Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, lemme start by introducing myself. My name is Matt and I'm a 22 year old aspiring marine biologist and all around nerd. I live in Midlothian vA. A small town in central south east va. I have been playing airsoft for about 4 years, on and off, mainly off. I really enjoy the hobby and want to get back into it as soon as possible. I've NEVER worked on a gear box nor run anything other than stock. I'm mainly a woodland player and have enjoyed the up close assault like role. But after messing around with a standard g36 and several longer range rifles, I really like the sniper/counter sniper/dm role.

I enjoyed it so much that I went out and bought a vfc scar h ssr to tinker with and use as a long range scout like role. I used it in roughly 3 or 4 games and less than 500 rounds before tragedy struck. A fire ripped through my home, destroying almost everything I owned, including my scar. Bummer, right?! Well I am a firm believer in silver lining and clouds and all that, and luckily the insurance will be reimbursing me, in full, for all my losses.

Now the fire was nearly a year ago and I am praying that I will see this money within the next few weeks or a month. The good thing about this is that I can now start over from scratch and use the money to build something truly unique. I enjoyed the scar quite a bit, although I would like to go with something a bit different. I want to try my hand at a REAL DMR. Not just an AEG with a giant scope and tight bore shooting in the mid 400s. I want to make mine Lipo safe(for trigger responsiveness), semi ONLY, stronger spring and various other diy/install mods to make this a true designated marksmen rifle.

so here I am, being a total noob and working toward making a truly unique and awesome aeg. I'm happy to be part of this community and hope to contribute what I can!

*points for lazy copy and paste from my aeg dmr thread FTW :)*

· Administrator
6,302 Posts
Welcome to the board, there's enough knowledge here for anything you want.
I'm VERY happy with my Real Sword SVD as my DMR and a friend has given me his M4 to make it DMR but I hate to work on AEGs so I've left it for the future.

Wolf

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you all for the warm welcomes. I'm stoked to get back out there, its just a matter of time until I get the money, then the gun and gear, and then I'm SO out there. Ha ha. I'm a bit torn between rifles though. My main focus is on the g&g m14 ebr. Most people tend to suggest that and its jus plain sexy :)

my biggest concern is finding places on the east coast that are decent suppliers. I live in central va. And the closest place, that I'm aware of, is airsoft cqb in Manassas. I'm actually taking a trip up there tomorrow with my friend that I helped get hooked onto the hobby. So I'm looking forward to the trip. But if you guys have anymore suggestions of places on the way there or up in the area, make sure to let me know! And let me know if you guys are ever down for some playing. I've played with a good friend that visited from new jersey and ALWAYS looking are good, friendly people to play with!

· Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Welcome aboard man! Sorry about the house and all, but like it has been said, glad no one was hurt.

Check out some of Vindi's projects as well as his DMR thread stickied in the long range AEG section. Should be of some help as well as give you some ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.