Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I haven't been on the forums in a long time due to the long winter up here and I forget about airsoft in the long winter days. But recently I just got back into playing airsoft with my friends, and we have been looking at placing an order from Airsoft Gi (shipping is so grossly out of proportion in Alaska). I have been looking at the Airsoft GI PE parts and they look pretty good. I have been trying to decide on whether or not to get the piston and the sears. I want to get a zero trigger but they are out of stock currently. The Zero Trigger comes with a piston and the sears so I don't really want to have extra parts. What do you think I should do?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
"the zero trigger is actually laylax and I do not expect them to be back in stock for a while if ever. "

Woah, how come they might never be back in stock? I was looking into purchasing a laylax zero trigger in the future.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered, because my friends didn't want to wait. When I looked, there was a discontinued piston sear. I got the trigger sear, spring, piston, and spring guide. Without the piston sear, is my gun going to break?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Yeah, he said so far everything was holding up. If anything, you should be fine for a little while. Hopefully long enough until the piston sear comes back into stock. Keep us posted for sure.

In the future, I plan to get my rifle shooting 450 fps. I would like to buy a zero trigger for durability but already have a trigger sear, piston, accuracy cup, cylinder head, and spring guide. I rather would use my money for the cylinder ($126) and the rest on the piston sear. That way I save $200 by not buying the zero trigger. Because it seems to me that the zero trigger would be unnecessary if your rifle holds up with that very powerful spring. (I was looking at a 130% spring, which would probably make the zero trigger an unnecessary buy with my setup)

So yeah, keep us posted, I would like to see the results. Good luck

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
Because it seems to me that the zero trigger would be unnecessary if your rifle holds up with that very powerful spring. (I was looking at a 130% spring, which would probably make the zero trigger an unnecessary buy with my setup)
The Z-trig is really only necessary on springs 170 and up, the main advantage to them is they provide a clean trigger pull as opposed to the 45 degree trigger.

I still use a 45 deg trig in my 500fps VSR but I'm a manual worker so have a strong grip, for someone of a more delicate disposition continual use of a 45 deg trig will become tiring quiet quickly :-/

@janzen14 - You will find that the piston sear will start to chip or split after a while, this will then lead to slam fireing occuring, which will mean you need to replace it regardless.... how long this will take is anyones guess, could be 20 shots could be 200, but don't expect 2000 ;)

@fuzzywolly - I'd expect to achieve very close to 450 from a 130, after all I got 430fps from a 120 before I whipped the hop rubber, never had reason to try it after, as I cut the spring to give me 400fps (limit at 1 of the sites I play at)

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Thanks Vindi, I am looking at getting a decent fps, but would like to prevent much wear and tear even with high quality parts. With what you said, I might even go with a 120% spring now. Only because in my area there is no need for a 500 fps set up.

Thanks again

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So my friends and I just got our order in. I proceeded to do everything I had read or seen online (hand filing the trigger sears to fit the bar 10). It turns out that the trigger sears came with a piston sear, so that problem is solved. They must have thought it best to sell them as a set. I installed all the other parts (spring, spring guide, piston). I went out to shoot the gun and I knew I was in for a man's trigger pull. I was able to pull it back, but when I pulled it back the cylinder seemed to make a sorta scraping noise. It pulled back, but it seemed a little sticky(I checked it out and nothing was scratched or broken). When it was back in position the cylinder stuck so much so that I had to almost put the same force forwards to get it back in place. THEN when I pulled the trigger, nothing happened. I am going to go out and lube up my gun to see if this solves anything but any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought all the same parts and here is the result...

Busted trigger sear on the 20th round
Cracked piston sear on the same round
Piston is too large and binds up in the cylinder (The plastic end part if it get cocked of center slightly)
O-ring on piston is way to large and can get bound up
Ball bearing spring guide okay ....
The sear and the piston do not meet up correctly and will not lock in place sometimes
The trigger sear does not fully drop down thus causing a scraping sound as the bolt is pulled back

all this on a 170 spring... Airsoft GI's answer send it to them and pay to have it fixed. Now I will admit I didn't install the parts until 3 weeks after I got them but the gun exploded after 20 rounds and it dug a nice long gouge in the cylinder wall. Airsoft GI was very nice on the phone and I will probably buy from them again, but I will not buy their branded products only known products.

Yes it was lubed and yes I have worked on the gun many a time with no problems....

I'm now running a 170 of stock part except for the spring guide. 500 rounds nothing yet but I'm waiting for the day it goes boom... Then I can look at the wife and say honey I need a new gun ....

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
janzen14 said:
When it was back in position the cylinder stuck so much so that I had to almost put the same force forwards to get it back in place. THEN when I pulled the trigger, nothing happened. I am going to go out and lube up my gun to see if this solves anything but any input is greatly appreciated.
I am not experienced with this but just wanted to say this to see if this helps at all.

You said it is hard to pull it back, did you try to use a weaker spring. Could be the spring is to strong with the parts you have installed at the moment.

Just a thought. Good luck dude. I hate when problems arise with my rifle. :(

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I would downgrade the spring for now. The last thing you want to upgrade in your rifle is the spring. I know I will be getting a new cylinder, bolt handle, etc. before I stick in a powerful spring. (Already have piston, spring guide, cylinder head, trigger sear.)

So I say use a weaker spring until you have the money to upgrade the other parts of the rifle. There is nothing wrong with a slightly less fps output of your rifle. Better to have it work rather than fall apart. :)

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
My guess would be that the sears/piston/spring guide are not the problem. With such a strong spring in your rifle with airsoft gi parts, it might be too much. Try the weaker spring and I think you will find better results.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.