Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I've been playing airsoft for a few years now and own a couple of guns. These are mainly AEG rifles, GBB pistols and bolt-action sniper rifles. For my next gun I am looking into buying a DMR. However, after some research getting my hands on a good DMR isn't as easy as it was with the other types of guns. As such, I am looking for some advice. On my local field(s) a DMR has the following important requirements:

• Should technically not be able to shoot full-auto (semi only)
  • Maximum of 440 FPS (+ 10 FPS margin)
  • Low cap magazines only (90 bbs)

Additionally, I have read that on some fields your gun has to be a replica of a real-steel DMR. It might be good taking that into account as well.

My current understanding is that a DMR has to be built as it almost never comes out-of-the-box. First, I have to choose a basic platform I like the looks of and which maybe has some decent parts in it already. Then I have to upgrade a lot of parts in this rifle in order to turn it into a real DMR. Until now I have done some basic mainentance on my guns, but never have I changed an internal part. I've found some guides around the topic, but most of these are definetly not the most comprehensive/up-to-date.

Then there is the cost. When discussing the topic with my local store they told me the conversion would cost somewhere between 250 and 450 euro's. This is on top of the cost of the base gun. This sounds very expensive. Especially since you can, for example, buy Novritsch's SSX303 for around 300 euro's (+ maybe 150 euro's on attachments). I know gas based rifles have their disadvantages, but this does look like a very good value proposition in comparison to building my own. Especially since it should work great out-of-the-box.

My questions are as follows:

• What base gun would you recommend to build my DMR with? Preferably something that is easily available in EU
  • Do you think it would be possible for someone like me to build my own DMR myself? Or should I leave this to experts at my local shop?
  • Does this price that my local shop suggested sound fair?
  • Why should I not just go for the SSX303?

In terms of looks, I absolutely fell in love with this (way too expensive) gun:
(Krytac Barrett Rec7 Carbine - DMR)
Black Machine gun Trigger Air gun Gun barrel

Thanks a lot for your help! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Go for the G&G 308 and Perun ETU++. It will be plug and play.
The mag is DMR size, mid caps with both 40 round and 110 round, empty mag detection and feeds until last round. Program the ETU to semi only, precock for the trigger responce and the Perun has decock function.
Upgrade the barrel and bucking, R-hop helps a lot in this situation so you could buy a popular inner barrel that you can find R-hop patch for sale. Maybe a MAXX hop up chamber if your budget allows it.
The gun comes with steel gears, bearings and high torque motor out of the box so you don't really need to open and upgrade the gear box.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,544 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
You don't need the v2.5 gearbox;
You don't get the empty mag detection;
Shoots like crap out of the box;
ETU will burn out in couple games;
The G&G is much better bang for the buck and much less work to get it right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go for the G&G 308 and Perun ETU++. It will be plug and play.
The mag is DMR size, mid caps with both 40 round and 110 round, empty mag detection and feeds until last round. Program the ETU to semi only, precock for the trigger responce and the Perun has decock function.
Upgrade the barrel and bucking, R-hop helps a lot in this situation so you could buy a popular inner barrel that you can find R-hop patch for sale. Maybe a MAXX hop up chamber if your budget allows it.
The gun comes with steel gears, bearings and high torque motor out of the box so you don't really need to open and upgrade the gear box.
Great suggestion. Love the looks and seem like great internals. That Perun ETU++ is already included out of the box right? How much money do you reccon I need to spend extra on this to make it a good DMR? I'll probably let my local store do the work.

Does the "strong motor" on this product page mean the same as "high torque motor"? Just so I get a bit more familiar with the terminology.

If you want OOTB you could get a wolverine mtw. That or hpa a sr25 or a mk12 spr.
I have no experience with HPA. It looks awesome in terms of consistency and power output, but carrying a tank and having a line to your weapon is just kinda weird from an immersion perspective.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I bought mine for 316 EUR during a tax free sale.
I paid total 400 EUR for the gun, the Perun plus 3 40 round mags (they look amazing).
I'm trying to save money and just mod the stock chamber, but if that doesn't work out I'd buy a MAXX chamber. I don't think the internals need any upgrade, even with a MAXX chamber I think you shouldn't have to pay more than 500.
Check USAirsoft's review on the TR16 308, it's pretty detailed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought mine for 316 EUR during a tax free sale.
I paid total 400 EUR for the gun, the Perun plus 3 40 round mags (they look amazing).
I'm trying to save money and just mod the stock chamber, but if that doesn't work out I'd buy a MAXX chamber. I don't think the internals need any upgrade, even with a MAXX chamber I think you shouldn't have to pay more than 500.
Check USAirsoft's review on the TR16 308, it's pretty detailed.
500 total or 500 on upgrades?

·
Registered
201 Posts
@TheLUCKYfighter
What I did when I decide to get a DMR:
I purchased Cyma's Platinum SR25(250euros)
Got a Maxx HU (~60euros)
ML MrHOP bucking (9euros)
TNT inner barrel (86 euros/refunded).
Metal nozzle (free)
And that's it. Effective range 70-75m (450ft/sec fields limit).
All good, all great no issues. Super satisfied with my choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts