Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I've been looking on the forum and I've noticed how many people would like a M40. Well then Good new is Ares is coming out with one this May. According to them the internals will be VSR compatible and its going to run Under $200. So for those who were interested in getting a M40 the wait is soon to be over.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There's a video already with bob the axe man on airsoft gi. Seems alright, very one to one looking. Body that comes with it is Kinda cheap looking, but the bedding kit should fix that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There doing some sort of custom orders on it where you can decide what you make the stock out of you can have it range from crappy plastic to fiber glass which they use for the real stock. Also they used the molds of the real firearms for the airsoft body.

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
As Woogie noticed they copied the TM L96 system.

I was thinking to buy a real McMillan A4 stock (pay the $700 and wait for 4 months) but with the Ares version coming in a few months and costing only $200 I can buy 3 if I screw up!

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
Hey have you tried to contact Ares lately??

Well I have and I'm keep sending mails (one or twice a week) since last November!!
Imagine to pay for the gun and stock and then not hear from them!
And think I want just the round base for one of the bipod legs of my DSR-1!

I would never asked them to do any custom job! I would take forever....!

Wolf

·
Registered
909 Posts
the3rdeye88 said:
I am very curious about these. If they don't turn out to be crappy I might pick one up. But I want to wait for other people to buy them first and start doing some reviews.
Don't worry, once they hit evike, there will be a ton of newbs making crappy, low quality reviews on youtube. I think it would be worth it to wait for them though, just in case the rifle has any problems.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I like the fact that the mag is in the correct location. I don't know anything about springers, but the VSR seems to be a very popular and proven platform. And as long as the stock isn't brittle like that other m40 out there. I think I might pick up a boneyard or possibly break down and buy a new one as long as they aren't complete trash.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.