Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Mosin is working on making his airsoft magazine but I've been working on this thing for a while now. I wasn't going to advertise it really until I had posted more of the articles I have, but I'm updating it regularly enough so...shrug.

I was going to write a book, but whatever, it's on the internet now.

I know the title is lame. I couldn't think of anything clever when I made the site/blog aside from "Basics for the Modern Hitman" but I chose to avoid the lawsuits...

I will be hooking up Mosin with some articles for his dealie once I do some pictures for one. It'll probably won't be the first issue, but maybe it will. I dunno. We'll see how he's coming along on it and how professional it looks.

Oh, right, the link.
http://airsoftcommando.wordpress.com

***UPDATE***

A new article is up, "Fundamentals of Marksmanship".

I have been having some very promising correspondence with Evike.com about being sponsored for some gear. The deal we have is that I give away, free to the winner/receiver/etc., anything that they send me to play with.

This website is not aimed at the gear queers who care about FPS and tightbores and all that razzmatazz. All the tricked out weaponry in the world won't help you if you haven't any skills.

So hopefully Evike.com's goody box has some things I can discuss more than review. The person I give it too can do the review.

So tell your friends. Airsoft Commando teaches you to perform better and Evike gives you free stuff!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, I know this is a doublepost, but the forums is pretty much dead anyway so...and I wanted the bump so people would think to check the thread.

Evike.com said they've shipped me an AGM Type 96. I am not keeping this, but playing with it for 30 days and then giving it way to a lucky winner. Awesome.

And Mosin's gone now so...who are the moderators that are left?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the support.

I received the rifle from Evike.com on Monday. It's a TM G-spec with a L96 stock.

New article called "Snipers, Designated Marksmen, and Sharpshooters".

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This new article is called "Bolt Throwing" and is even a video lesson!

Leave a comment (with your email address, only I see it) and I'll add you to the subscribers list so you can get an email from me when it's updated...or just keep reading these shameless bumps!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
lol nothing wrong with shamless bumps
i have been reading the site for a while now and i still haven't regestered

say there is a big game coming up in the Fargo area on June 21..... if ya wanna come ... we are recreating the landings at Normandy

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It isn't necessary to register for any accounts to leave comments. You can put any info in the boxes and it will post. That sign in feature is mostly because it's technically a blog and bloggers love leaving comments for each other. If you have an account, you automatically fill in the info and just leave comments.

Anyone can leave a comment without an account though.

I'll have to check my schedule for that game. It has piqued my interest for sure. However, it's super close to when I'm supposed to move to NJ and I doubt I'll have time to take a trip out there. I'll be missing a lot of stuff this summer I could make because of my wedding and my move.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
lol yeah a weading will do that to you ... i had to get mine figured out before i was deployed.. and man was that a nightmare.

But hey for some reason i can't post anything on the site?? it keeps coming up as i am "posting to fast slow down". And that was posting on the main page and then on the sight alignment. Dunno if it is something on my side or what, but i have stuff i wanna add and i can't (tear face)

But i love the site .. really fun to jump around on it and see what is going on
And if you wanna come let me know, or you can go to the website if you want. I will pm you that if you are interested in it. But tell your soon to be wife that this is like your "airsoft batchlor party" and tell her that she will like it .... because no strippers:p though that is not to say a naked person wont be running around the field

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The game is actually after our wedding and honeymoon. We're only back for about two weeks before we drive off in the U-haul. I'm sure those weekends will be filled with lots of saying good-bye to people and sex. I'm not really that upset about missing out!

That said, I finished the "review" of the rifle Evike sent. Here's an easy link.
http://airsoftcommando.wordpress.com/2008/04/15/agm-type-96/

I have no idea why you aren't allowed to comment. Are you filling in all the boxes? The wordpress community is sort of "free-spirited". It's sort of an open sourced project so the "help" files and normal "you did it wrong" messages are laced with nerdy smart-ass-ness.

I'm no genius about it either, so you know as much about it as me most likely.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
lol hey i hear you man .... i got married to my wonderful wife ... and two weeks later i was shipped of to my MOB station... then off to iraq. I have been married for, comming up on a year on May 18 and i have only seen my wife i think four weeks of that year:p

So yeah stay home and have as much sex... and ... that other stuff....

I will try again tomorrow after i come back from mission .. but i don't know what it was about it. But i kept getting that i was posting to quick:p I wanna post as much as i can so i can win that rifle for my buddy, who is getting rid of his paintball stuff to play airsoft..
:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Posting comments isn't how you win the rifle, but it was something I had considered. The route I'm going to go for the contest now is for people to submit a TEWT.

I'll give you a scenario and a location with Google:Earth. I'll give the mission, the guidelines, considerations, etc. and then you have two weeks to write up exactly how you would do the mission, from receiving the order, to debrief at the end, including plan A and plan B and all that jazz.

This will allow me to reward someone who has a sniper mindset, and I'll be able to tell from their submission if they would be good as a sniper or not. I don't care to reward people for being lucky, but rewards for being good are another thing altogether.

It will also be a learning experience and lesson for others as well. I'll post the winning submission and also critique it so people can see how to plan missions and what to do in specific situations.

And just having the best done submission won't necessarily make you the winner. No bias, but people like Mosin, or Livonia don't need to win a free $100 gun because they're already in this world. It'll be a balance between someone who's obviously fresh and getting into the sniper role, but also indicates with their submission that they'd do well at it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hahah, thanks for the flattery, USMC Scout/Sniper.

I like that idea though, I'd like to submit one myself, just for shits and giggles. Unless you feel like giving it to me so I can see what it would do from being dropped off of a 10 story building, or if I threw a chain of fireworks in it. Or just used it during shitty little springer games, hahah.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Whoa there, killer. I wasn't saying you were awesome, I've never even seen you perform. So far all I know is that you talk a good game!

What I was saying was that someone LIKE you two, who already is into airsoft sniping, doesn't need to be winning free sniper crap. You already have it. Let's hook up someone so we can grow the sport was all I was trying to say.

Additionally, I just a UPS notification from Evike for another package. I don't know what it is. They wrote me and asked me for a link to the video I made, but I haven't heard anything else from them...it's like a birthday surprise!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Evike is a good place to do business with. I know some past events we've hosted we have had them as a sponser, and they are usually pretty generous.

Just be careful, don't sign any contract with Evike, so that way.. You can have as many sponsers as you can, such as Zshot (SystemA) and Spartan Imports (All other known AEG's) as well as JAG precision & PDI.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.