Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been playing airsoft for about 3 years now and not to toot my own horn, but I've found that I am exceptionally skilled at long range combat and have engaged enemies from more than 130 feet away with no upgrades. I've been rocking a echo stag 15 dmr and decided I wanted a change of pace in airsofting, something a little more light weight and stealthy. For a while I thought about a recon class, but that again was too personal of a roll, so I decided to try out my friends sniper rifle. I went in not expecting much, but there was nothing more rewarding than bringing the hurt to unsuspecting victims.

Anyway, back to the purpose of this post. Since I am relatively new to sniping, I was thinking of getting the APS (or hakkotsu) M40A3. I've heard it comes with a already installed tightbore which is perfect for me since I know zilch about upgrades. Also the magazine is the right size, and in the right area, which means it can hold 45 bb's and it has a longer inner barrel than say the VSR or BAR. I know that it is inevitable that i need an fps upgrade (stock is about 380 and I want it at about 500), but I would like some feedback from anybody if they have the gun. I would like to leave you with a parting quote: "Professionals have standards: be polite, be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet!"

·
Registered
322 Posts
Please make an intro post, forum rules.

I would suggest getting a bar 10 because they are relatively cheap and highly up gradable. Look at some DIY mods (TDC, Teflon, ect.). Look at some of the posts on the forum. I know when I stated out sniping it helped me a lot.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hello Blash. I would recommend you to stay away from the APS, as they have weird internals (therefore would be a pita to upgrade) and don't even look like a M40A3 anyway. The "pre-installed tightbore barrel" might sound tempting, but a tight bore doesn't say anything about the precision, as materials, bore consistency, etc are way more important than the advertised inner diameter. Also the longer inner barrel doesn't mean more precise either, and anyway the magazine placement don't make the gun have a longer barrel, as the BBs are pushed in a ramp to the standard spring bolt action sniper rifle chamber placement.

If you are looking for precision, you should first understand what makes for a great hop up unit (which makes 80% of the precision), and which barrels are the best options. Then you can choose a gun adequate for your style and preferences, between a couple of candidate guns.

Being your first sniper rifle, I would suggest getting a VSR (or a good clone) or a classic L96 (i.e. Well's MB08), as those are the most used and proven platforms, with tons of upgrades to choose from. If you are on a budget, A&K M24s are imho the best low cost sniper ever, as it can perform just like thousand-dollars upgraded guns, with just a couple of DIY mods.

But as I said, read a lot first, make sure you understand what really makes for a precise airsoft gun, and how can you achieve it with some popular platforms, and only then choose what gun to buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts