Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just decided to throw this up. I'm considering getting a new sidearm.:nuts: At the moment I'm thinking of getting an ASG MK23 Socom(green gas). However I also saw an electric ASG glock18 for sale. I asked a few people who had the glock about it and they all said it was actually decent enough. This got me thinking because I had always considered electric pistols to be cheap, unreliable and that they would easily break.:lame:The two pistols are in the same price range and so I must admit I'm interested. If any of you guys know anything about either of the two pistols, especially the glock, I'd love to hear about it. Many thanks.:tup:

·
Registered
951 Posts
The glock would presumably be a Cyma rebranded to ASG. It is based off of the TM AEP and it IS upgradable! (with the right amount of effort)
These will not fail you as hard during cold games, but range and accuracy can be a problem.

A Cyma pistol shouldnt set you back more than 90 bucks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the battery and charger thing is okay for me I'm more wondering how well an AEP would hold up in comparison to a gas gun. I hear the glock shoots at about 0.5 joules. Given our limit is 1 joule that's not bad for a sidearm. For me an AEP would probably be more practical aswell because I can't really afford to keep buying gas. Have any of you guys ever used the Glock? I know the MK23 is a very good gun so I'd love to get a comparison.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the TM GLOCK18C over two years, is my main gun.

Loses in realism, but gains in accuracy.
* Works with any temperature, is silent in comparable to a gas, the magazines, is not taking up space.

A comparison I made in a game against a CYMA CLOCK 18C is that the CYMA though slightly stronger in the fps, did not make the same shot in accuracy as the TM, and are a little more noisy.

It is the only pistol that I use for hours in games, even as a main weapon.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I had Tm glock 18c but kinda hated it. Not that it would have broken, no, it didn't. But it was so low power that I couldn't stand it. I actually had situations where I ambushed guy from about 10m and started shooting at him. He still managed to dive and avoid being hit.

But if you must have always secondary, then this might be good choice since it will never let you down, even at winters. Just make sure you have anough batterys for it... or use lipo.

·
Registered
951 Posts
There ARE mods out there to mod the glocks to lipo. I actually have some lipo's laying around here somewhere for them. hobbyking.com has a good lipo reputation, and specifies the sizing you need for the lipo!

The only thing is, you need to re-wire the pistol to fit deans plugs.

It does increase rate of fire quite a bit. Also, there are plenty of upgrade tuts for the TM Glocks.

Oh and also, the springs supposedly have the same diameter as bolty springs! so there's still some use for old springs :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do any of you find that ABS plastic pistols are bad i.e prone to breaking? The MK23 is originally made by Tokyo Marui and it's supposed to have very strong build plastic. It's also non-blowback so there's no risk of the slide blowing off.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I had my TM Desert Eagle handling Green gas with no problems. TM used an internal metal frame for the slide to be more durable.

TM also does not suggest green gas btw. (Most people experience that they CAN handle it)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah thanks Killer, Mk23 also has metal internals but IS recommended for green gas. It should be fine. I also tried out the glock recently and I found they just don't agree with me. I'm gonna leave this up though because I may change my mind.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've found a few rumours going around (Ugh! I know..) that if you put a Lipo and a cut VSR spring in a AEP Glock you can up the FPS. What do you think? I have my doubts.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've found a few rumours going around (Ugh! I know..) that if you put a Lipo and a cut VSR spring in a AEP Glock you can up the FPS. What do you think? I have my doubts.
Probably true, but I wouldn't try it. If it breaks then there aren't too many replacement parts. Plus, the stock TM AEP's are great even though they are low in FPS, they still reach out to a respectable distance for a sidearm. If you want more FPS, get a gas pistol.

·
Registered
212 Posts
We have a LOT of AEP users on ASR, surprisingly. There's some really incredibly legit builds on there, lots of lovers of the Cyma CM030.

I personally only like pistols that have blowback, so I wouldn't exactly go for anything unless it's an EBBP, which are practically nonexistant, and the ones that exist suck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've heard MK 23's are very hard to fit in holsters but I'm not sure. Also, the G18 AEP does seem to have a very respectable range for a sidearm but the gas seems to just pack more of a punch. I've seen that the MK 23 with the silencer can hit close to the same range as an m4.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Cyma G18C has lasted well over 2 years, used almost every weekend. I upgraded the power with a nineball spring, very different from a VSR spring. I followed the eagle6 video on youtube and fitted a lipo battery, took a couple of hours and it works great. Best value for money gun I've got.

Coldy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.