Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I'd go for the SSG10 A3, or I'd get select SSG10 parts, upgrade parts, and whatever stock looks cool.

The only things in the SSG10 that I'd exchange would be the hop chamber, bucking, and barrel, which I'd replace with an Action Army red chamber, Maple Leaf 70° 2021 Autobot, and a cheap 6.01 stainless barrel that you could polish.

altogether that should cost the same or less than actually buying the SSG10 A3, and it will be a bit better.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I'd say that the best gun these days is the Modify Steyr Scout rifle as its probably the most durable and best designed rifle save for homemades and maybe the new ArchWick thing. The TAC41 is supposedly pretty good, but it seems like ratings are dropping as more people own them, like with the SSG10. I'd say that the TAC41 and VSR/SSG are very similar save for the trigger which I am not sure about, so I won't say they're the same in terms of mechanical traits.

So, the SRS and the Scout are the tippest toppest rifles now, but the SSG10 A3 will likely be the most effective and easy to use for most people, and probably yourself.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
From what I've learned, you can get any sniper to perform to a level where they're all equal, it's just about the time, money, and tools you have. The thing is though, it may shoot far and accurately, but it may have a gritty bolt pull, weird trigger, annoying safety, low capacity expensive mags, shitty mag release, wobbly stock, easily shifted outer barrel, be unwieldy, be heavy, or any number of things. You want something that is easy to use and has good mags, on top of being accurate and shooting far. In our "sport" we have sort of reached a point where it's hard to buy a rifle in a certain price range that isn't generally accurate and shoots far, but while it may perform the same as something else out your window, it may get you killed more often during a game or it won't take a fall or whack on a doorway.

I think that the next thing for airsoft will be making them as rugged and simple as some real firearms like the AR platform or various handguns and other rifles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts