Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Well this thread has become another "book" in my Mod the Double Eagle M62 / M40A3 mod bible.

Thanks all posters for your thoughts and experimenting to save future "Budget Chinese Sniper Rifle" experimenters some grief ..... and money.

PS - my 3 week old (January 25th 2022) Matrix/Double Eagle branded M40A3 / M62 (Evike LA CA, uses both model names interchangeable at the drop of an advert) has a STEEL Receiver, no plastic here. The Evike store Tech said these was newly made in late 2021 and received at their Alhambra CA warehouse back in November 2021. I got it for $72.09 on a flash sale, free shipping since I was buying some other stuff over their threshold.

Just for reference, this is the one I bought: I ordered the Matrix/Double Eagle "USMC M40A3" (no scope or bipod), but a M62 box was delivered. Evike said they are the same, in fact Matrix /DE will no longer using the "M40A3" model name.
Attached:
Order
Current listing at Evike (still calling it a USMC M4A3).
And the box cover labeled M62
Profile shots

Rectangle Font Art Magenta Number

Font Line Parallel Screenshot Gun barrel

Rectangle Gadget Font Electronic device Display device

White Air gun Black Trigger Machine gun

· Registered
13 Posts
I have an ASG M40A3 sportline... Will the cylinder hold a m170 Spring?
Also I already installed the AA hopchamber and my nozzle barely reaches the hopchamber... I actually have to hold the cylinder upfront so it shoots with all the power, if I dont do this I get inconcistent FPS... any tips?
I installed the
from Evike.com in my Matrix/Double Eagle "USMC M40A3" (aka M62), which is identical and the same as your ASG (same factory) and was popping MORE than 550fps with 3.2gr BB's, the bolt pull was getting tiring too (way too hard) and Evike Tech Spec warned it could start breaking parts; so I put the stock spring back BUT added 2 appropriate diameter soft felt 1/4 inch spacers. I am getting 525 fps with the 3.2gr BB's, so basically the S&T spring was a waste of money. The stock barrel on my Matrix/Double Eagle "USMC M40A3" mics at 6.05mm, which surprised me how mildly tight it was from the factory! I am ordering a ASG (branded) 6.03mm M40A3 Brass Barrel to try just for kicks, can't hurt, only $18 bucks USD!
ASG Factory Upgrade Tightbore Inner Barrel for McMillan M40A3 Sportline Airsoft Sniper Rifles ID: 11924 (BRL-ASG-18471
If it improves the already Awesome accuracy out to 225 ft, I will be stoked beyond belief. Who needs an absurdly over-priced cult-fetish Norvishitsky sniper rifle that costs 4 time the price as the Matrix/ASG !?

· Registered
13 Posts
Ok so I will install a M150 spring for longevity...

Also I need help... I installed the Action Army VSR10 Hopchamber, maple leaf bucking, and precision inner barrel.
The gun is shooting way low and very unconsistent... I checked and noticed that the nozzle barely reaches the chamber. If I keep the bolt pressing foward while I shoot I get better results. Anyway to fix this or any cylinder head with longer nozzle I could use?
Who's barrel did you use? Can you insert a link to the exact one you used?? You may have bought one that wasn't meant for the ASG M40A3.

As for your problem with the Hopup Chamber and Bucking, "SiliconeSword", the post above yours, would be a far better expert on that. I haven't replaced either of those, as I have had no problems with the factory units. ..... at least not yet!

· Registered
13 Posts
I don't personally know about the Double Eagle "m61/2." and it's kind of stupid for them to make up a fictitious military designation M61, because the real "M61" is a Vulcan Mini-gun, not a Sniper Rifle. -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M61_Vulcan

The M62 in a "sporter stock" is called a M40A1, the current Marine and Army Sniper version in the "McMillian" Target stock is called the M40A3. The M40A2 was a synthetic camouflaged version of the wooden A1 stock. In the US Military (and all the countries that buy from us U.S.), there is no such thing as a "M61 anything", except as the Vulcan Mini Gun. Leave it to the Commie Chinese to make up BS designations.

(I was in the USAF Vietnam era, stayed until 1989, in the 27th Special Operation Wing. We had and still have USAF Special Ops ground troops like the Navy Seal's and Marine Rangers, called "PJ's" (Rescue and Recon), Spl Ops Air Command and Recon, USAF Commando's, and Spl Ops Sniper Squads. The USAF used Winchester M70's, instead of Remington 700's (M40) and M14A3's for Snipers)

That being said, I seriously doubt that your "m61/2" is anything different from the Double Eagle, aka Matrix, M40A3 or M62A3, other yours having the A1 or A2 "Sporter Stock" like a civilian Remington 700 wold have.

I have a Double Eagle "Marine M40A3" aka M62A3 and it is Completely upgradeable!! You can change everything in it - barrel, chamber, bucking, trigger assembly, bolt, bolt spring, nearly everything! That clown Norvirsch, or however you spell it, buys his from the same China factory these come from, and has them add a slightly tighter barrel, better chamber and increases the price 200% so you can be in the Norvicult brand Cult. Made in Germany or Austria, my a$$. Just like Umarex is also made in China or Taiwan.

Your Double Eagle M40A1 is the same as the equivalent Golden Eagle, ASG, Matrix, etc etc etc...... same factory in China.

"Action Army" brand, are probably the most popular upgrades for these rifles, as long as they are VSR Spec parts, you are good to go as we say in the US Military..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.