Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Art of the Precision Airsoft Rifle and the Art of the Airsoft Sniper.
What to you feel is the key to the art of a precise airsoft sniper rifle and a sucessful airsoft sniper.
Is it all your upgrades? Is it the BBs you use? Is it external upgrades such as scopes and bipods? Is it DIY upgrades that can be a cheap and effective solution? Is it your camoflage that allows you to blend into your surroundings? Or does it come down to the players skill and wits to be a sucessful sniper?

Please post your comments here. Pictures/videos and links welcome.

HAPPY POSTING:cheers:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Wasn't there a thread on this just recently? Pretty much everyone said the most important aspect of an airsoft sniper is tactics/skill. Think of it as woodworking. While the power tools speed things along, there is always a way to do it by hand. In airsoft sniping, while the slightly longer range does help you out, it is possible to snipe using those cheap clear spring pistols.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The key to the art myself would have to say 85% of sniping comes down to the sniper himself. (skill,tactics,etc.) You can have a fully upgraded gun with someone who can't stay on their target, can't make the right calls, get bored easily, dresses in blue jeans -lolll snipe horribly and then have someone who practices daily with their stock bar-10 nightly shooting at snuff cans/beer cans at 200 feet making it look easy. Camo plays a huge role in blending with ur surrounding, but a true sniper can use his natural surroundings if need be.

1) bipod = a fallen tree, a spotters shoulder
2)upgrades = nice to have for distance and help accuracy
3)scope = i feel is important as it helps identify your target better than the naked eye
4) rifle = be one with what you have - master it!

·
Registered
228 Posts
1) bipod = a fallen tree, a spotters shoulder
2)upgrades = nice to have for distance and help accuracy
3)scope = i feel is important as it helps identify your target better than the naked eye
4) rifle = be one with what you have - master it!
Scope = identifies where your bb's travel better than with the naked eye. There's really no other point in using a scope above 1.5-2x power under 100 yards. I've found out that I'm more accurate with a scope though because I can see exactly where my bb's are going and make precise adjustments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.