Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
VW Sharan
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my latest DMR project completed . The base system is APS ASR-110D Guardian . May be the easiest replica to convert .
Short description what was done : Stock 380 mm aluminum 6.04 mm barrel exchanged with 605 mm stainless steel 6.02 mm one. A 16" handguard extension from "Nuprol" installed . 7" riser extension again from "Nuprol" fixed on a front top . Barrel extension and a dummy silencer by "Nowritch" added to hide the way longer barrel . A red dot by "Bushnell" zeroed at 100 feet. Scope system 3-9 x 40 by "Bushnell" zeroed at 300+ feet . Green laser sight by "Night force" zeroed at 200+ feet. Powerful flashlight from "Nowritch" with range 500+ feet. External battery box from "G & G" with installed a 3S 11.1 v 4200 Li-po battery inside.
The "guts" : 32:1 steel gear set ; Mosfet by "Gate" ; CNC reinforced alloy piston with CNC piston head with double o-rings and bearing ; Stainless steel cylinder to face needs of the new longer barrel ; cylinder head with double o-rings and bearing ; stainless steel nozzle ; M180 main spring ; Brushless max torque motor 18 000 rpm. Kept the stock hop unit but placed new rubber by Mapple leaf on 70 degrees. This configuration shoots a 0.42 g BB's with the comfortable 500-510 fps , which is almost 5 Joules or 3.61 ft-lb. Accuracy is outstanding : 45 shots at 300 feet on square paper target 8" x 8" - all in ! Human corps sized can be hit with close eyes at 300+ feet . Here are some photos of what I've done and a photo to get a real impression of the size off this "monster" next is a regular Ares Amoeba Assault rifle. Sizes and measurements : 4'2" long ; weight : 10.4 lbs .

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Wood

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Machine gun

Automotive lighting Camera accessory Automotive tire Cameras & optics Motor vehicle

Registered
VW Sharan
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh, whatever happened to volume limiting inner barrel length on a V2 gearbox? 馃ぃ

Sounds like a beast!
I think I've done almost the ideal volume ratio of 1.85 to 1. That is almost the "golden middle" as in general CBR's considered as normal are between 1,5 and 2,5 to 1. Used closed reinforced cylinder , and all rest of the "guts" are chosen for monstrous performance . It sounds and it is a beast in deed ;-)

Registered
VW Sharan
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the way to the latest configuration I have couple of troubles . With a motor 25K and gears 23:1 after few dozens of shots , I heard a "crack" sound from inside and all system stopped . The motor wasn't worm, it was hot . When I open the gear box , I found the polymer piston cracked on two half and the teeth blade bended. That cased me another 45$ for a new cylinder and another 150$ for a 18K motor and gear set 32:1 . Now it sounds like a kitty and the motor remains dead cold ;-)

Registered
5 joules?

Great build, and I think you've considered all the options when it comes to upgrading parts/tuning. The interesting part is that you're definitely in the realm of diminishing returns for power and its cost efficiency......not to mention weight!

Registered
Oh, no reason at all - and it's not ridiculously heavy per se but would you fancy lugging it around all day? ;) I've never really considered airsoft outside of a skirmish, it's fascinating to see how far you can go when the muse strikes.

Registered
VW Sharan
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5 joules?

Great build, and I think you've considered all the options when it comes to upgrading parts/tuning. The interesting part is that you're definitely in the realm of diminishing returns for power and its cost efficiency......not to mention weight!
For me, airsoft is not just a hobby but also a passion. after Afghanistan, when I sat in the wheelchair, airsoft activities took on a different meaning. The years in which I actively played are in the past. Now my focus is on accurate target shooting, an activity that many airsoft players consider pointless, but which I enjoy greatly. As a retired veteran, I have all the time in the world and almost all of my pension is spent on upgrades and increasing my arsenal. I love digging into my babies guts and squeezing everything out of them. This is not a business for me, but hours well spent in my workshop. For this reason, I don't care about the costs incurred, but I care about the final results. About the weight: 10 pounds is not a lot for this monster, considering that some full metal assault replicas weigh the same or more. But silicone sword is right. I shoot with a bipod or sandbag rest, so weight doesn't matter to me.

Registered
VW Sharan
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, no reason at all - and it's not ridiculously heavy per se but would you fancy lugging it around all day? ;) I've never really considered airsoft outside of a skirmish, it's fascinating to see how far you can go when the muse strikes.
Oh, Before the injury and amputations, I never would have thought I'd ever be in a wheelchair and crushing BBs by shooting cola cans and empty cardboard boxes. But things changed and I chose not to give up airsoft, but to adapt it to my needs. I formed a group "Airsofters on wheels" together with other wheelchair veterans and we already have 3 tournaments behind us. We have the support of the Ministry of Social Welfare and the Ministry of War and they help us as much as they can, knowing that with disability pensions we cannot afford huge costs.

Registered
VW Sharan
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love that you're maintaining your passion and positivity whilst making some awesome builds - sincere respect :)

What nub do you use in that beast?
Thank you for the positive comment !!!
To prevent any regular hop up chamber to hall a part after few shots , I installed
Maxx CNC Aluminium Hopup Chamber M4HD - PRO Heavy duty . It comes with a set of three nubs and beds : roller nub, rectangle nub and omega shaped . In this project I've placed the rectangle one. the bucking is Mapple leaf 80 degrees reinforced with a bit longer lips and used the 21.6 mm nozzle, instead of the stock one which was 21.1 mm. In the beginning tried the omega, but wasn't happy with the FPS consistency . With the second attempt it came to my expectations ;-)

Tool Household hardware Auto part Bicycle part Font

Registered
VW Sharan
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is nice build indeed. Thank you mate .
Nothing confusing my friend. In order to obtain a successful project with effective shooting, the ratio of the volume of the barrel to the volume of the cylinder should be observed, in the ideal case it should be 1.8 to 1, but the permissible ratios are in much wider limits: 1.5:1 to 2.5:1 . With a slight modification of the gearbox shell, a cylinder with a larger volume taken from a Extended version 2 gearbox is easily installed, and in this case it is possible to go to a barrel over 700 mm. If a standard volume cylinder is used for version 2, then the barrel length limit is up to about 550-560mm. You probably know that there are electric SVD replicas with a barrel length of 795 mm. With a barrel that is too long with a standard type 0 cylinder, the amount of compressed air is not enough to shoot the ball with the necessary accuracy and velocity and the hop up does not help. And vice versa, if the cylinder supplies a huge portion of air with a too short barrel, then the ball takes off with an irregular trajectory and behaves like a crazy wasp, in both cases we cannot talk about good accuracy..

Registered
VW Sharan
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In my DMR projects I am not using bore up kits. I have a friend who making for me this kind of units : From a single piece of stainless steel on a CNC he making me combined cylinder and cylinder head = zero problems with sealing and securing the connection between the two elements ;-) Usually the regular type 0 cylinder can be used with inner barrels from 460 to 600 mm , But most of my DMR's are with barrels 605-650 mm , so my friend making me cylinder/head units just 3 mm longer and the system works perfect.
Checked and confirmed ;-) Last week I've won a airsoft tournament in Germany for veterans-cripples . One of the four disciplines is called "Golden shot" : Competition starts from 50 meters, and you have right of 5 shots. If everyone hits the target at 50 , than next round is at 55, then 60 etc. I won with 2 out of 5 shots in at 125 meters ?! The second I left behind with 105 meters . At the next distances 110,115,120,125 and 130 meters I was competing with myself only . At 130 meters I failed 5 times. And please note : All tournament and the all previous competitions I am shooting only with my DMR's . Not using Bolt snipers. Just my DMR monsters are good enough ;-)

Household hardware Cylinder Gun accessory Gas Metal

Household hardware Cylinder Multipurpose battery Metal Auto part

Wheelchair Wheel Tire Leg Chair

Registered
VW Sharan
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Congratulations on your success :)

That custom cylinder looks brilliant, great idea. But don't give up all your secrets ^^
There's nothing to hide mate. I'm here to learn and to help in return if I can. I'm not very effective with powerful bolt spring powered sniper rifles with a shrapnel stuck in my span and hands which barely serving me . Every charge the bolt cause me a tons of pain and the pleasure of the plinking goes to Hell . But the AEG systems allows me to shoot all day long , just by pulling the trigger. There's no much real feel with AEG's , what you getting from the bolt action springers, but still I enjoy it so much . Next week I am competing in the final tournament for this year for crippled veterans in Croatia. Hope to kick some arses again ;-)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts