I bet its easier than cutting butter with a hot knife. There are a ton of cool goodies you can get for those things. I have been thinking of getting a magnetic digital indicator, center drills and chucking reamers.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Mgunner said:
Also, I say you should build an HPA WA2K, it would be a first!
Not quite xD

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the Asahi was able to do both....

This one will be the first Ares WA2000 that can run on HPA or Co2 ;)

Just go to harbor freight for the lathe, and some fun little bits of tooling as well.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Mgunner said:
Wonko The Sane said:
Not quite xD
Well, personally. xD

The Ashai was HPA with an internal tank wasn't it? Durrrrrrrrr. ::)

Anyhow, I think it would be the first WA2K with EXTERNAL HPA.

Smartass
I ran my Asahi WA2k DX on propane, green gas, 134a, HPA, Nitrogen, and Co2...

Careful who you call a smartass, you might be remembered as a dumbass.

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
Really looking forward woogie, nice start and love the lathe.
I'm trying to figure out how can I change the mag location, I hate it like this!!
As I've said and of course I will repeat it MANY times so there's no mistakes " count me in "!!

The DX version of the Asahi has an internal gas tank(not so good) that you can use green, red gas, propane and anything you like and if you want can use an external rig(recommended).

Wolf

·
Registered
361 Posts
My advise for storing the rig would be to have the bottle on your back (depending on the bottle you could either put it in a backpack of some sort, or the CountyComm Hydrant pouch. If you go with a dual reg setup, a frag pouch should hold the secondary reg.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah that is what I was planning on. I just about always wear a hydration pack anyway. And was going to see about keeping as much as I can inside the rifle.

I will be able to get more of her done here today. So that is going to be a fun thing

Nothing can go under the hand guard, as that is where the mag tube is held ;)

And I have to say..... clear your weapon before you work on them. Stupid me cocked the rifle to test the compression, thought it was empty........ and yeah shot myself in the finger. I said some not to sunday school friends words

·
Registered
361 Posts
lol... Because my BAR doesn't empty its mags completely (1 round is always left) When I went to cock it to test trigger pull I think I turned it sideways, that bb fell into the chamber. Let's just say I'm very happy I was aiming at carpet. Rule 1 always saves you if you fail on rules 2 or 3.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.