Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a KC02 in the future, and one of my first upgrades would be an HPA adaptor. I've always been deterred from HPA because it's so darn expensive. But it looks like Amazon has many various parts for cheaper prices. They have tanks for $50, regulators for under $50, etc. Any experience with these? Would a 3k tank work alright?

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
All of that would be great, but it's really worth the extra money to buy a Polarstar MR or MRS regulator as I've had others as well as cheaper ones.

They tend to creep in pressure, and one time I stuck a BB in a piece of wood because the cheap regulator creeped a lot.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tanks are fine since they are all certified up to a certain level. Regulators are not. Like Silicone said, invest the money in at least a half decent regulator. Something like even a first generation Ninja LPR would go a long ways further than a corner-cut $50 reg.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Some things you can skimp out on. Some you don't. Regulators are where you spend your coin. Those drive your consistency and fps.

You can use 13/3000 tanks just fine. The amount of shots you get out of them depend on the system and tuning. You can get 5 13/3k tanks for the price of 1 68/4.5k. (Depending on brand)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If you're looking for a reliable platform at a lower price, the best bet is always the Amped SLP kit. They run the most tried and true industrial regulator, a SLP tank (SLP = super low pressure, simply means the tank's output is 300PSI instead of the typical 800, so it can work with that reg), and the line.

And yeah, I'd put that regulator against any of the fancy brand ones any day. It's extremely precise and has an incredibly fast recharge rate.

A 48/3000 tank is certainly more than enough, will provide several thousand rounds out of any HPA gun. It's a bulky setup, but flipping the reg upside down greatly reduces the footprint.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I second Dimitri, the Amped one is very popular for a good reason, you can buy any part if it breaks (which is extremely rare) and they simply don't suck.

My old Redline SFR on the other hand sucked a ton, the thing would raise and lower the PSI whenever it felt like it, and the huge screw design would make lots of aluminum dust which got everywhere.
The FPS consistency was obviously quite bad, but the recharge rate was also surprisingly bad.
I got my Polarstar MRS a week before I sold the SFR and did some comparison testing.
The MRS was a clear winner in FPS consistency on my sniper as well as recharge rate on my flamethrower, so I would definitely suggest the MRS if you want a compact reg with awesome performance.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
They are usually good, but get this one

I've had a ton and this isn't the nicest, but it's nearly as nice as the one I accidentally combusted some solvent in, and I can't find that one available anywhere.
I've been using this one for maybe 6 months and can't find any complaints, just take it completely apart when you buy it and make sure to clean and re grease everything with decent silicone grease.
Also, there is a really small tube inside of the medium tube, and that are should be 50-99% full of water, but these pumps rarely have any water so make sure to fill it if you actually intend to do more than 20 strokes.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just thought I'd mention, I've been hearing some negative things about the regulator being junk. Any confirmation?
The regulator is top quality. Extremely fast refresh rate, super precise, reliable, durable, and the easiest maintenance ever. There's a reason why all the guys at Amped run it in their own setups, despite having much pricier options at hand's reach.

I've used many regulators over the years and that one has been the best by miles, despite being the cheapest. And it's widely used in applications where you literally have a massive production line and even your life depending on it, not just a good/bad day at the make-believe war.

If anyone speaks badly about it, it's simply because they can't deal with the fact that they payed a much higher price for a fancy brand name in a lesser product.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.