Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all w

Trying to find the optimum l96 build for 2.3j and I'm having trouble with getting info on using 0.43g bbs with the type96 platform.

I am working off the existing vsr cylinder barrel ratio's it seems the l96 is always one measurement length longer than a vsr ( based on a .40g working with 500mm on a l96 but on a 470mm on a vsr)

So with that in mind would a 469/470mm barrel work "best" with 0.43g bbs.

The barrel will most likely be a 6.02mm ZCI barrel.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I think that I heard that discussed as pretty much optimal for the .4/.43 range.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't have any super helpful advice, but what are the dimensions of your cylinder (the internal swept volume specifically)?

I do wonder if a long thin cylinder or short fat one would affect the ratios required, I'm not sure how it would, but I've been speculating over it a lot.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'd go with 470mm for .36g-.45g BBs in a cylinder of that type.

For cylinder geometry, I have heard that short and wide is less efficient as there is more surface area to be pressed on creating more resistance, plus a bigger O-ring/seal making minor but more resistance than a smaller one.
And as you would assume, longer and thinner gives less surface area/drag on the piston, and it allows you to use longer barrels if you so desire.
This is why a bicycle tire pump can only do about 150 PSI give or take, while a bicycle shock pump is capable of 600+ PSI, the gauges just never go above 600 and rarely to 600, and the hoses aren't really good past 250, leaving a mystery of the maximum pressure.

This summer I will attempt to make a Precision Pursuits one of a kind rifle that has an extreme bore up cylinder with insane volume, and then a second one with a longer and thinner cylinder to see how that goes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have decided once a ZCI 6.02mm 469mm comes in stock will grab one.

The AirsoftPro gen 3 seems to be performing great from initials tests so might be on the a great budget build.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts