Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im currently on planning on upgrading my hopup chamber (AP gen2) due to poor air seal. Right now all the AA chambers which I originally planned on getting are out of stock in my country. The AP gen3 how ever is in stock, so has anyone used it yet? Does it seal 100% and how does the AEG adapter work? Thanks for any replies!

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I'd stay away from anything but the red AA, AirArt, and maybe ArchWick, if you can find them.
Better to wait than waste money.
I thought the AA one was blue!
At least mine is for the Type 96 and for the record, it wipes the floor with the Stock and AP units.
Haven't tried PDI's but a fellow forum user has recently upgraded from PDI to AA and found the airseal much better.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I've got one at the moment in my asg .308

It's consistent that's all I can comment, hops consistently and fps is consistent. I cant actually test the airseal as my inner barrel is shorter than outer by 5cm .

Review of the unit below
Airsoft Pro gen3 hop up
this is the type 96 one yeah?
I had the Gen 1 and Gen 2 for my Maruzen (long time ago) and they just could never get a good air seal without wrapping what felt like a whole spool of PTFE around the bucking.

Glad to hear they have managed to get it good (3rd time lucky 😉 ).
Does it still suffer with the hop adjustment through the mag release?
That was one of the Main reasons I turned away and to VSR for an easy TDC.

·
Registered
317 Posts
this is the type 96 one yeah?
I had the Gen 1 and Gen 2 for my Maruzen (long time ago) and they just could never get a good air seal without wrapping what felt like a whole spool of PTFE around the bucking.

Glad to hear they have managed to get it good (3rd time lucky 😉 ).
Does it still suffer with the hop adjustment through the mag release?
That was one of the Main reasons I turned away and to VSR for an easy TDC.
Hop adjustment is through the mag release (but I like it as not a fan of tdc mount's) bit of PTFE tap on grub scree and it's set and forgot.

Also all type 96 hop units are tdc compatible (although PDI and JJ may cause alignment issues as dual arms) as they don't rely on sliders etc and the hop arms are always open to have pressure applied from above. Type96 has always been easy to tdc it just never needed it as the hop unit is better designed from a technical standpoint.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
Hop adjustment is through the mag release (but I like it as not a fan of tdc mount's) bit of PTFE tap on grub scree and it's set and forgot.

Also all type 96 hop units are tdc compatible (although PDI and JJ may cause alignment issues as dual arms) as they don't rely on sliders etc and the hop arms are always open to have pressure applied from above. Type96 has always been easy to tdc it just never needed it as the hop unit is better designed from a technical standpoint.
I can appreciate that.
I need to reattempt the TDC on mine now I’ve got a new dremel.
My main issues with running a Type 96 load out has been the weight and length of the gun along with the bolt pull.
For the life of me I can’t get it to be smooth on the return/push!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive owned a well l96 and had several hop up chambers and buckings in use.
Stock - was not bad.
AP gen 2 - was not bad but had limited amount of space for nubs.
AA blue - best of these 3. Combined with ML mr hop, concave nub and tdc (drilled and threaded the outer barrel and had a small bolt) had best results.

So i can recomend the AA unit.. Had no problems with airseal.

Regarding l96 bolt pull - mine had the best and smoothest boltpull from all the snipers ive owned.
I had AP cilinder - can not comment on stock cilinder tho.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
Ive owned a well l96 and had several hop up chambers and buckings in use.
Stock - was not bad.
AP gen 2 - was not bad but had limited amount of space for nubs.
AA blue - best of these 3. Combined with ML mr hop, concave nub and tdc (drilled and threaded the outer barrel and had a small bolt) had best results.

So i can recomend the AA unit.. Had no problems with airseal.

Regarding l96 bolt pull - mine had the best and smoothest boltpull from all the snipers ive owned.
I had AP cilinder - can not comment on stock cilinder tho.
What piston did you use pal?
I’ve got a Laylax Teflon from yesteryear in mine currently.
It’s no where near as smooth as I’d like.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What piston did you use pal?
I’ve got a Laylax Teflon from yesteryear in mine currently.
It’s no where near as smooth as I’d like.
Type96 only have 1 guide ring so a normal bolt pull and push can be rough if you do it by end of handle only I found.

I found holding close to the base of the handle is smooth normally.
Considering using some super thin plastic to create a rear guide ring as well, help centre and stop it hitting rear sides of receiver.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
Type96 only have 1 guide ring so a normal bolt pull and push can be rough if you do it by end of handle only I found.

I found holding close to the base of the handle is smooth normally.
Considering using some super thin plastic to create a rear guide ring as well, help centre and stop it hitting rear sides of receiver.
there is definitely grinding external of the cylinder against the receiver.
I think it may be the piston too tight if a tolerance against the inner diameter of the cylinder or needs a lot more lubrication.

I’ll do some testing and see what happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had all AP internals.
Trigger, spring guide, cylinder, nozzle, piston.

I honestly can not remember if i had 1 or two gliderings. But i had remember exactly tjatbtje bolt pull and return was smooth as butter.

Same time my ssg24 and ssg10 were not nearly as good.
Now i use orange glides on ssg24 and thats good now.
Tje ssg10a2 was awful.. Grinding like hell. Sanded the cylinder wall and uses dremel on the spring guide to get it reasonably good.

L96 i had needed none of the above. No glides or sanding.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I had all AP internals.
Trigger, spring guide, cylinder, nozzle, piston.

I honestly can not remember if i had 1 or two gliderings. But i had remember exactly tjatbtje bolt pull and return was smooth as butter.

Same time my ssg24 and ssg10 were not nearly as good.
Now i use orange glides on ssg24 and thats good now.
Tje ssg10a2 was awful.. Grinding like hell. Sanded the cylinder wall and uses dremel on the spring guide to get it reasonably good.

L96 i had needed none of the above. No glides or sanding.
see I only have one glide ring on my T11 and that’s smooth as butter on the push/return, literally falls back to the hop unit unassisted.
Whereas my Maruzen is smooth on the pull(ish) but I HAVE to push it back in with a little force.
Great little workout though haha.

I’m sure I’ll figure it out.
Maybe get my bud to 3D print some glide rings.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I thought the AA one was blue!
At least mine is for the Type 96 and for the record, it wipes the floor with the Stock and AP units.
Haven't tried PDI's but a fellow forum user has recently upgraded from PDI to AA and found the airseal much better.
Sorry, I was thinking the L96 one but the red VSR-10 one was what I ended up saying lol.

But yeah, AA is probably the best.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
Sorry, I was thinking the L96 one but the red VSR-10 one was what I ended up saying lol.

But yeah, AA is probably the best.
We all make mistakes in the heat of passion

·
Registered
317 Posts
see I only have one glide ring on my T11 and that’s smooth as butter on the push/return, literally falls back to the hop unit unassisted.
Whereas my Maruzen is smooth on the pull(ish) but I HAVE to push it back in with a little force.
Great little workout though haha.

I’m sure I’ll figure it out.
Maybe get my bud to 3D print some glide rings.
If friction is only one way could be piston needs some grease

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Or the spring guide or piston is dragging inside the cylinder, so the hole or notch in the sgs could have to be lowered, or you'd need fresh guide rings on the piston.

Just take a look inside your cylinder towards the rear and look for some scraping.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
The latter seems more likely as I’ve greased up that cylinder more than a road side Diners Sunday special

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spend the extra money for the AA chamber. The AP chamber is decent at best, but not ideal. I had one and it did not hold a seal properly
Labas :D
Ar galėtum parekomenduoti AEG M4 replikų už +-200eur iš Taiwangun? Pats jau kurį laiką ieškau, tačiau be patirties sunku išsirinkti patikimą ginkla, labai pagelbėtum!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts