Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... Did anyone here manage to get their Airsoft philosopher stuff to work? And if so how?

I bought all the Gen1 stuff thinking it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread, big mistake, little did I know how wrong I was... Shot to shot consistency was erm, well to be honest there wasn't any. I narrowed the issue down to the cylinder head diameter being too large, and have noticed he's mentioned in a couple other posts that you need to use a stock cylinder head, which isnt a problem until you realise the stock TM cylinder heads don't fit on aftermarket cylinders. So I tried a few others, a stock well CH, stock AA T10 CH, upgraded AA CH (included with twisted cylinder), and an Airsoft Pro rounded CH, all giving below average results, they either wouldn't seal or would deform the bucking giving awful shot pattern.

So before I go out and buy every aftermarket cylinder head on the market, can anybody who's actually got this POS thing to work, let me know what witchcraft or voodoo magic they used to do it? I have tried asking AP himself, but he's ignored all my enquiries via social media, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I've had all the same experiences as you, especially the whole thing sucking and being ignored on 2 email accounts and on social media.
I tried the stuff in a springer with a stock JG cylinder head and an Angel Custom cylinder head, and an HPA gun with the Wolverine cylinder head which is almost exactly stock dimensions, with bad results no matter what I tried.
I have gotten my chamber to suck less by making an SS-nub as well as using a mysterious red bucking with an R-hop, but the results still sort of suck.
I recommend that you try your hardest to get a refund, or try selling your stuff so you can make a bit of that wasted money back, as you will waste so much time and money trying to make the chamber function correctly.

Here's the only review for the AP stuff and if you skip to the end to the recap and shooting, you'll hear that the guy is quite underwhelmed even though I would bet that he got the stuff for free.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I like the concepts and features of the chamber, but hate the proprietary-ness of the barrel and bucking. Mine works pretty well with an open window rhopped EdGi barrel. Nothing phenomenal but for how much negativity I read it’s fieldable for kills. Works as it should with my configuration.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had all the same experiences as you, especially the whole thing sucking and being ignored on 2 email accounts and on social media.
I tried the stuff in a springer with a stock JG cylinder head and an Angel Custom cylinder head, and an HPA gun with the Wolverine cylinder head which is almost exactly stock dimensions, with bad results no matter what I tried.
I have gotten my chamber to suck less by making an SS-nub as well as using a mysterious red bucking with an R-hop, but the results still sort of suck.
I recommend that you try your hardest to get a refund, or try selling your stuff so you can make a bit of that wasted money back, as you will waste so much time and money trying to make the chamber function correctly.

Here's the only review for the AP stuff and if you skip to the end to the recap and shooting, you'll hear that the guy is quite underwhelmed even though I would bet that he got the stuff for free.
I have seen your accounts on this matter whilst frantically scrolling through the forum, hoping to find a way to redeem myself for the error in my judgement in trusting this setup to be without flaw. It's good to hear you've tried different cylinder heads too to no avail.

I don't think I could sell this stuff, I wouldn't feel good about putting someone through the same stress I've endured trying to get this to perform. And I definitely couldn't get a refund, first reason because he doesn't reply to any form of communication, and secondly being the fact I purchased it all before covid, got it installed, then the local fields got shut down for 12 months, so it just sat idle untested in my rifle.

I guess unless someone else comes along with a miraculous way to get this stuff to work, I'll just have to go back to the action army chamber and get myself a tridos ordered. I wonder if I could even possibly reuse the AP barrel in that set up? All though the hop window would be a little too large I imagine sigh.

I guess I could frame this **** and put it on display in my office next to my vfc mp7 aeg, to remind myself to stop volunteering myself as Airsoft test sucka guinea pig thing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the concepts and features of the chamber, but hate the proprietary-ness of the barrel and bucking. Mine works pretty well with an open window rhopped EdGi barrel. Nothing phenomenal but for how much negativity I read it’s fieldable for kills. Works as it should with my configuration.
I've just watched your video, been waiting for you to post it for a while, must have missed it in the chaos this week has been.

I like your idea of possibly using a different barrel and bucking. Maybe I'll throw in a CJ and a Mr hop and see how it goes. My biggest issue for now seems to be finding a cylinder head that will pair up with the units internal dimensions as to not deform the bucking, plus modifying the nub with my hand tools and primitive mind, I can already guarantee I'll mess it up.

Plus for the price I and others have paid for the full set up, it seems rather unnecessary to even have to try justify it with the use of other parts. It's a shame really as I really do like the unit itself, the TDC, the fixed position of the nub not being able to see saw, and the barrel c clamp, for me, really are innovative ideas, I just wish the dimensions were just copied over from the AA unit.

·
Registered
775 Posts
The bucking in my video is hard af. I think it’s a factory bucking from a well MB10 or some other vsr clone like the SR40. Not certain but it does the job. Overall I’m happy with the chamber but there’s no way in hell I’d purchase the matching barrel and bucking. Especially after @SiliconeSword’s experience. I have a gen2 chamber for another vsr build but I’ll be using a softer Rhop patch, smaller AP nub and a mysterious red bucking myself. I think it’s a mad bull but can not confirm. In the past I had great success with a mysterious red. Anyway, good luck on your airsoft philosopher endeavors!! I’m fielding mine this weekend!! 🍻

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I think that the 3 biggest issues with the AP stuff is
Nub/window size plus it's wobble
Shitty buckings
Barrel quality

I solved the wobble with my SS-nub and I'll eventually sand or file it down so there's way less surface area which actually helps sometimes, sort of similar to the nub AP includes in the GEN2 chamber.
Using the original barrel with an R-hop or different bucking will be fine, but the window is simply unnecessarily massive and will screw with your FPS unless you're really careful.

The bucking issue is due to being really soft and sucking in another way I can't identify, which can be solved with a better bucking or an R-hop with a better bucking, but that's super annoying to have spent like $40 or $50 on shitty buckings in my case.

As for the barrel, the GEN1 has a pretty bad surface finish, as even an Action Army purchased multiple years ago has less bumps and rings on it.
If you can, I'd lap the barrel or have it lapped as it will help a ton, but idk if it will lap in a timely manner since the coating on it is actually quite hard.
The straightness that he listed as well is actually not very impressive, other companies just don't advertise that. A stock CYMA Platinum brass barrel had better straightness according to some machinist straightness measuring thing my grandfather showed me, which I imagine would be pretty embarrassing.
His new GEN2 barrel definitely seems better since it wastes less air and seems to have a better surface finish, but a 6.01 Lambda with some light lapping would totally shred his new barrel I'd wager.

The chamber was nice, but when you pay $275 or whatever for a barrel, chamber, and 3 buckings, you definitely expect results which I definitely didn't get.
In comparison
AA chamber : $55
SS-arm : Free.99
Flat hopped bucking : free to $10
R-hop patch : $10
Lambda barrel : $50-$70
In total, $145 at worst, $115 at best unless you score a deal, and you'll definitely beat most combos if you lap the barrel.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Imo everything about the setup is great except the bucking. I get really good results using an rhop and modify sora bucking. Their bucking just sucks.

When i stopped using their bucking and got an rhop and modify sora, the change was extreme. Snipetor makes lazer cut patches specifically for the barrel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Imo everything about the setup is great except the bucking. I get really good results using an rhop and modify sora bucking. Their bucking just sucks.

When i stopped using their bucking and got an rhop and modify sora, the change was extreme. Snipetor makes lazer cut patches specifically for the barrel.
I have snipetors patch, however I've been using it in conjunction with the AP flat bucking. Maybe I'll give the Sora a go.

Have you noticed any compatibility issues with the Sora and whichever cylinder head you may be using?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Its worked with every nozzle I've used. I find even the flat ap bucking has really strange tolerances.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts