Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
I have an ASG M40A3 sportline... Will the cylinder hold a m170 Spring?
Also I already installed the AA hopchamber and my nozzle barely reaches the hopchamber... I actually have to hold the cylinder upfront so it shoots with all the power, if I dont do this I get inconcistent FPS... any tips?

· Registered
35 Posts
I installed the
from Evike.com in my Matrix/Double Eagle "USMC M40A3" (aka M62), which is identical and the same as your ASG (same factory) and was popping MORE than 550fps with 3.2gr BB's, the bolt pull was getting tiring too (way too hard) and Evike Tech Spec warned it could start breaking parts; so I put the stock spring back BUT added 2 appropriate diameter soft felt 1/4 inch spacers. I am getting 525 fps with the 3.2gr BB's, so basically the S&T spring was a waste of money. The stock barrel on my Matrix/Double Eagle "USMC M40A3" mics at 6.05mm, which surprised me how mildly tight it was from the factory! I am ordering a ASG (branded) 6.03mm M40A3 Brass Barrel to try just for kicks, can't hurt, only $18 bucks USD!
ASG Factory Upgrade Tightbore Inner Barrel for McMillan M40A3 Sportline Airsoft Sniper Rifles ID: 11924 (BRL-ASG-18471
If it improves the already Awesome accuracy out to 225 ft, I will be stoked beyond belief. Who needs an absurdly over-priced cult-fetish Norvishitsky sniper rifle that costs 4 time the price as the Matrix/ASG !?
Ok so I will install a M150 spring for longevity...

Also I need help... I installed the Action Army VSR10 Hopchamber, maple leaf bucking, and precision inner barrel.
The gun is shooting way low and very unconsistent... I checked and noticed that the nozzle barely reaches the chamber. If I keep the bolt pressing foward while I shoot I get better results. Anyway to fix this or any cylinder head with longer nozzle I could use?

· Registered
35 Posts
Who's barrel did you use? Can you insert a link to the exact one you used?? You may have bought one that wasn't meant for the ASG M40A3.

As for your problem with the Hopup Chamber and Bucking, "SiliconeSword", the post above yours, would be a far better expert on that. I haven't replaced either of those, as I have had no problems with the factory units. ..... at least not yet!
Heres the link...

Im pretty sure is not the barrel is that the nozzle doesnt reach/seal the chamber as is suppose to...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.