Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Who has a better feeding system (please explain below)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting to inquire what you guys as a community think is more effective as far as feeding systems go.

ARES MCM700X: The actual (let's call it) external magazine. Apparently this feeding system requires the magazine to be fully loaded or it will not feed properly.

VFC M40A3: Has a (let's call it) internal magazine. To me this is unappealing and unrealistic but there is no feeding issue if you do not load it correctly but from my understanding it is hard to do a magazine change.

As far as internals go I'm going to be replacing it with the Novritsch tuning kit so I'm not really worried about that. However, externals parts such as the external barrel and charging handle do matter. So, feedback and recommendations are much welcome in that respect.

In all, I'm seeing what you guys think is the best as far as loading system and external parts. Not really worried about internals.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Im just wondering if you have your heart set on the ASG or Ares m40
for your budget
$300 for gun $440 for upgrades
thats $740
for that price you could go a vsr-10 route

Jg bar 10 - $120-145 depending on model (evike)
Model works m40 stock $200 (evike)
AA trigger set $145 eBay
AA barrel $36 amazon
AA hop up $55 wgc
AA spring guide $22 eBay
Maple leaf bucking $9 evike
Maple leaf nub $6 evike
AA cylinder if you want $80 eBay

total $667

shipping and discounts factored now
evike cart $279shipped
wgc $80 shipped
eBay all together $247 shipped
amazon shipped $36

total shipped $642

then you can throw in a scope, extra mag whatever else you want
and cheaper than the asg and ares

that will give you a top of the line vsr 10 which is a tried and proven rifle

but that is just my suggestion do what you want

·
Registered
935 Posts
I would second going with a VSR10, but if you are set on one of your mentioned rifles, I vote for the ARES.

The reason for my vote is that the ARES mag system does not use a loading fin like the VFC. In my experience, loading fins are simply horrible. If you watched Novritsch's review of the VFC m40a3, it jammed on him during the shooting test. Not a good sign. On the other hand, I know that the Ares loading system just uses a feeding tube that guides the bb's up into the chamber. It uses the spring from the magazine to push the bb's through rather than using a fin to press individual bb's up at a time. The downside to the Ares system is as you stated. There needs to be BB's in the tube and in the magazine otherwise there won't be enough pressure to move the BB's up the track. My MSR has the exact same thing. The way I get around it is that I pre-load 20 bb's into the magazine, load it in, let the bb's shoot into the tube, take the magazine back out, and then load the magazine to capacity. Kind of annoying, but it's all pre-game prep so it doesn't really matter. I don't find myself going through more than one magazine in a match anyways.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Can't believe I didn't think of converting a VSR10. I know we could talk about the VSR10 all day, but simply how good is the feeding system on the VSR10?
VSR10 feeding systems are generally superior to both feeding systems in the mcm700 and vfc m40a3 due to the simplicity of the system. The only adjustment you will need to do (assuming you buy the AA chamber) is to move the BB stoppers within the hop up chamber. After those are properly placed, you should not have issues from then on out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VSR10 feeding systems are generally superior to both feeding systems in the mcm700 and vfc m40a3 due to the simplicity of the system. The only adjustment you will need to do (assuming you buy the AA chamber) is to move the BB stoppers within the hop up chamber. After those are properly placed, you should not have issues from then on out.
I figured as much. They are both very complicated as far as a standard feeding system goes I just don't like that it doesn't have a real magazine.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I figured as much. They are both very complicated as far as a standard feeding system goes I just don't like that it doesn't have a real magazine.
well if that is what you want/need get a gas rifle.
the feeding system is simple (no ramp and shit like that) and it got a "real" looking mag plcement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.