Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

any guns that look like well mb05?

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  hidden187 
#1 ·
this has been posted by me already but not sure it was in the right place so.... :-/

Okay im new here and i am going to be starting airsoft. I really like the well mb05, but ive heard alot of bad things about well rifles? so are there any other rifles that have the same stock but are better rifles???
i dont have a big budget tho, but i can save up...
thanks everyone... :)

#2 ·
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=175

Start here man .... it will make things a lot easier on yourself.

And what kind do you like? Do you like the normal looking rifle stock, do you like a thumbhole stock, or do you like a more of a tactical looking stock?

The only other rifle that looks like that would be the Mauser one. But that is about the same as that one.

If you are just starting out it would be better to start off with an AEG and see how you like it. Because going with a sniper rifle is very VERY expensive. I have well over $1K in my one rifle alone.

But if you really do want to get into the the sniping side of things take a look at the UTG MK96, Bar10, or the ASGI 700.

#3 ·
Ok, I looked around and I only could find 2 other companies that make it and honestly I'm not sure whether or not they are the same company ???. I have a link to the one made by Mauser below but I could not find any links for a supposed Maruzen version. Make sure you ask someone about these before buying because I have no personal experience with any of them to share.

Mauser
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/56791.htm

Expensive and sold out on this website but you can either search some other airsoft sites or ebay for it. At least you now have another company name to search for. Good luck and hope this helps :).

EDIT: P.S. Fallow Woogie's advice first and then read mine if your still determined to find that exact gun and are ready to throw A LOT of money into it.

#4 ·
The Mauser Recon has linked is way overpriced. My friend had one, and it sucked. You would be better off going with a different rifle. For the price, you can do alot more things with the UTG mk96, or the bar 10 like Woogie stated. Easy to upgrade with tons of guides meant for those rifles in particular.

But if you really like the look and do not mind putting in a few "unnecessary" bucks (itleast thats my opinion), then go for it.

Also, dude, do not post the same thing in two different threads. This question is bad enough alone, but to post it twice??

-1 from me as well. Please read the rules, and come back with any serious questions if you may have them. But try searching first. You would be surprised how well it works ;)

This site=full of awesome information.

#5 ·
yeah... I would give you a -1 too... but at this point its like beating a dead horse...

as far as the gun is concerned, the MB05 is a really cheap version of the APSII in terms of components. If you like the look of that, then I would find a compatible system and just find a cheap MB05 stock and throw it on.

I have an ASR that also runs APSII parts, and for me it has been a nightmare finding APSII parts anywhere, even online, only a few people carry them. so think down the road a bit and decide how much you are going to want to upgrade and factor in the aftermarket availability of everything.

#7 ·
MB05s are just like L96 clones. They aren't the best but they are decent for beginners. If you upgrade one just like a clone l96 it will perform the same. But, they are kinda junk rifles just like all the other spring sniper rifle clones out there, I don't think any of us would recommend one.

But if you do want an MBO5...

Well all the MB05 type rifles are just re-brands of the Well MB05. The MB05 is just a clone l96 with a fancy stock. So, it doesn't matter which one you get, just find the best deal.

Most clone guns are hit or miss anyway. Lemons are not as common as you think, but they do occur at a frequency that will make you scared to buy one.

The only thing you need to do to make the gun last with the utg power upgrade kit, if you choose to get it, is to reinforce the trigger box with some epoxy in key places. I don't have the link to the thread but it's on the forum somewhere ( Edit: I found it http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1246 go to the shredders link in one of the posts it'll have a picture in it that shows what to reinforce just scroll down until you find it) . The kit is not the best, but it is decent if you grease the parts enough and make sure you get good compression. You should get 530+plus out of the upgrade. You can also do the diy upgrades just follow the ones for l96 clones and adapt the stock fixes to your mbo5.
But that's a whole other story.

And don't get a JG bar-10 they are even worse.

#8 ·
Vampyre (Immortal) said:
MB05s are just like L96 clones. They aren't the best but they are decent for beginners. If you upgrade one just like a clone l96 it will perform the same. But, they are kinda junk rifles just like all the other spring sniper rifle clones out there, I don't think any of us would recommend one.

But if you do want an MBO5...

Well all the MB05 type rifles are just re-brands of the Well MB05. The MB05 is just a clone l96 with a fancy stock. So, it doesn't matter which one you get, just find the best deal.

Most clone guns are hit or miss anyway. Lemons are not as common as you think, but they do occur at a frequency that will make you scared to buy one.

The only thing you need to do to make the gun last with the utg power upgrade kit, if you choose to get it, is to reinforce the trigger box with some epoxy in key places. I don't have the link to the thread but it's on the forum somewhere ( Edit: I found it http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1246 go to the shredders link in one of the posts it'll have a picture in it that shows what to reinforce just scroll down until you find it) . The kit is not the best, but it is decent if you grease the parts enough and make sure you get good compression. You should get 530+plus out of the upgrade. You can also do the diy upgrades just follow the ones for l96 clones and adapt the stock fixes to your mbo5.
But that's a whole other story.

http://miairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=spring&action=display&thread=33728

Read through the entire thread I have linked. There are upgrades and then there are UTG upgrades.

There is a reason Vamp for our discussion over at MIA. We thought you got the message. If you did not, o well. But don't start posting that crap again.

Its not just the trigger box that needs to be reinforced. Its every piece. Sure, you might get the trigger box to hold up. But what about the cylinder? Even the spring guide and piston could break because they are crappy metal. Why do you think people spend lots of money on their rifles? They do not just do it to do it. If we all could get 550 fps with some crappy parts and expect it to last, I would do it. But it wont. Plain and simple.

What? The bar10 is by far the easiest base for upgrading. There are so many parts for the vsr-10 out there. Unlike many l96 parts, the vsr-10 parts are in stock in numerous places. If I were to go to airsoft atlanta right now, I could buy over $1200 worth of upgrades and accessories for a bar 10.

Sure a bar10 is not very good stock, but neither is the mk96, mb05, etc. etc. They are clones for crying out loud.

#9 ·
I guess your right. But, still that utg upgrade kit could be used after reinforcement upgrades are made. Like say someone just upgraded everything in a new l86 and they don't have the last 300+ dollars to get a new cylinder setup, they could get the upgrade to allow them to save up the extra cash to get the top of the line lylax or pdi parts. The link that I posted had a guy that reinforced the trigger box with epoxy and has a 550fps setup and it has been lasting him a long time. Anyway even if the utg upgrade is made of pot metal it's still holding up fine, I'm actually thinking it could be a more pure and stronger aluminum alloy. But, I really don't want to argue about it either.

I am just one person with one experience with the rifle and the parts. I haven't been playing long enough to get the same awareness of what parts work for people and what ones don't. I cannot assume that since my experience was good everyone else's experience with it will also be good. I can say the MB05 and the utg upgrade kit has performed great, but I can't speak for anyone else and your individual experience could be different (for better or worse I cannot say). I am not saying I lack knowledge of the subject I am just not aware of the general consensus of other people's opinions.

The JG bar-10s are much worse stock. I do not know if he even wants to do upgrades. Sure there's a lot of parts for them but you have to replace almost everything for it to be even usable.
With those guns anything that is stock breaks and it's not fun to have a rickety gun and then blowing $1200 on it. A stock L96 clone will last you 3+years generally and a stock bar-10 clone will last less than a year befor the sears break. Two of my friends had bar-10s and they both broke because the are crap when they are stock.

#10 ·
Two of my friends used mk96s and their trigger boxes broke after around 300 shots put through them. Clones have really shitty parts. If you expect any clone to last, itleast upgrade the sears. Thats a given for any clone rifle right from the start.

Unless you get lucky or do some modding, expect a clones trigger box, sears, etc to break quickly as they are the first to go.

#12 ·
^ So true. However when you buy the better made stock ones there are usually fewer quality check problems you have to fix, and the stocks and metal quality are better.

So really your spending and extra $200-300 just to save yourself a bit of do it yourself work.

So if you plan on upgrading the entire thing to make it truly the best gun it can be save some money and go with a clone. If you just want to buy a rifle that will be moderately good compared to everyone else's right out of the box save some money and buy the non-clone. Just remember that if you do decide to take the upgrade route you will probably spend over $1000 and you will have to do the majority of them at the same time. ;)

Good luck!

#14 ·
If you are getting the UTG rifle it should work as I believe there are threads inside the inner barrel. If not just sand down the threads a little and JB weld that sucker in there.

Both the UTG and BAR10 are very easy to upgrade. And buy the clone if you are going to upgrade everything.... as you dont' gain anything if you buy the true rifle. I saved myself $300 by getting the clone rifle. I used that to get a trigger mech and half of the cylinder set.

#15 ·
The links are not working for me, but based on woogies post, I believe you are looking for a threaded adapter for the UTG mk96? I apologize if I am wrong here. Hard without seeing the links myself.

If so, go to shortyusa.com. They have a polar star threaded adapter MEANT for the UTG mk96. I have heard that the laylax one was not compatible, so save yourself some time and just get the Polar star adapter. I would link it myself, but shortyusa has a weird thing going where it just goes to the homepage.

Go to accessories, and look under silencer/adapter I do believe. Its somewhere around there.

#17 ·
Hey!! You guys are messed up making fun of my rig like that. I own a well MB05 so if you have ?'s just ask me. If you are set on the MB05 try airsplat.com they always have it in stock if you want pic's here is my set up
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1344
Also a comment on the upgrades, everyone here should know by now that when ever you by any airsoft gun and you want to make it bada$$ you have to spend a little money for it. It is all about your commitment to the project at hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.