Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the new arrivals section on Evike recently, and found this.
https://www.evike.com/products/27324/

It appears to be VSR-10 compatible, but with a longer outer barrel and forms of upgrades.
The stock is also cooler.
I wouldn't say to get it because I of course have my doubts, but it is definitely something to keep an eye on.
Who knows, it might come close to the SSG10 in terms of price and performance.

Voice your opinions and whatever else below I suppose

·
Registered
320 Posts
If it trigger is indeed full steel and a Laylax copy, I'm sold on it.
I doubt Barret has anything to do with it besides licensing it though (and since they imply possible delay by US customs for pre-orders, it is definitely Asia made lol).
If the price truly holds and the internals are legit, you get a solid gun with AA chamber for the money of a SSG10, looking real good for US players (I added AA chamber because they didn't advertise it, therefor is probably just a paper weight stock chamber)

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
It does look pretty promising. Fingers crossed.
Makes me think. What type of trigger does the SSG10 have? Does it have a proper Zero Trigger or just a 90 degree trigger?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Makes me think. What type of trigger does the SSG10 have? Does it have a proper Zero Trigger or just a 90 degree trigger?
It is made by bulltrigg so we know it is high quality.
What is the difference between a zero and a 90 degree trigger by the way?
The diagram of how the trigger works can be seen on Novi's website.
Scroll down on this page: https://eu.novritsch.com/product/novritsch-ssg10-airsoft-sniper-rifle/

·
Registered
755 Posts
you get a solid gun with AA chamber for the money of a SSG10, looking real good for US players (I added AA chamber because they didn't advertise it, therefor is probably just a paper weight stock chamber)
Ummm...how did you reach the conclusion that it has an AA chamber?
I checked the pictures and it has a normal vsr10 slider on the side.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is made by bulltrigg so we know it is high quality.
What is the difference between a zero and a 90 degree trigger by the way?
The diagram of how the trigger works can be seen on Novi's website.
Scroll down on this page: https://eu.novritsch.com/product/novritsch-ssg10-airsoft-sniper-rifle/
From what I gathered, a Zero trigger has rollers on the trigger and some of the inside parts, making it never wear out and have a easy pull.
Some examples are Action Army and Laylax.
On the other hand, PDI and similar triggers are raw metal on metal, so they wear out faster, but not always.

For the trigger pull they advertise, the trigger will either shit itself early on due to low sear engagement (like stabbing the tip of a knife into wood and trying to snap it vs stabbing the entire blade on and trying to snap it.
Or, they could have a budget zero trigger of sorts, who knows.

Speaking of wear parts, the cylinder looks like it's a good one from the picture, I'm pretty gosh darn curious to see if it's good or not.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
you get a solid gun with AA chamber for the money of a SSG10, looking real good for US players (I added AA chamber because they didn't advertise it, therefor is probably just a paper weight stock chamber)
I think that he meant that it's $39 cheaper than an SSG10, not including at least $20 shipping from Novritsch, so you could get an Action Army chamber and better bucking and nub with that extra money.

Still too soon to tell, but definitely something to watch from a distance.

More advantages over the SSG10 are a cooler looking bolt handle, end cap, outer barrel, scope rail, and receiver, free shipping in America, and probably the same stock with the Tokyo Marui style magazine release.

Edit: the Barret VSR-10 is actually $59-$39 less than the SSG10, I forgot to check the exact price.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
The difference between a real zero trigger and a normal 90 degree trigger is that a zero trigger uses a roller ball or ball bearing system in the sears. This means that the sear simply roll off of each other and so the sears do not wear. 90 degree triggers have a different system where sear with grind upon sear as they release. The Bull Trigger is just a 90 degree trigger but it does look as though it is a better 90 degree trigger than the PDI one. The way they have made the vertical sear longer (sometimes call the number 1 sear or piston sear) will help make the trigger pull lighter and have less stress on it. So less wear than a PDI and less pressure. But still not a zero trigger.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I said they did not advertise the chamber so it's probably a stock chamber in it. The price difference to a SSG10 allows you to add a AA chamber to it.
I like how the SSG10 somewhat kick started a round of product improvement and reduce in price. Like Sony camera breaking the Cannon and Nikon decade long stalemate and revive the market. Always good for customers.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I said they did not advertise the chamber so it's probably a stock chamber in it. The price difference to a SSG10 allows you to add a AA chamber to it.

I like how the SSG10 somewhat kick started a round of product improvement and reduce in price. Like Sony camera breaking the Cannon and Nikon decade long stalemate and revive the market. Always good for customers.
I understand now.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's actually a pretty good deal! Man, sniper platforms are getting cheaper and better by the year. The stock looks kinda ugly in my opinion, though.

Edit: Nevermind, the stock actually looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Now this looks sexy, wonder if I can get one here

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is a perplexing case…

EMG international / EMG always uses an OEM manufacture for their lines. G&G, G&P, Ares, and Krytac (I think king arms and specna arms has been used too) being the companies I know that they have used. Often times they assist with the licensing. Barrett Rec7 was used most recently with Krytac, I would imagine they didn’t want to waste any of the licensing and are therefore adding something else to the line under that brand sake. The strange thing is the VSR-10 is based off the real steel remington 700… so how this works I don’t know

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just saw that this rifle is currently available to buy on Redwolf for $190. They have it listed as APS as well, so that's probably the OEM.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would've bought this gun myself (hey 190 dollars what could possibly go wrong?), but APS as a manufacturer honestly isn't exactly an assuring tag they could put on. APS products are well known to be massively overcharged for a sub-par quality product (the CAM870s are fun things that unfortunately have significant QC problems as well as their AEGs).

·
Registered
90 Posts
On paper looks good, but I have doubts about the manufacturer being APS. Wonder if these will reach EU retailers. Still, would like a video of it being disassembled and stress tested.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You could buy a cool vsr OR take one to the chop shop mwuahahah lol here’s my current project. Hacked and ugly to get the folding stock with mil spec buffer tube to work. BUT it will look a little less ugly when finished. Need to paint some bits and swap out hardware!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts