Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Aftermath_Dragunov_Airsoft_Sniper_Rifle_Black/2436

while randomly browsing. :) However, further research only lead me to Booligan's review, which is here.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/reviews/sh....-rifle&cat=10 1

The main things that caught my eye were the super easy hopup adjustment, and the SVD-Sness. (Don't worry, if I ever purchase one I'll sand off the hideous trades and repaint) However, Booligan's review didn't answer many of my questions and he seemed unsure if the trigger sear/mech was compatible with the A&K. Since I own a first generation A&K, I know that the primary craftsmanship was sub-par and far from a sniper rifle's requirements. :-/ Stuck at a dead end, I decided to hit this great forum up once again. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle?

Specifically I want to know if I can actually get to the hopup unit this time. On my A&K it was as if the factory cemented it to the receiver.
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/> Booligan also says that the "outer assembly" is pinned and glued, so I am really unsure. Has anyone ever tried to get into the guts of the rifle?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't know what the dude in the airsoft retreat review was talking about when he said
"This makes adjustment very easy, as you don't have to pull the whole bolt cover off to tweak the hop-up".
You don't need to remove anything to adjust the hop, you just cock the gun (to make it easier to hold the bolt back), slide the bolt back and adjust the hex screw.
*Edit
The SVD-S is pretty much an exact copy of the A&K (going by the pics). You are going to have the same issues you had with your SVD.
I can add a hop removal guide to my A&K SVD thread in the "Others" section if you need it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the A&K, you have to remove the dust cover to adjust the hop up. On the Aftermath, there is a wheel, so removing the dust cover isn't necessary. And who knows? I might make it into an SVU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.