First Factory Teflon cylinder
First Factory Aero chamber
First Factory cylinder, piston, piston head, spring guide, and spring
First Factory Fluted Barrel
First Factory light weight teflon coated reciever
Systema Tight bore barrel
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=215496
So y'all can see it^^
Alright, well the power is fine, but the consistency downrange isn't. I get a perfect shot that is level and straight every once in a while, but otherwise they either over-hop, under hop, or go way left or right(without me touching the adjustment). Internally everything is fine but a few minor scratches in the barrel. I checked the compression of the cylinder, its at 100%, there is a good amount of compression from the end of the barrel(leaks between the cylinder nozzle and bucking, the outer inner barrel around the bucking is PTFE taped). I am using the stock bucking that came with it, and the stock nubbin. I was using another bucking that looked EXACTLY the same,but had a small white tear looking thing on the part that touches the BB, so i switched them. Should I get a new bucking? Or could the scratches in the barrel be the culprit? Or both?

Scar

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Really it could be anything from the bucking, to chamber, to barrel. If you have the stock barrel (I believe you can use the stock barrels in the PSS2 chamber), I would go ahead and swap that in and see if results improve. If it's still doing the same thing, I would start with replacing the bucking, then as a last case I would get a PDI chamber.

I've heard of a lot of people having problems with the PSS2 chambers, and I myself received one in a used APS I used to have that was complete trash. Honestly though, all of the things I mentioned could be contributing factors. I hope not for your sake, but it is very possible.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a systema TB. Everything on the Hopup unit itself is fine, i have inspected it and nothing was wrong, almost brand new looking. The only thing i have seen worth mentioning is that the hopup arm has a tiny, tiny bit of play(left to right). I have several nubbin for it, i am using a hard clear round one that fills up the entire nubbin slot so that i know it is seated properly. I tried swapping for an H-nub and the results got worse, so i swapped it back. I had little shooting light left after i swapped the bucking again(ihhave two of the same, on in better condition but more used), so i will test it tomorrow morning.

If that doesn't work, what buckings do you suggest? I know Livonia uses a Guarder Soft bucking and recommends it for the PDI.

Also, it is not shooting 500 FPS with a .29 as it says on the link, it now has a weaker spring and is shooting 545 with a .20 in case FPS has anything to do with the bucking problem(don't know how, but in case there was)

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
scar527 said:
It has a systema TB. Everything on the Hopup unit itself is fine, i have inspected it and nothing was wrong, almost brand new looking. The only thing i have seen worth mentioning is that the hopup arm has a tiny, tiny bit of play(left to right). I have several nubbin for it, i am using a hard clear round one that fills up the entire nubbin slot so that i know it is seated properly. I tried swapping for an H-nub and the results got worse, so i swapped it back. I had little shooting light left after i swapped the bucking again(ihhave two of the same, on in better condition but more used), so i will test it tomorrow morning.

If that doesn't work, what buckings do you suggest? I know Livonia uses a Guarder Soft bucking and recommends it for the PDI.

Also, it is not shooting 500 FPS with a .29 as it says on the link, it now has a weaker spring and is shooting 545 with a .20 in case FPS has anything to do with the bucking problem(don't know how, but in case there was)
I'll reread again and hopefully offer some more insight tomorrow when I'm not so tired. But, I've used Systema soft buckings in all of my bolt actions. There are pro's and con's to both, mainly that the soft bucking needs to be replaced several times a year at the cost of better consistency/accuracy, a hard bucking will last longer at the cost of consistency and accuracy.

I never personally like the Guarder soft buckings, ever since my first AEG I've had issues with them, their hard buckings on the other had I love in higher powered AEGs. I usually stick to stock TM buckings or Systema buckings myself.

The only buckings I'd say to steer away from for sure is Prometheus buckings. Every gun I've put them in or every gun I've repaired (I repair both team guns and other local guns in the area from time to time) that have problems, the culprit about 85% of the time has been the Prometheus buckings.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Scar, watch your "I"s. Makes it easier to read. Thank you.

To contribute to the thread on what Dutton said, I too, do not like guarder soft buckings. Out of all the soft buckings I have used, they have worn down the fastest, and rip extremely easy. My other soft buckings have held up much longer. In addition, prommy buckings are a waste of cash. They are almost triple the price of some buckings, and do not perform any better. I would definitely suggest not using them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the I's, trying to watch them.

So what type of bucking would you recommend. I have tried the other bucking I have,(same type but used more, however nothing apparently wrong with the rubber bar that contacts the BB) and I got slightly better, but still relatively inconsistent results. Less left to right movement, but once every 4-8 shots I'll get one that drops as if no hop is on, sometimes a bit too much hop, and some laser straight and perfect. Sound like a Hop problem or a barrel issue? Should I just replace both?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I don't know a lot about all this stuff yet, but it might be the bb's you use.

If you use cheap bb's, they are inconsistent and have small dents in them, that combined with your scratched barrel might be the problem?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I really like my G&P soft bucking. Have not had a problem with it yet.

Also, make sure the nubbin is aligned properly not only in the hop up chamber, but in the barrel as well. I had a problem with my chamber rotating slightly to the right, which turned the nubbin as well, applying more pressure on the right side of the bb. This caused for inconsistent shots. The rotation of the hop up chamber came from when I tried to turn the inner barrel/hop up chamber to align up correctly in the outer barrel. Turns out the hop up chamber was moving, but the inner barrel wasn't.

Just a thought I had and thought I would share it with you. However, it could still be the bucking that's causing the inconsistency.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Fuzzy, I will check that if my next attempt doesn't work.

I believe the root of the problem may be the real steel stock fitted to the gun that is causing problems. I noticed the gun moving when I was racking the Bolt, so I put it back in the original and made sure nothing was moving when I shook it.Also, just re-checked both the barrel and rubber and they appear to be fine, so I will test tomorrow when there is light outside. Let's hope this works.

Scar

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I thought I would like to throw my two cents in here. I have a Maruzen but I re-did all the internals with some very nice PDI parts. I had the same problem you have, and I still do now and then. I have a massive 380% spring in my gun and I get those inconsistent shots. For me, the power of my gun is its own downfall. When inconsistent shots start coming up, it means that I have to clean and lube the cylinder. I don't want to lecture anyone on proper gun maintenance but now and then clean your gun and bbs can make a world of change. For me, I stick with hard prommy buckings which handle the power of my gun quite well.

Hopes this helps and good luck with your gun.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you I'll give that a try! I switched the gun back to the original stock, and got an increase in performance, but I still don't have the consistency I want. Is it okay to lube a Teflon cylinder? I checked out the inside of it and it was bone dry... Don't know if that is supposed to be like that though.

EDIT: Lubed the cylinder with silicone spray, let it sit for a while(to evaporate the excess), and I am now getting worse results than before. What should I use to lube the cylinder?

Edit2: I have now cleaned the cylinder and cleaned the barrel, and have noticed that the after market outer barrel is not really secured by anything, and there is a fair bit of wobble even when screwed completely in. I have temporarily fixed this with duct tape, but does anyone know of any other methods?

Also, the hop is still somewhat inconsistent, but more so that in immediately after I adjust it, it seems that shots go everywhere for a bout 10-15 shots, then just vary up and down(vertically), then settle for a few shots, then start to drop. Should I just sell this? It is giving me nothing but problems, and I have tried everything I can think of shot of buying a new hop up rubber(although the one in it seems fine). Some of the screws continually come loose, and are nearly stripped.

Edit3: I swapped back to the original outer barrel, and there is far less wobble and my performance is nothing short of outstanding for the time being. However, the outer barrel is the SV version so I will need to but a suppressor to cover the inner barrel. The outer barrel already has threads but how can I check if they are + or - threads?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.