Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm an airsoft player from Argentina, so excuse my bad English.

The thing is I bought this gun: ARES Tavor TAR-21 AEG (Rail Version / BK).

I want to turn it into a DMR, which in my country is limited up to 500FPS, so I would like to push it to that limit, at least between 490 and 500 if possible.

I've been reading and watching many reviews about this gun, most mention the unique GB that it has so I'm not sure what to buy and what version of that part.

So here's the big question: what parts should I change to take my Ares Tavor to 490-500 FPS? if you could post links to those parts that would be great too.

Also the barrel length: I have read that the short version (the one with the MARS red dot) has a 407mm barrel, does anybody know what's the length of this version? should I change it?

I wanted to put a silencer too, which one fits the TAR that you could recommend?

Thanks a lot for you help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are just looking for more fps, you just need a heavier spring. I recommend working with the other parts before going with a heavier spring. Do you know what version the gearbox is? That would decide what parts fit in the gun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont want to change the spring only because I could break the other parts. The gearbox its a version 6 in every part but with a few diferences:
-has a quick sping release
-the hop up is attached to the gearbox.
-has a unique cylinder head (source:
at 1:14)

So, I think any v6 GB part would fit it, now I need to know which parts and of what brand do I need to change to achieve 500fps and have decent accuracy and grouping (hop up and inner barrel upgrades).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.