Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods, feel free to move this if you feel it goes in the "Other Rifles", justthought it may get more answers in teh general section. i'm working on a plan for an HPA rigged rifle and wondered about anyone's experience with an Ares MSR-005 IMini-Hectate .338). I have a few reasons for my interest in this platform...I will never be able to own a real one (have a Remington 700) and I just think it's sexy! So, could this platform yield an HPA monster tack driver with some work?

·
Registered
909 Posts
There usually aren't too many upgrades for Ares rifles. Usually, they are compatible with an AEG bucking/barrel, but that's it. I'd recommend the HPA rig and then buy the CO2 magazine so you can get the stronger striker spring (unless you can get one made for cheaper).

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thanks thrat's all good info. The CO2 mag was another interesting feature of the Ares.
I would really hate spending all the money for that mag just to use the striker spring though. I'm not sure if anybody can, but maybe a machinist could just make you a stiffer spring. I do think you could get around 500 FPS or so with the stock spring and some high PSI. I'm not sure if a spring spacer would even be possible for a striker spring.

Other than that, once you get a nice barrel and a decent bucking, you should be good. Maybe a little hop-up work if possible (look up the R-Hop) there's a guy on here named 'Cheese Man' that you can pay to do it if you don't know how. Honestly, I'd just keep a decently low FPS and run an ER-Hop with heavy bbs. It will perform great if tuned properly!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE:

Thanks for the info. I am currently running Rhops in 2 AEG and my M24 spring gun they do make a world of difference! I will have to do some research to understand the striker spring possible issues and comments...If I can see an exploded view i can probably understand how the mechanism works.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am currently running Rhops in 2 AEG and my M24 spring gun they do make a world of difference! I will have to do some research to understand the striker spring possible issues and comments...If I can see an exploded view i can probably understand how the mechanism works.
It should be similar to the bolt in the Ares DSR-1 that I owned. You can unscrew the bolt and the striker spring will be in there (it's pretty short). Even if you can't get a stiffer one, you can still get the rifle up to a decent FPS. The super high FPS isn't needed for an ER-Hop either. Best of luck to you!

Also, that is a very badass looking rifle; I'm jealous.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jealous

Don't be jealous yet. I'm still working on planning and funding. There is also a real steel project and completing a long(ish) range aeg in the queue before the Ares unless i can find a really awesome deal on one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.