Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was doing my homework on U.S customs regulations to see if I'd need an orange tip on my Deagle if I ordered it from Redwolf, and I came across this:

Paintball, bb guns, and other guns that use compressed gas, compressed air or mechanical spring action to fire a projectile/pellet are not subject to Department of Commerce regulations for toy or imitation firearms that require bright orange plugs or other markers to be affixed to the end of the barrel (15 CFR 1150). Air soft guns are considered look-alike firearms which require the special blaze orange marking.

It seems to be contradicting itself here. Will I get a god awful orange tip on a silver deagle? :mad:

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
Sorry man... But it's the best solution I can think!
I don't know if you can remove the orange tip without damaging the finish of the gun!

Most countries in Europe doesn't have this kind of problems...

I used acetone to remove the orange flash hider from my WA2K, it has done amazing job but it need patience ... I've read somewhere that people applies it on plastic bodied TM's.

Wolf

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Non-acetone nail polish with take off the orange without damaging the finish of the slide. In order to legally ship an airsoft gun into or in the US, a permanently affixed 1/4" blaze orange marking has to be on the tip of the gun, so requesting they ship with tape will not work, assuming customs inspects the package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.