Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my rifle has been falling apart for SOME reason. First the body screw stripped, no the rear screw holding the trigger into place stripped. Both of those are semi-easy fixes. Velcro-and-or-ziptie for the body screw, electrical tape for the trigger.

Problem is now my hop-up wont adjust.

No matter what I do to it, its going skywards after about 100-115ft. I have turned all the way off, I even dropped a spring that shoots around 480-500, and im shooting .4's.

Help ASF, your my only hope.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Rifles do tend to fall apart on you out of the blue. You're still using the PDI chamber in there?

When did this change, and what did you do to the rifle before it did? I doubt this is the kind of thing that just happens spontaneously. You have the grub screws fully tightened in the chamber?

Just need some more info. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going to strip my rifle down again and check out everything. Ressemble the hop-up, clean everything again, make sure the rubber is fine. make sure the nubbin sits correctly.

Yes still using the PDI hop. Thinking about it, when I get the cash, try the Aerochamber.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Hey just wondering if you solved your problem. I installed a pdi hop up into my rifle and with a prometheus bucking and nubbing, and was seeing terrible results. No matter what I do, there is no hop. The gun shoots twenty feet then drops. I have the high arms installed too, and every time I turn for more hop, the cylinder head hits the screws. Even when I twist it alittle, there is no increase in hop. I sent Zulu a pm, but hopefully someone can answer this for me and all the others who have had this trouble.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Did you assemble it correctly? Install all the Orings? Are you using the spring that puts extra pressure on the arms? Most of the problems with the PDI chamber come from poor installation, and improper buckings. Take your bucking out, put in a stock TM or Guarder soft bucking, I had a Prometheus and it was a bag of dog shit. I know others have had poor experiences with them too. Inaccurate as hell and hard to fit in the chamber. Put your stock nubbin back in too, its wider for a reason, make sure it fits properly.

Check and see if you have proper seal, to check for that, put your finger of the barrel and dry fire it. If a lot of compression seems to be missing, you have a problem. Probably improper installation or a torn bucking.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Ok, I read your guide, and I forgot to install the smaller o rings. I am guessing thats a rather big part of the problem. :) Also, I need to get some screws that adjust the hop up because theyre bent. :(

Hopefully, with the help of Livonia's guide, I will solve my pdi hop up problem.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
Ok, I read your guide, and I forgot to install the smaller o rings. I am guessing thats a rather big part of the problem. :) Also, I need to get some screws that adjust the hop up because theyre bent. :(

Hopefully, with the help of Livonia's guide, I will solve my pdi hop up problem.
I've actually had success without the smaller o-ring. I don't remember which rifle, I think my APS II, but it hasn't had that o-ring installed in it since I got the hop up.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
When I was testing with the pdi hop up chamber, I did not have the small o-rings. When I tried adjusting the hop up to use .4s, their was no affect. Same for the .36s that I tried. But when I changed to .28s, I was getting high shots, low shots, and some wild shots. Not only that, but the gun kept jamming (used high quality bbs too). But I still need to try livonia's advice, not to mention, get some screws that adjust the hop up.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
But when I changed to .28s, I was getting high shots, low shots, and some wild shots. Not only that, but the gun kept jamming (used high quality bbs too).
It sounds like youre still using a hard bucking and wrong nubbin. Change it out to a soft and you will be able to feed BB's easier, and they will be consistent. Do not use any of those fancy garbage H nubbins, they put an uneven amount of pressure on the BB. The clear nubbin that comes with the PDI kit works extremely well when seated correctly. It may require minimal trimming off the ends to fit, but it is wider for a reason, so don't take off too much.

And Roman, are you sure you're adjusting it correctly? Screwing them out is more hop, screwing them in is less.

I'm about to make a "Tuned Maruzen Problem Diagnosing" thread soon, all about fixing typical problems with modified rifles.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Actually, my last post was referring to before when I was using the soft prometheus bucking. I was also using a polar star nubbin, but did not put it in correctly. Soon I will buy a guarder bucking which I assume is soft.

For some reason, I did not get a clear nubbin that came with my pdi hop up chamber.

But I will change my bucking to a guarder, install the small orings and need to put the piston and accuracy cup in. All this will make a huge difference. O, and I need to correctly install the spacer (nubbin).

Thanks for the help, and would love to see a tuned maruzen problem diagnosing thread. When I finished mine, I was going to make a thread with tips and frustrating problems I had. But looks like you will take the initiative on that one :) You know more anyways ;)

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Ok, I have some credit to use at airsoft gi. I was looking at the clear guarder, but sounds like a systema would be a good choice from what you said. I was not able to find a tm bucking but I did see a grey systema bucking. Im guessing that would work/fit fine then?

Edit: I Read the description, it says that the systema bucking is only recommended with a systema tightbore barrel. I have a prometheis 6.03. Would it still work?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I had a feeling that was the case :)

That'll solve my feeding issue, now just have to install the small o rings. And I definately do not have the pdi nubbin. What could I use to fill the sides to stabalize the polar star spacer that I will be using in the middle of the chamber? Because the polar star spacer is too small in length. Anything I can use from around the house type thing? If not, Zulu said he could give me a pdi nubbin.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Ok thanks, I'll give her a try, and I need to pick up some filter wire along with a few screws for adjusting the hop up too. And I will have to wait for my new bucking from airsoft gi.

I will post how things go in a little while.

Fuzzy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.