Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been compiling this list for a little while, and as far as I can tell I've covered most of the readily available commercial brands, in Europe at least. With the onset of cooler temperatures, I am giving some thought to my GBB/NBB replicas so I can keep them functioning as normally as possible before turning to the electric or spring option for backups, so perhaps this will prove useful. It may not of course :)

What it is: A quick and dirty list of nominal PSI ratings at "room temperature".

What it isn't: An exhaustive examination of possible PSI ratings at all given temperatures, so we need a few caveats:

Not every manufacturer releases details concerning the precise formulation of their gases, and in some cases release information that makes no scientific sense.
Not every tester seems to agree to what constitutes room temperature but nominally, most people consider it to be around 20-22 °C, or 68–72 °F, and no one has released any data as to specific humidity.

With the above cautions noted, and also pointing out in passing that HPA is a far more consistent way to run GBBRs, and Co2 generally causes more wear, and has more significant "cool-down" issues I'll leave you this .pdf. The listed temperatures are all in Celsius!

Attachments

· Registered
3,682 Posts
I'd add propane and MAPP/Propelene for us cheapskates.
Slope Plot Rectangle Line Font

As for CO2, it adds more wear because it is higher pressure unless it is regulated.
It will usually boost FPS (can vary on hammer spring power. CO2 does expand slower than air, so 100 PSI of air will be more powerful than 100 PSI of propane. This is also something to keep in mind with every gas that isn't air, as they generally all expand slower than air, so you'll have to compensate that with more pressure.
In the airgun world some people use helium as a power source, and they gain 20-50% more kinetic energy out of their guns for the same PSI. This makes me eventually want to try helium in all my HPA guns.

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me, I know how much wear Co2 adds and why, had to duck a flying slide once 🤣 Co2 caplets run around 800 psi before regulation.

Also worth noting that each formulation will have a differing expansion curve with changes in temperature so, as usual for us, the key is experimentation. I shall add Propane and MAPP as I did indeed forget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts