Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(This post is a little more focused on the TAC 338s, so please don't flip out at me for posting another post about M40A5s (I understand there are quite a few M40A5 posts out there))

Been looking around for a TAC 338, preferably a spring powered one, however, after hours and hours (if not decades) I've yet to come across any (so at the moment, I'll settle for gas too really). So I've decided to KINDA settle for a M40A5. However, once again after some research I found that Tanaka and Sun Project(?) are the only two manufactures that seem to make em'. And after looking around this place and a few other review sites, it seems that both the manufactures are actually rather over priced and not quite the best quality.

So my MAIN question is...
1. Does anybody know anything about any TAC 338s that I've missed? If not by any off chance, does anybody know anything about one of em' popping out at some point?
With that...
2. If Tanaka and Sun Project(?) are the only two manufactures for M40A5s, are they really worth investing into. If not, could you please recommend me something that has a similar look to the M40A5s that is worth investing into?

By the way, (long story short) I need to wait approximately a year before I can carry a rifle that runs 420fps - 550fps due to club rules.
Also, I am slightly tight on budget, and I understand, after lots of interrogations of other snipers/bolt action players from my club and other places, that I'ma be looking around $1000NZD for a 'decent' set up for the rifle (just to upgrade/repair for it to actually work), buuut I thought, if I'ma be aiming for $1000NZD, I might as try and get the one that's going to be REASONABLY sound from the get go.

Any answers/comments to either one of those questions would be amazing. Both would be a life saver.
(Thanks for taking your time to read that essay, sorry)

·
Registered
35 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.