Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, one of my Airsoft buddies has recently been salivating over the idea of long range combat. I have managed to steer him away from the idea of a BASR (he is a doorkicker, not a sniper), but have not entirely (thank goodness), deterred him from the idea of getting a DMR. He has already bought his base gun, as can be found here: APS Silver Edge Gearbox Full Metal 12.5" M4 Airsoft AEG Rifle, Airsoft Guns, Airsoft Electric Rifles, APS - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore . He now has no idea what to do. I have forced him to read the Holy Grail to Your DMR AEG, but he still has no idea what to do... :ashamed::ashamed::ashamed:. So, I have taken it into my own hands to build this DMR for him. He needs some recommendations on parts, so anything in that area would be wonderful. I have some of the basics covered, I.E. Prommy 455mm 6.03, Prowin Hopup with Flat-Hop, Systema spring (just don't know what measurement yet, he is waffling 410, and 430fps), and large quantities of teflon tape :hehe:. What I also would like to know, is there anything I should be worried about due to the EBB function? Any unforeseen snags? Any delicate things that can be easily destroyed, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Am I right in thinking that everybody hates APS' AEGs?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never said he made a good choice, I just said it was his choice:hehe:.

Reactions: csakip

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still looking for any info. Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still need advice... Getting kinda anxious now... Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Am I right in thinking that everybody hates APS' AEGs?
I love my APS UAR, didn't like the lose axel on the bevel gear though. :p
For the rest it has a very fine stock v3 gearbox.

Anyway, on topic, disconnect the EBB, check the gb for any faults, get a high torque motor, a M120, and all the mods form The Holy Grail but instead of(where used) teflon tape use silicone sealant.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right, thanks! I'll look out for the fragile EBB system then. I figured that an m120 or equivalent spring would be the best, but it's good to have that confirmed. Thanks for the tip about the silicone sealant! As for the mods, my friend really needs to learn to tech, so I'm gonna let him do some of those, as, after all, they are the fun part!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts