Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to build another stock and receiver for my vsr. This time I set my priority on making everything adjustable and easy to take down. I‘m also going to make some parts out of wood. The buttstock, grip and cheekrest will be adjustable in multiple ways. The barrel will be removable without disassembling the rifle (same system like the silverback rifles), and the body will be able to flip open like an AR-15. I made a sketchup of what it should look like. Let me know your thoughts!
Rectangle Office ruler Wood Handwriting Font

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
That was sort of what I was after for my first VSR-SS, but it sort of took a path of it's own.

If that's a real magazine, I'd say go for it, feed tubes are actually decent when done right as I've found and they allow more creativity in terms of cool looking designs.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I like the idea of it flipping open like an AR. Thought about doing that before but ended up just doing quick takedown with pins. Your setup should be sweet!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I started making parts…
The first thing I built were the parts to adjust the buttplate sideways. Those two M10 screws will be replaced by two big thumbscrews to adjust it without any tools.
Dice Indoor games and sports Dice game Font Auto part

Material property Scientific instrument Gas Automotive lighting Service

Next I wanted to make a part that goes on the trigger to make it more comfortable. You might have seen something like that on the PSG-1. It is secured by an M5 screw.
Musical instrument Guitar Trigger Wood String instrument

It makes the trigger feel much better imo.

I also started making the receiver/railsystem. It is made from a 60x15mm aluminium pipe.
A lot of material had to be removed:

Musical instrument Wood Gas Composite material Circle

Bumper Floor Automotive exterior Wood Fixture

Machine tool Bumper Gas Auto part Machine

Art Jewellery Circle Electric blue Body jewelry

I also wanted to make it round, for which I used this setup:
Automotive tire Bumper Office equipment Machine tool Automotive exterior

Fluid Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd love to see that stuff when you do it! The tube was 45€. The reason I used such a big tube was because I need some wall thickness where the barrel clamping mechanism will be, as an added bonus I am able to make the integrated rail.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
That's reasonable enough, I imagine I could go cheaper if I shop around or use some discounts at a site I use.

I may try and see if I can cast a receiver out of aluminum and just finish it to it's final dimensions, but that would all depend on if I can improve the current porosity levels in my aluminum to a point where I can anodize the stuff and have it not have small pinholes. As this is airsoft, it's not like I'm dealing with the stresses of bolt lugs, so I can get away with aluminum, even cast aluminum as long as it works well enough. I suppose that for a longer tube simply buying it would be better as you can only reach so far with a boring bar.

·
Super Moderator
4,082 Posts
Gundrills are a thing. Designed for deep hole drilling into material. They typically need to have coolent shot threw it, as they are hollow on the inside. You can use them without, but you need to clear the chips regularly and use a cutting fluid.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I worked more on the receiver.
This crazy setup is the one I used to get the rest round.
Office equipment Machine tool Gas Machine Electronic device

I radiused where the rail and the bottom parts meet the receiver to make it as strong as possible.
Wood Material property Tints and shades Composite material Wood stain

Fixture Gas Engineering Machine Aluminium

Mag port:
Water Wood Rectangle Material property Door

Bolt handle slope:
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Hood Automotive lighting

Ejection port:
Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Font Gas

Trigger stuff (it‘s gonna get thread inserts)
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Grille

Making the rail:
Tool Toolbox Machine tool Metalworking hand tool Gas

I messed up big time and made the slots between the railsegments 4.23mm instead of 5.23mm. It still works with my scopes, and I could make the slots larger if necessary, the only problem is that I might have to re-adjust the distance of the scope rings if I transfer a scope from another picatinny rail.

Here I start to make the rail system.
Automotive tire Door Wood Gas Fixture

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I‘m not done with the receiver yet but it‘s starting to take shape.
Grass Wind instrument Musical instrument Office supplies Gun barrel

The railsystem itself in theory is mlok compatible. The problem is that there's no space for the locking nuts because of the cylinder and hop up chamber. The front three slots could be used with mlok though. However to still be able to attach stuff I added some M4 threaded holes for which I'll just make my own attachable stuff. The distance of these threaded holes also matches the distance of the screws on keymod rails, so you can also attach keymod rails (if they're not to short).
Here‘s the buttplate:
Grey Rim Art Auto part Bumper

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Audio equipment

Metal Font Fashion accessory Still life photography Office supplies

This part will make the buttplate adjustable in height:
Sports equipment Tool Guitar accessory Wood Font

Guitar accessory Sports equipment Tool Helmet Grey

Assembled:
Rectangle Gas Body jewelry Jewellery Liquid

1 - 13 of 13 Posts