Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Airsoft Culture 2020

7K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  Zero Roaster 
#1 ·
So I am inspired to make this thread as I watched some of kicking mustang's latest videos. Most notable is the video entitled "Airsoft Cancel Culture."

Not going to lie, I have been in his shoes. Well, more like in the same situation. There have been numerous times I show up to my regular field and the players get all weird and negative for apparently little reason. Only to hear later from staff that they were all bitching that I was either cheating or they get all butt-hurt that I have better tuned gear then them, or some other BS reason. Ultimately they bitch that Polarstar's and HPA should be banned along with snipers and "DMRs."

The one thing that really erk'd me in his video, the "No Headshots" thing. I understand it, I get where its coming from. However, you are in a wooded environment with thick foliage and what not, then add fortifications. Compound things by willingly shooting at one another with fake guns that shoot plastic balls at reasonably, potentially, unsafe speeds. You are a fucking joke of a human being if you even remotely think your not going to get shot in the head in that. Let alone figure out who exactly it was that shot you. If you don't want to be shot in the face, neck, wherever, then buy protection and stop being a whiny ass snowflake princess, or just fuck off from airsoft.

Protection is not that expensive. https://www.evike.com/products/13286/

I know there are people that dont care for him, but he is not that bad compared to some other youtubers who blatantly do asshole shit and hurt people.

Its not just me thats noticed this crap, right?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Some things I would like to say:
A) If you get shot in the head in airsoft don't complain because that's what you signed up for.
B) If you consistently shoot people for the fun of it in the head or in other places that hurt (balls) you are being a d**k and should stop. Headshots might seem cool, but they do hurt and doing it again and again is sadistic and cruel.
C) If the only part of you sticking out from cover is your head then you are going to get shot in it. Don't complain if it does happen.
D) In airsoft, try to hit where it can be felt but doesn't hurt that much.
E) If it's against the rules, don't try it, even if it seems reasonable to you.
F) I am very much in agreement with Plazmaburn's post.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I agree with everything. At my field, they've got very weird and specific rules on polarstars like a must have colored tip besides orange, on the spot chrono and more. And yea, you get guys coming to you bitching that you shot them in the head. Also, you get grown ass men complaining to refs that you're way over FPS limit just because you can shoot further and more accurate then them. smh don't know what else to say

#4 ·
Be it through his editing or just videos in general, I do get the impression that KM (kicking mustang) does take a lot more headshots than are really necessary. While it's kind of a dick thing to do so when there are other options available, I am 50:50 on it. On one hand, people almost always call their hits on a head shot. It's unmistakable as a hit and particularly if you're playing a BASR where you often dont get much more than one shot at a target, getting that player to call it 100% of the time is value whether its good sportsmanship or not. Conversely, it's really quite a jerk move to just take shots at the face. I get it, sometimes it happens. People on the receiving end need to understand that, but taking shots at the face every time there's an opportunity is asking for problems. Me as an individual, I only take a shot at a head if it is: a) the only target option, b) the recipient isn't calling other hits, or c) accidental.

#5 ·
totally agree on when you should take headshots. Also I do tend to shot my CLOSE friends on the head a bit more than necessary but we're all good with it and know it's for just for fun. No ill intentions or anything

#6 ·
I haven't been to a field yet, just playing casually with friends, but it seems like there are a lot of men (maybe a better term is "man-child") who are wannabe SOF and yet go all crybaby when they get hit somewhere soft. I agree with these sentiments. If it's avoidable, shoot center mass. But sometimes headshots are necessary (a sentiment that some that I play with don't seem to agree). At the end of the day, it's a game. Stop making a big deal about your "owy" and get on with it. I've been considering enlisting and doing an SOF pipeline, and the more and more I prepare myself for it, the more I see a bunch of whining people around me with little pain tolerance and high sensitivity. Remember: there's a reason these guys are doing airsoft and not RS fighting. Because they lack the physical and mental stamina required (keynote on the mental part).

Just my 2¢

#7 ·
FMP Airsoft, couldn't have said it better

#8 ·
I'm sure you all have seen the stuff he is shooting threw. A lot of that is stuff I wouldn't even waste ammo on as it's too dense for my liking. But that just proves how solid his gun and skills are.

Matter of fact a few USAirsoft videos iv been in generated some serious levels of hate for no reason that anyone can tell. Like the vid of his pink pistol he got. I was laughing that it was dildo pink and looked like it belonged in a sex shop. He took out the part of me asking if I could field it for a game.

#9 ·
Yea, ig he gets his umbrella armory stuff for free. Usually costs prob around $400 Also, you've in in USAirsoft vids? How many?

#10 ·
Dunno never counted and I know for a fact he doesn't have any UA stuff. G&G, ICS, and ASGI send him stuff. And I think lct.

I know I'm in the G&G mag vid in a few spots. It was my polarstar at the end of the video. Had zero issues with that mag. Which is impressive as mine is temperamental with mags. Even more so now that it has a maxx unit in it.

Mind you, mine is not built for high speed BRRRRRRTT life. It was built for efficiency. Runs at 40 psi. Could run it lower, but then I risk the solenoids not firing properly. Plus I'm not a huge fan of just burning my bbs.

#14 ·
I've been shot in the head more times than I can count. None of them hurt. Then again, mask, goggles, boonie, and a shemagh loosely wrapped around my neck.. it's the most protected part of my body.

Then again, it's the most important part of my body.

A friend of mine used to say (in reference to motorcycle helmets):

If you have a $50 head, get a $50 helmet.

#15 · (Edited)
Headshots don't really hurt must of the time for me. They can hurt if I get hit on top or on the back because all I wear is a thin balaclava. The issue is when people don't wear full face.
I think that people who don't wear full face carry just as much of the blame as the person who intentionally headshots them.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

#16 ·
People who complain are the worst. I mean, this is a contact sport and you should be prepared to get hit ANYWHERE. It is up to you to have sufficient protection for you face, run a full face mask? Great! Running only eye pro? Ok, but dont bitch about when your teeth get knocked out.

I try to avoid headshots, especially if the target is not wearing full face protection, but sometimes it is just inevitable and you accidentally shoot the guy in the face. Shit happens, deal with it.

As for polarstar and other HPA guns, IMO the best way to handle would be either to implement a ROF limit, so that those man-childs do not go hosing down other people, just because they got hit one times too many. As for on the sport chronoing, I fully support that. I have been in a situation, where a player adjusted his pressure to have more power than he is allowed to (for regular rifles, aka class 2 it is max 130m/s with 0.2g). Immediatelly called the ref and got in him trouble.

At the end of the day, we just wanna duke out over the weekend and have some fun. Those a-holes and cry babies ruin the fun for the rest of us. If I had a HPA set up, I wouldnt want to sell it and get an AEG or GBBR, just because my favourite field banned HPA set ups, because some whiny b*tch whined too much.

#17 ·
It's bad sport to go for the less well protected parts intentionally, but people shouldn't be complaining about being shot by BBs in a game where you are exposed to plastic pellets flung at high speeds either.

#18 ·
Headshots. Well, to me it is common sense. Back then, no one complains of getting shot in the head. It happens. The bbs curve up when hopped. So even if you'd aim for center mass the bbs will tend to hit the head. On the shooter's part, you dont need to shoot someone on the head at near bad breath distance. The hop-up defense does not hold water here. It hurts and could be very dangerous. The last thing you'd want is being charged for intentionally injuring someone. Fights usually erupt when one is just bring a prick.
With the statement that one should get proper face/eye/head protection, I think that is what should be done. You don't go ride a motorcycle without a helmet and risk breaking your skull. Back in the day, almost all gamesites ban players who don't wear full face protection. No one also wears only goggles when they saw pictures of teeth knocked out or faces embedded with bbs were posted on forums like this. Today, I was really surprised to see players in videos wearing only goggles/ballistic shades. But then again it's a free world, one's protection is his own choice. If he wants to look like someone who is riddled with smallpox, then fine.
Regarding rules. Hey, it's common sense. Know the rules of the gamesite before you play. You can't force your rules on their place as you're just a guest (albeit, a paying guest). It's ridiculous to b*tch around when called out when you didnt know the rules of the gamesite in the first place. It's just basic courtesy and common sense. If you don't like them banning headshots, then go find somewhere else to play where headshots are totally fine. 😉

#19 ·
I'm all for head shots. The head is normally the most protected part of an airsofters body, and if they arent wearing mesh, that's their problem. I don't go for headshots, but I'd never get mad at someone for that

One thing I do not respect however, is shots to the groin. There's literally no reason other than to cause pain. Like sure, if that's the easiest or only target, that's one thing, but excessive and purposeful shots to the groin area just makes you a sadistic dick head (lol).

#20 ·
I'm all for head shots. The head is normally the most protected part of an airsofters body, and if they arent wearing mesh, that's their problem. I don't go for headshots, but I'd never get mad at someone for that

One thing I do not respect however, is shots to the groin. There's literally no reason other than to cause pain. Like sure, if that's the easiest or only target, that's one thing, but excessive and purposeful shots to the groin area just makes you a sadistic dick head (lol).
I'm trying to imagine a scenario where that would be the only available shot and nothing comes to mind 😁

#21 ·
When I play I expect to get shot in the head since it is the only target I try to present. My local community is also heavy on milsim, so the majority of players wear a minimum of goggles with attached lower face pro. When we do attend large events, particularly those that will likely involve a lot of CQB, most add helmets and comtacs.

Why so much protection? Because people lead with their eyes. It is the first, and often the only, target presented.

Does that mean I intentionally take head shots? When it is the largest thing to shoot, absolutely.

Have I been called out for taking head shots? Certainly. Most cases fall in to the category of 'only target presented' and the admins know it.

The only time I have an issue with head shots is when they are completely unnecessary . . . like when you have a dead rag out and someone shoots you at distance in the back of the head or the engagement is so close anywhere would suffice.

#24 ·
That's why I wear one of those metal mesh lower face masks. Has anyone got shotin/on the ear?

#25 · (Edited)
On the ears, yes. Sometimes it hurts, most of the time it doesn't. But yeah, it was fairgame. The guy caught me on my side. I wear a Sansei mask. For me it works best. The mesh have rounded holes. I didn't like the one with a square mesh. Lower quality bbs break on it on impact and bits of it could go to your eyes. Tried those masks with transparent shatterproof eyepieces. Didn't like it. Fogs up in humid environments. I tried also those paintball style JT Masks. Felt weird to wear though it offers good protection, it takes up space in my gear bag.

#27 ·
Yea cheaters usually call hits when it hurts but watch out for them coming to mag dump you when they're dead

#28 ·
As a Dentist I always aim for the head because I like the business...

On a more serious note, wear face protection. Seeing me isn't cheap. Replacing teeth is even less cheap. I wear face protection. It's mesh. Its breathable. It doesn't constrict my movement or keep me from getting a cheek weld. It IS cheap.

You're signing up to pretend to play war, so if you're gonna whine about getting shot in the face after choosing not to wear face protection you should consider my little pony as a hobby instead.

#29 ·
You're signing up to pretend to play war, so if you're gonna whine about getting shot in the face after choosing not to wear face protection you should consider my little pony as a hobby instead.
Brony gang where you at lol

#30 · (Edited)
Sounds like you all come from places where people are all weak and complain a lot. LOL

Part of the issue here is the people who run the clubs. If they say be careful not to shoot someone in the head, then you are going to get people complaining because they got shot in the head. They need to breed a culture of people who can handle being shot because that is the nature of our sport.
When Sheed and I first started our club many years ago, we wanted a culture where people were not complainers. So before each game, we would tell people that they are going to get shot and it is going to hurt and that it is their choice to wear a face mask or not. I then gave people an example of what I do when someone gets me good. When I get shot and it hurts a lot, I just say out aloud "I loved that one". And then I put a big smile on so it looks like I did love it. Other people have taken on doing similar things and so we have made a culture of players who understand that it can hurt and that you can handle it. No need to complain. In fact, people who do get shot, tell the shooter, "that was a good one"
It would be the rarest of occasion where I hear people complain. I do hear people say that it hurt a lot and they shot their battle wounds but as they show them, it is more a bragging thing. "Look at my massive welt"
So people who run the clubs just need to breed the right culture. Not one of fear. Head shots are fine and so is a little pain. We all love the pain.

#31 ·
For real. Just say in the beginning of the game expect head shots but don't do it on purpose unless it's the only shot available

Reactions: 1tonne
#32 ·
As I understand it, kicking mustang was ban from several of his local fields for various behavioral / sportsmanship issues. So I think one has to take the individual’s prior record into account as well as situation.

I think headshots are fair game if that’s what you’re offered, but I have witness teammates go “check this out” to their buddy and maliciously take unnecessary shots with the intention to hurt or humiliate an opposing player. So in that context I understand why people get upset. Consider baseball, it’s a game sure…and sometimes a pitcher lose control of the ball…other times, they are aiming at your head.

I think the others side issue the OP might be experiencing is him having to wear the black eye for other HPA players ill behavior.

Reactions: CR3160
#33 ·
I'd rather get shot in the head than in the inner thigh/fingers.

There is something people don't (want to) realize: sometimes, despite the target being in the open, all we can see is the head or just a tiny portion, because we are firing through bushes and vegetation to remain hidden.
How come people are fine with being shot in the face at point blank during speedsoft/cqb sessions/tournaments but when they're in the woods headshots suddenly become an issue?
I've seen plenty of videos where people took 5/6 bbs to the head from one/two metres yet nobody cried or complained. Still in the woods everyone seems to be made of tissue paper.

The 2nd part of the issue, and this is something we've discussed over and over again, is video editing:
People record a 4K clip, edit it in 1080p so they can move the overlaid reticle to make it look like the shot went where it was meant to go. The shot looks intentional when in reality it's more luck than anything, especially at extreme ranges.

But then you have KM, who puts emphasis on people complaining about headshots like in his last video (which was totally fine until he put the fucking subtitles).
He seems to be just a little retarded, how can you complain about the "woke culture" you created with your omg cheetah videos?

Apparently because of this, he got banned from sites he hasn't even played at once.

#34 ·
The 2nd part of the issue, and this is something we've discussed over and over again, is video editing:
People record a 4K clip, edit it in 1080p so they can move the overlaid reticle to make it look like the shot went where it was meant to go. The shot looks intentional when in reality it's more luck than anything, especially at extreme ranges.
I stumbled upon airsoft about 3-4 years ago by finding Novritsch, and I was extremely confused about how the top mounted camera could see through the scope when the airgunners on YouTube like Ted's Holdover had GoPros with mirror things mounted on their scope so they could record through it.
When I found out that it was overlay I was really sad and disappointed, but eventually I got over it.
The same goes for "THREE HUNDRED FEET!!!!!", I thought it was insanely far until I bought a rangefinder last year, but eventually I realized that it actually is kind of far.
Not nearly as far as I thought it was, turns out that what I thought was 300 feet was actually 175-250 yards or so.

But, I still watch his videos as well as FROZEN77 because both of their "scope cams" are pretty good (especially FROZEN77) as well as their ranges look farther, but it's really just entertainment as I know it isn't realistic at all.
Still, it's fun to dream lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.