Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just joined and have (one way or another) ended up with an ASG M70 Varmint.

After tearing it down and checking it out and reading online I see it is going to be a lot more work to tune and upgrade than a true TM VSR-10 or any fully comparable clone.

My goal would not be too much of a challenge for most other "VSR Style" rifles, I am looking to get consistent shots at around 425-450 FPS (with .2's).

From my current research, I gather that I should be able to use MB-01-05-06-08 piston/guide/spring(Spring upgrade probably not needed as the current spring outputs about 426 @.2)

Also, the trigger assembly looks to be a VSR-10, 45 degree sear style piece of kit and looks to be ok for the time being...

I have yet to look into the hop up unit and I feel it will probably be the biggest challenge with the gun when it comes time to modify or replace.

Now I know the most rational response would be "cut your losses and move on." or "just shoot it till it breaks" but I am looking to be a little different and find out what parts work with this gun for others who buy the ASG M70 and actually enjoy it for what it is and want to see what it can do if enough time and effort is put in.

If anybody could help out or point out any compatibility at all.

Below is the link to a guy upgrading the M70 with an MB01 Kit. (for reference)

Any helpful input is appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Returned it.

Ok, I decided to return the M70 as the mags were not compatable with the other mags I had for my G-Spec., I now have a JG BAR-10 Full length instead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts