Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Companies have been pumping out new products pretty quickly recently don't they?

WGC link:

ASG's YouTube video:

TLDR:

• This is a gun licensed from Steyr and OEMd/made by Modify.
  • Given it uses the same magazine design, it most likely is internally identical, or a variant of the SSG24.
  • Chamber seems to be mostly the same thing as the later generation Mod24s.
  • Is said to have an enlarged cylinder (most likely devirated from a kit developed for the Mod24?) and has an airbrake OOTB.
  • inner barrel length is 363mm with bore diameter 6.03mm, slightly longer than the short barrel version of the SSG24/Mod24.

What I like:

• Nothing much externally, to be honest, outside of Scout's wing bipods. The quality looks good but it's not really my taste.
  • Rated M200 internals.
  • The Mod24 internals should prove to be quite competitive OOTB in accuracy.

What I don't like:

- Internally the same as an SSG24. While it has a larger volume cylinder (which is made meaningless due to the shorter inner barrel isn't going to have troubles flinging heavy BBs with a standard APS2 cylinder and makes more sense on the Mod24), and I am not a fan of the "but it's not VSR so it sucks" argument, it would really be great if companies start making rifles that are more realistic and have more innovative thoughts regarding to the design (like the TAC41).

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've always been fascinated by the scout rifle concept so I am actually hyped for this.
I just wish it was VSR based, solely because vsr parts are a little easier to find in this shit country :(

'nother gun I'd love to see is the Mini-Fix by Q. That thing is lovely

·
Registered
959 Posts
ASG has a Steyr SSG69.
It's not very good.
I hope that their scout is better.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Doesn’t look that good, as far as appearance and internals. No further upgrades really.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Doesn’t look that good, as far as appearance and internals. No further upgrades really.
It's a ssg24 re-stocked and altered slightly.
That means that it's pretty good, what with the tight bore inner barrel, flat hop bucking and strong trigger/cylinder components.
It doesn't need upgrades.
Also, I like the way the steyr scout looks. I was considering making a steyr scout stock for the vsr10, but now this is out so I may just get this.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's a ssg24 re-stocked and altered slightly.
That means that it's pretty good, what with the tight bore inner barrel, flat hop bucking and strong trigger/cylinder components.
It doesn't need upgrades.
Also, I like the way the steyr scout looks. I was considering making a steyr scout stock for the vsr10, but now this is out so I may just get this.

I personally don’t like the way the top of the barrel looks, and how the barrel and the stock meet. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I personally don’t like the way the top of the barrel looks, and how the barrel and the stock meet. Just my opinion.
Appearance is subjective so I totally understand.
I was mostly just talking about the internals.

Reactions: PheonixKingZ

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The externals of the Steyr Scout is pretty much an acquired taste (which i didn't really like either).

Internally it should be pretty good. SSG24/Mod24 internals, AL piston with airbrake preinstalled, steel for things that matter, accuracy performance should be pretty good, there isn't anything to upgrade really (maybe a steel inner barrel if it is still using aluminium barrels, but anodized aluminium should be plenty hard enough anyway). Why find upgrades if the base is plenty tough anyway?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Looks sort of cool, but $400something is a bit steep.
I guess it's just about the looks, so no big deal.

I know multiple people who have the SSG24 as their favorite gun for whatever reasons, so I would assume that this would be awesome with shimming here and there, polishing in certain places, spacers in others, and an R-hop and different nub.
Possibly nozzle adjusting and whatever else, but probably no upgrades, just modifications.

Still, I'd rather have the real thing lol

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess it's just about the looks, so no big deal.

I know multiple people who have the SSG24 as their favorite gun for whatever reasons, so I would assume that this would be awesome with shimming here and there, polishing in certain places, spacers in others, and an R-hop and different nub.
Possibly nozzle adjusting and whatever else, but probably no upgrades, just modifications.

Still, I'd rather have the real thing lol
I also love the SSG24 myself, though primarily because I am a big sucker of that rotary knob end design of the M24 lol; internally it is a completely different thing altogether

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
226 Posts
The externals of the Steyr Scout is pretty much an acquired taste (which i didn't really like either).

Internally it should be pretty good. SSG24/Mod24 internals, AL piston with airbrake preinstalled, steel for things that matter, accuracy performance should be pretty good, there isn't anything to upgrade really (maybe a steel inner barrel if it is still using aluminium barrels, but anodized aluminium should be plenty hard enough anyway). Why find upgrades if the base is plenty tough anyway?
I didn’t realize it was preupgraded, like the SSG24.

Well, the SSG10 is $450, but it does have the Novi stamp on it... also looks better. 😛

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well, the SSG10 is $450, but it does have the Novi stamp on it... also looks better.
The SSG10a1 is around €300.
The a2 is €450.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Can someone clarify something for me.
In the wgcshop page it says 'Pressure lever and TDC for dual hop up adjustment system'.
Does this mean that you can adjust the hopup both my moving a sliding thingy on the side and also a tdc?
Or does it mean that it has two hopup arms and two seperate tdc screws pressing down on each one, like a tdc pdi hopup chamber?

·
Registered
226 Posts
The SSG10a1 is around €300.
The a2 is €450.

Yes, I thought we were speaking of the SSG24...

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can someone clarify something for me.
In the wgcshop page it says 'Pressure lever and TDC for dual hop up adjustment system'.
Does this mean that you can adjust the hopup both my moving a sliding thingy on the side and also a tdc?
Or does it mean that it has two hopup arms and two seperate tdc screws pressing down on each one, like a tdc pdi hopup chamber?
The way I understand it, is that they have two levers on both side of the rifle for adjustment which applies pressure from above the rifle (I did not see two hop up arm that would suggest a dual hopup adjustment system like the PDI chambers).

·
Registered
959 Posts
Reactions: PheonixKingZ
1 - 18 of 18 Posts