Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to airsoft and this forum, so take that into consideration. Also, you might want to look at my actual introduction in the intro section of the forum. Well anyway, on to the topic!

I don't have much cash to spend, and I'm looking to get into this fine art, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with reviews, advice and other things.

First, my budget for a rifle. I've got 150$ to spend on a sniper rifle, and I could up it to maybe 200$ if I felt it was worth it.
It needs to be something usable out of the box as it were, I don't want to have to upgrade it to just play with it.
It should be upgradable though I suppose, because I do plan on using it for a while.
I'm looking at the UK Arms M24, and i'm funny open to comments on it, or suggestions on other guns.

Another thing which is further down the line, I want a secondary AEG that could stand as a primary if I wasn't sniping.
Now, I don't know if it would even be feasible to carry a secondary with me while I was sniping, so I'm beginning to think that size doesn't matter so much.
Also, i'm still on a budget, and i was hoping to find something for around 100$. But maybe i'm going at this totally wrong.

Some options I was looking at:
Galaxy MP5K
Cyma AK47S (folding stock)

So I guess... Should I not bother with a secondary? (I mean, I should have a sidearm) Should I bother with size? Just get a full sized rifle?

Thanks for reading!
TL;DR
Read it again! You're supposed to be a patient sniper, right?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I would take a look around the sale threads and see if there is something there that you can find. Other than that, narrow it down to a few rifles, and read and find as many reviews as you can.

I have had great luck with a few cheaper sniper rifles, as well as AEG's in my area.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should say that I do have a sidearm already, a H&K USP from Crossman Air (the airsoft one, not the BB one
) and I'm satisfied with it for sure, so the secondary question is almost just a question of "is it worth having ANOTHER gun with me?" The pistol would work for some, but would I want an AEG? Whatever
I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Thanks woogie, I'm going to look there, and keep looking around the web too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first airsoft rifle was an AGM Mp-001. Do not get it, also I would not purchase the UTG M324, due to compatibility issues.

I would buy the UTG L96 or a Bar-10 if I were you. IF you buy the either of these you will most likely have the money to purchase an optic as well.

Good luck man ;)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
What style of rifle are you looking for?

You may be able to find someone that has a rifle just laying around that they don't use anymore. And may be able to talk them into letting you have it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I highly suggest you get one of the "big 3" platforms. Which are VSR-10, L96s, and APS-2 (Compatible, not build) rifles. These are the most common and have a high range of budget parts, to high quality PDI/Laylax parts!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't really care what style of rifle I end up buying, I just want a bolt sniper that works, ya know? No preference in styles, not yet anyway. I really like the looks of the l96, and the general style of it, but then, i feel the same way about the more generic m24 type rifle.

That's not a half bad idea, do you think I should post a general "WTB entry level bolt rifle" topic in the marketplace or what?

Thanks Hoggie, I'll keep that in mind. Noobish question, is the M24 under one of those platforms or is it a separate platform of it's own? I've seen a lot of "m24 style" rifles around.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a little on the pricey side tbh, especially considering that i'd need to buy optics as well. The UK Arms M24 says it shoots 500-550 FPS right out of the box, it comes with a scope and is only $140. Reviews look good, and the general consensus is that it is some of the most value for your dollar. I'm probably gonna get that, unless I hear of some really serious downsides...

Ok, i just did some more looking. Basically people say that if you're going to upgrade, you can start with better, but if you're going to keep it stock, you can't do better. So i dunno.

·
Registered
362 Posts
felixlaurifer said:
The UK Arms M24 says it shoots 500-550 FPS right out of the box
Although FPS is important, it isn't crucial. Still I would get the the UK arms though, as it is a rebranded E1 M28 so it will perform fairly well out of the box. Be ready to purchase new sears or buy a VSR trigger box and cut of the Trigger guard bit.

The Classic Army will take a pretty nice chunk of change to get it shooting where you want it to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.