Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcoming my new sniper rifle, so thought i would have a photo shoot and give its own thread to make it feel welcome and good about it's self. Most will say this doesn't deserve it, but do not say that, her feelings can be hurt easy and you do not want to make her mad. I welcome to my family, The Ares M200 Intervention Sniper Rifle

Please enjoy the pictures, Thank you.

The Ares M200 Intervention Sniper Rifle

Sorry for the darker picture, wasn't using my photo booth area, had to set up a quick one, Thanks for looking. You can look, but no touch!

·
Banned
215 Posts
Ares was just trying to go to the extreme and replicate the real one in the performance department. The real steal M200's were nothing but over priced poorly made eye candy, as are these. Spot on replica if you ask me.

Reactions: /\/ewton

·
Banned
215 Posts
Until they started actually going into assembly. Main designer dropped out of the project, and all shit hit the fan. Amount of shitty M200's out there bankrupted Cheytac and caused them to close their doors for good. All types of headspace, trigger, and mag feeding issues. The kind of stuff you love from a 16,000$ rifle.

Remember, just because a man talking in a dramatic hushed voice all the time tells you its the best thing since sliced bread on a tv show, doesn't make it true.

.408 round is a marvelous design, especially with the type of rifling Cheytac had that allowed for the bullet to nose down as it slowed, but they just had way to of sloppy work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
COmment back:

This gun isn't that bad, once you set up, it shoots very nice. Its highly acurate, but low fps. Im going to try and do a spring change and see where that brings me.

For M200's, from what i was reading they were a good proto type and had great results, but once they started doing more and using them they had failers. A lot of snipers just perfer the M24/M110 or the Barret or Tac 50. These are the 4 best snipes in my mind.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
dualglocks said:
COmment back:

This gun isn't that bad, once you set up, it shoots very nice. Its highly acurate, but low fps. Im going to try and do a spring change and see where that brings me.

For M200's, from what i was reading they were a good proto type and had great results, but once they started doing more and using them they had failers. A lot of snipers just perfer the M24/M110 or the Barret or Tac 50. These are the 4 best snipes in my mind.
The barret .416 is better for range, accuracy and damage against their .50cal counterpart. A---ctuaally. And I'd prefer the M40 to the m24 but that's just personal preference. And the m110 is only good at shorter ranges, I'm sure there is better short range systems. I'd try the macmillan with a lighter bullet. FOr example, a .338 lapua is like a tenth the weight of a 50cal round so why carry a tenth of the ammo when you can still engage from a far distance just not as far and have much more ammo.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Wonko The Sane said:
Until they started actually going into assembly. Main designer dropped out of the project, and all shit hit the fan. Amount of shitty M200's out there bankrupted Cheytac and caused them to close their doors for good. All types of headspace, trigger, and mag feeding issues. The kind of stuff you love from a 16,000$ rifle.

Remember, just because a man talking in a dramatic hushed voice all the time tells you its the best thing since sliced bread on a tv show, doesn't make it true.

.408 round is a marvelous design, especially with the type of rifling Cheytac had that allowed for the bullet to nose down as it slowed, but they just had way to of sloppy work.
Yes .408 my bad. Also that's why I presumed and didn't fully beleive. lol. I didn't know that the guns were bad when they went into production, you learn something new everyday.

·
Banned
215 Posts
inthetallgrass said:
The barret .416 is better for range, accuracy and damage against their .50cal counterpart. A---ctuaally. And I'd prefer the M40 to the m24 but that's just personal preference. And the m110 is only good at shorter ranges, I'm sure there is better short range systems. I'd try the macmillan with a lighter bullet. FOr example, a .338 lapua is like a tenth the weight of a 50cal round so why carry a tenth of the ammo when you can still engage from a far distance just not as far and have much more ammo.
That's cute, why do you prefer the M40 over the M24? Personal experience with the two, or are we just basing are judgment on a Tanaka and a Tanaka/CA/Echo1/Javelin comparison and looks? M110 only good at shorter ranges? That's nonsense. They are still .308 like the older current bolt actions, still can group <,5MOA, and have no problem getting a minute of chest spread at a thousand. Semi-auto's of today have no problem out performing bolt actions of 10-20-30-40 years ago.

If you're reading this, then I have decided to go ahead and post this reply, even after knowing how severely off topic it is. Just know this... I thought long and hard about doing what I shouldn't do, and did what I shouldn't of done. ::)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Wonko The Sane said:
inthetallgrass said:
That's cute, why do you prefer the M40 over the M24? Personal experience with the two, or are we just basing are judgment on a Tanaka and a Tanaka/CA/Echo1/Javelin comparison and looks? M110 only good at shorter ranges? That's nonsense. They are still .308 like the older current bolt actions, still can group <,5MOA, and have no problem getting a minute of chest spread at a thousand. Semi-auto's of today have no problem out performing bolt actions of 10-20-30-40 years ago.

If you're reading this, then I have decided to go ahead and post this reply, even after knowing how severely off topic it is. Just know this... I thought long and hard about doing what I shouldn't do, and did what I shouldn't of done. ::)
I have no knowledge of the pros and cons of an m24 and an m40. I just prefer the m40 on looks for some reason.

Also The m110 is .308 while the others can chamber a .338 which IMO seems to be much better for accuracy and range. The .308 m110 is handy however because it is lighter and can be used effectively at shorter ranges. I was going along the general thought that semi autos aren't as accurate as a bolt action. And no that is not that game cod talking, I hate that game, it is actually coming from my uncle.

I probably don't know half as much on RS guns then you Wonko but I do know my fair share. Anyway they are just my IMO.

Oh BTW my uncle has a tikka T3 tactical with an L96 stock, a beretta xtreme 12-shot semi-shotgun and a new .308 gun which I have not seen. He has fired in his friends gunshop and M4, many pistols and severeal sniper rifle which he didn't name but they were chambered between .223 and .338 or a similar round.

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
Back on the subject...
I've only used the gas bolt, the fps are good but the consistency and accuracy [email protected] at 50m it's good but after 70-75m you can't get decent results. You need alot of to spend much time tuning it and then you won't get , let's say the accuracy of a tuned VSR. There's room for improvements but there are no upgrade parts for it. I've changed on mine the hop up bucking and the inner barrel. I've changed all the mag o-ring as time after time all start to leak but at least now it's fixed.

Wolf

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
They are much to large for any real play. You are not going to pick this thing up and run around with it. You need it to be able to spit the bb's out to a great range with her. More or less you have a very nice display piece.

You could always just run the gas mag, and tap them ;)

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
I've skirmished with the SG Barrett(before I dismantle it!!) , the weight it's not a problem but either way accuracy is a problem, I don't want to tap the mag but this could improve dramatically the accuracy.

Wolf

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.