Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.airsoft2day.com/component/content/article/2-airsoft-news/675-shot-show-systemaz-shot-booth.html

^original article.

Found this while searching the news.. Any idea on how this would work or look?

ARES M40 Stock Bedding Service

ARES announced a new service which will be avaliable in mid-2012. The "Stock Bedding Service" is done by ARES themselves, and they remove the firearm action (reciever/bolt/barrel) of their M40 variant sniper rifle replica and put it into a real-steel, real firearms manufacturer stock of your choice. You pay for the cost of the stock in addition to the bedding service which can vary from 50-300 USD$, depending on if ARES has to cut into the steel bedding of the real rifle stock to fit your M40 action into it. If ARES does not have a rifle stock you are looking for, the owner can tell ARES what rifle they want and they will order it from the manufacturer. Examples of stock prices are:

·
Registered
909 Posts
It would be way cheaper just to buy a stock and use a dremel for modification. I agree with bob that the bedding is pretty pointless in airsoft.

Awesome find though! I've been wanting a company to make an M40A5 forever! It's also saying that the rifle is only $240.

·
Administrator
6,266 Posts
Plus the desired stock!!
I've want the M40A3 for ages but I aint goint to have them do that!!
Has anyone of you tried theis custome support?? Well I have, I want some spare parts for my DSR1 and all I've got so far is that they have the parts and I can buy the parts from them directly.
I'd preffer to do that on my own... As I can with any gun and any stock now!!
I don't say I've done it, but it's possible. I'm thinking of the money on a McMillan stock .... nothing more, I always invest the money on something else than a single stock!
Also how much will they cost their services.... Cause I don't think it will be for free!

Wolf

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wesley810 you are right, you can (or will be able to) buy the ARES M40A5 for $240.
It's only if you want a real McMillan stock for your ARES M40 receiver that you add the extra $600-$700 + the "bedding service".
It's daft calling it a bedding service, It's really just a inletting service.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Found more here

....Man concluded the interview with a clarification of Ares' new Bedding Service, emphasizing that it consists of so much more than stock fitting. The custom sniper rifle service will be based around the new spring-powered Remington 700 action. The action will be available in die-cast form for about 200 USD and steel for 200-1000 USD. Aside from choosing any real firearms manufacturer stock and having Ares bed the airsoft action, enthusiasts will be able to change any portion of their replica, with Ares having access to PDI and other quality brand aftermarket parts. Changes such as different bolt handles, cylinder kits, flutted outter barrels, tight bore inner barrels, barrel spacers, custom muzzle brakes, and more can be expected from this service.

http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/691-airsoft2day-interview-with-ceo-of-ares.html#ixzz1l45Y1YKV

Edit:
So basically they will allow you to buy a rifle with all its aftermarket PDI parts plus a lot of external goodies. Buy a rifle and have it set ready to shoot what you want it to shoot right out of the box.

·
Administrator
6,266 Posts
I prefer upgrading my own guns...
But I hope this will work cause their customer service is really non existent!!
I ask for a couple of pins and they haven't reply yet!
I don't want to be in the place of someone who has ordered a full custom gun that will worth well over $1K!!

But that's just me....

Wolf

·
Registered
909 Posts
I just think the experience of upgrading your own gun is better to have. It would probably save you some money and you can do the DIY mods. This may be good for somebody that just doesn't have a lot of time, but I just don't see many people doing this.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
There is no point in bedding an airsoft rifle.

This is just a gimmick and I am sure many people are going to fall for it, and you are still going to have to do your own tweaks to make the rifle how you want.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.