Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
AK DMR = G36 DMR = AUG DMR... for the most part. So yes, many people here have used G36 platforms for DMR builds that can answer your questions. That is, unless you have specific questions about the AK body; the internals will be the same as the guns listed above.

·
Registered
128 Posts
the ak and its kin have been used as dmrs. look up the psl, tabuk and ak74 dmr on google. soviets in afghanistan used ak74 when svd wasnt available

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to add in that I don't see why any field wouldn't allow an AK as a DMR. The AKS74 is an sbr. But there are several videos on YouTube of people with WASR and Saiga AK's with a POSP 4x mounted on them.

I was curious about how strong the gearbox is on the Cyma. I've heard that the Echo1 red star wolverine is just a Cyma internally and has the fancy red star trademarks on the receiver. I have a Cybergun liscensed tactical Kalashinokov 47, t shoots a real consistent 380fps with .25. But the receiver is plastic so I don't want to bother with modifying it. I'd rather have a full metal/real wood version with a full stock, as mine has the folding Galil stock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I actually have a Tokyo Marui AK47 that is about 8 years old that is completely upgraded with a metal body and folder stock... It wasnt intentionally made as a DMR but it has more range than about anybody I have ever ran into. It just destroys people, they dont expect the range from this thing.

I recently switched back to a plastic body and a solid stock with a railed forend, its very light and much easier to wield.

I almost feel like I am cheating because it just has SO much range and accuracy...

·
Registered
131 Posts
the3rdeye88 said:
... If so, what base did you start with?
My point is if you want to build an AK DMR, start from an RPK as a base , such as CYMA,

All you'll need to build a stock like TABUK, and a Handguard with three holes instead of two that is.
Transferring more front of the gas chambers.
And using short clips such as AK BETA, if you find mid / low cap.

In RPK has the side rail to placements and sights, which the AK-47 is not normally.

Checking out the link and see the similarity

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/china-aegs/cyma/cyma-rpk-aeg-real-wood-version.html

http://www.dragunov.net/iraq_tabuk.html

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the input. I will probably make an order tomorrow for the Cyma cm048. I have a buddy with an EDGI 509mm 6.01 tight bore that he doesn't use so hopefully I can get that off him. I'll post pics when I get it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the new AK in, she shoots a very straight and consistent 390 with .20's. Have to wait on the 6.01tb until I get a suppressor. Gonna throw a LiPo in her and let her eat, then replace parts as they go out. Hopefully should have some pics soon.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered a Prommy 455mm 6.05mm TB barrel, .1 & .2 shims, and Guarder 140 spring. Going to pick up a LiPo and delete the fuse. I'm waiting patiently for AWS to release their v3 mosfet. Got a big grand opening game at out new field on the 14th.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.