Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find anywhere that really tells me what after market parts do on snipers. I have heard of "Zero Triggers" and I sort of understand what a hop up is. I am new to sniping in air soft and I have little knowledge of internals. Can anyone explain this to me.
I use a Bar-10 JG Full Metal BAR 10 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle Airsoft Gun ( BLK /
Some of you may think these are stupid question but I can't find a resource to get this information from. Also this could really help out newbies such as myself in the future!

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

So I am going to call you out right now. You are not new to sniping, you are new to Airsoft. That much is clearly obvious from your post. Might as well come clean now before you embarrass yourself later.

To answer your questions, aftermarket parts are designed to improve performance of your rifle. The hop up is a major factor in the Range equation as well as Accuracy. Zero Triggers are triggers that have a low trigger pull force.

Loads of information in the VSR section, which is what the bar-10 is.

Also you should make an intro post in the New Members section.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
If you "sort of" understand what a hopup is then the previous poster is right and you're not new to sniping but to airsoft in general.

Furthermore, I'd suggest you do a little reading, because there is a lot of information out there. Making a post on a forum and expecting all the answers to be presented to you would be a little too easy. Do your homework, ask questions when you can't find the answer yourself. By the look of it I doubt you've even done a google search.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do airsoft probably once or twice every 4 months. We all head to one of our houses and play (we live in the hill country of Texas and all have a decent amount of land (2-20 acres)). So while I'm not a total begginer there is so much that I can learn, so yes I have played airsoft but not as much as you seasoned players(I am starting to play more airsoft and I'm going to move on to public matches eventually). You could have easily directed me to the vsr section(which you did so thank you) and been more nice about it. So while I'm not a freshie to airsoft I am very new to sniping in it. Also yes, I have done google searches and have come up with ton of part lists, which is better posts, etc. Never anything to actually tell u what to do. I also did not look in the vsr section because I did not know it was under one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
When it comes to tech work, you are a beginner. That's not an issue, we all were. I suggest you read up on the workings of a sniper rifle and particularly the hopup before you start doing any upgrades.

From what I've heard, BAR-10s perform surprisingly well in stock configuration, so your primary focus should be durability, as that is their weakest point. Replacing the trigger sears or the entire trigger unit will go a long way. Also making some barrel spacers out of electrical tape and proper cleaning of your barrel could go a long way.

There's a million mods for sniper rifles, don't get all caught up in it. Especially if you only play 6 games a year, you should really consider if it is worth sinking a lot of money in a sniper.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I preder masking tape over E-tape since E-tape will deform in short time ( trust me, I got that problem ) Masking tape will hold still much better.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
Being a Texas resident myself, I know quite a bit about the local scene especially the Hill Country. Being a bar10 owner, I know a bit on those as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts