Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i am looking into my first sniper rifle build. an i am really interested in building a semi-only M14. i really like the ares M14 SOPMOD. what all would you suggest doing to improve accuracy and range immediately? what would you do down the line. i already have a sidearm, what gear does a starting sniper need. as it is, we have a local team that plays a more tactical style play, and I'm looking to help give my team a tactical advantage. whether it be overwatch, Intel or just taking out targets. thanks for any help in advance. -Matt

·
Registered
292 Posts
nethsark993 said:
i actually tried to improve it before i posted, i spell checked and everything.
well I'll be sure to quad-check all of my future posts
LOL, I love this! This should be in someone's signature.

On a serious note. I have had the M60 from Ares, it was nice out of box but parts began to break right off the bat with the suggested "9.6v large" battery. I should've know better. The motor crapped out but I was impressed with the gears and the motor does have a decent amount of torque. Their pistons suck. The externals are nice and over-all, I was pleased with the purchase on the assumption that all AEGs blow in some form or another. The gears held up to a Gaurder SP130-140, 11.1v 4200mah lipo and a Systema magnum motor.

I would consider a Prometheus or KM barrel and a quality soft hopup bucking. I would use 4x optics as a minimum, but I actually like my STAR 4x32mm ACOG. Besides that I would save money for a new piston, bearings and a G&P M160 motor, if you are going to buy over seas. There is a huge thread in the AEG sniper section that you should look at before you start asking a bunch of questions that have most likely covered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it is the thread where someone actually builds a DMR, I have already seen it. I've read through quite a few post before I joined. thanks for the help though. Would you recommend going systema if someone didn't mind shelling the cash? Because I was thinking about going systema and Prometheus. Are there any other companies you suggest, I wanna be right at 450FPS with .36 BBs. or would you recommend a different gun. I've just always liked the feel of the m14.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.