Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Ares AW-388. I purchased a Promy hard-type bucking and I'm looking for a TBB.

I am thinking either buying a 650mm long 6.01mm dia. TBB from Madbul, though I am looking into custom ordering an EDGI TBB direct from the company.

I am looking into a HPA or CO2 rig.

I will probably use it this summer with just green gas/propane and I'll construct the rig in the fall when the weather cools down.

This is going to be my project thread for my rifle so I'll be posting progress on upgrades and other good stuff so I can contribute a nice source of information about the ARES AW-338 on the forums.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Ok Finally after almost a year after I posted the announcement for this project I have finally got around to starting it. So it begins.

Well it turns out when I bought this rifle that it was rather defective. It had a weak hammer spring and would not fire with the any real velocity. That issue should be solved with the replacement spring I bought from Z-Shot. It turns out that the replacement spring they sell is a bit of an upgrade from the stock part as well, which is damn good since I've waited almost 3 months for them to get the part in stock so I can order it.

Z-Shot is the American Distributor of Ares Airsoft. I also ordered an O-ring kit too, always good to have some spares.

The rifle's hop-up unit is compatible with AEG hop-up buckings and barrels. I will be ordering a 650MM long 6.01MM dia. TBB from a local store this Saturday and should get it in a few weeks. When I first disassembled the rifle I found out that the stock barrel is around 500MM and does not utilize all of the external barrel length offered, It is also not a TBB. When I install the new TBB I should see a nice boost in Accuracy, the rifle should also shoot faster and be near the upper end of my states fps limits too.

With the upgraded Power, Accuracy and Range I will be getting due to the parts I am putting into it I should have a really nice field worthy replica when all of this is set and done.

When I get the barrel I am ordering I will then go about putting all of the new parts in. So, expect pictures in a few weeks 'cause I'll have my camera to take pictures of every step in the process. I promise a nice long set of 11.1MP Pictures taken with my Nikon L110. 56K be damned!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.